Monthly Challenges discussion

February 2017 Challenge > Surprise Me Task

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diana S (last edited Mar 02, 2017 11:31PM) (new)

Diana S | 1997 comments Mod
Post your books here

Directions for this task
1. List 5 books (use bookcovers) that you would like to read this month.
** (this is for the 1st person who post)

example...
Here are my 5 books: The Lake House by Kate Morton Christmas Caramel Murder (Hannah Swenson, #20) by Joanne Fluke The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah The Boys in the Boat Nine Americans and Their Epic Quest for Gold at the 1936 Berlin Olympics by Daniel James Brown A Christmas Carol, The Chimes and The Cricket on the Hearth by Charles Dickens

2. The next person to post will choose the two books for you to read for this task.

example....
For (name) I chose: The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah Christmas Caramel Murder (Hannah Swenson, #20) by Joanne Fluke

3. Then they will list their books:

example....
Here are my 5 books: A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys Brooklyn by Colm Tóibín Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë

.... step #2 and #3 in one post.
4. and so on .......

message 2: by Book Concierge (last edited Feb 01, 2017 12:40PM) (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 685 comments I'll start ...

Here are my 5 books:
One Plus One by Jojo Moyes Death Masks (The Dresden Files, #5) by Jim Butcher Nothing to Do but Stay My Pioneer Mother by Carrie Young Days of Awe by Lauren Fox The Minor Adjustment Beauty Salon (No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency, #14) by Alexander McCall Smith

message 3: by Amberly (new)

Amberly (introverted22) | 148 comments For Tessa I pick:
One Plus One by Jojo Moyes Days of Awe by Lauren Fox

Here are my five:
The Cage (The Cage, #1) by Megan Shepherd Jack 1939 by Francine Mathews I Am Madame X by Gioia Diliberto The Labours of Hercules (Hercule Poirot, #26) by Agatha Christie X-Men Days of Future Past by Chris Claremont

message 4: by Wanda (new)

Wanda (oma1229) For Amberly I pick:

The Labours of Hercules (Hercule Poirot, #26) by Agatha Christie The Cage (The Cage, #1) by Megan Shepherd

Here are my 5:

A Cold Legacy (The Madman's Daughter, #3) by Megan Shepherd Parallel (Travelers, #1) by Claudia Lefeve The Akhenaten Adventure (Children of the Lamp, #1) by P.B. Kerr Aunty Lee's Delights (Singaporean Mystery #1) by Ovidia Yu Girl in Translation by Jean Kwok

message 5: by Bethany (new)

Bethany | 471 comments For Wanda, I pick:
Girl in Translation by Jean Kwok A Cold Legacy (The Madman's Daughter, #3) by Megan Shepherd

My 5:
Yellow Brick War (Dorothy Must Die, #3) by Danielle Paige Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke Ella Minnow Pea A Progressively Lipogrammatic Epistolary Fable by Mark Dunn Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky The Sandman, Vol. 1 Preludes and Nocturnes by Neil Gaiman

message 6: by Amber (new)

Amber (arboan) | 421 comments For Bethany I pick

Yellow Brick War (Dorothy Must Die, #3) by Danielle Paige Ella Minnow Pea A Progressively Lipogrammatic Epistolary Fable by Mark Dunn

Here are my 5
Missing Pieces by Heather Gudenkauf Idaho by Emily Ruskovich Keep Moving And Other Tips About Old Age by Dick Van Dyke A Haunting Dream (A Missing Pieces Mystery, #4) by Joyce Lavene Wicked Stitch (Embroidery Mystery, #8) by Amanda Lee

message 7: by Marilyn (new)

Marilyn Lott | 432 comments For Amber I pick:

Idaho by Emily Ruskovich Keep Moving And Other Tips About Old Age by Dick Van Dyke

Here are my 5:
Orange Is the New Black by Piper Kerman The Fire This Time A New Generation Speaks about Race by Jesmyn Ward Trials of the Earth The True Story of a Pioneer Woman by Mary Mann Hamilton Sweetbitter by Stephanie Danler The Widow by Fiona Barton

message 8: by Diana S (new)

Diana S | 1997 comments Mod
For Marilyn I pick:

The Fire This Time A New Generation Speaks about Race by Jesmyn Ward The Widow by Fiona Barton

Here are my 5:
One Plus One by Jojo Moyes The English Spy (Gabriel Allon, #15) by Daniel Silva Full House (Full #1) by Janet Evanovich Georgia Bottoms by Mark Childress Eligible A Modern Retelling of Pride and Prejudice (The Austen Project, #4) by Curtis Sittenfeld

message 9: by Linda C (new)

Linda C (libladynylindac) | 793 comments For Diane S I pick:

One Plus One by Jojo Moyes Full House (Full #1) by Janet Evanovich

Here are my 5:
Warrior (The Blades of the Rose, #1) by Zoe Archer Room with a Clue (Pennyfoot Hotel #1) by Kate Kingsbury The Incorrigible Lady Catherine (The Three Disgraces, #1) by Elena Greene A Tale of Two Goblins (Dulcie O'Neil, #2) by H.P. Mallory Because of Miss Bridgerton (Rokesbys, #1) by Julia Quinn

message 10: by Linda C (new)

Linda C (libladynylindac) | 793 comments Anyone left to pick for me?

message 11: by Bethany (new)

Bethany | 471 comments I'll pick if no one else will:
A Tale of Two Goblins (Dulcie O'Neil, #2) by H.P. Mallory Warrior (The Blades of the Rose, #1) by Zoe Archer

message 12: by Linda C (new)

Linda C (libladynylindac) | 793 comments Thanks, Bethany
I've been reading these books but holding off on posting in order to put the right ones in the Surprise Me task