Queen's Gambit Arches School discussion

Welcome!

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Colin (last edited Feb 01, 2017 10:11AM) (new)

Colin | 15 comments Mod
My name is Colin. Jami and I will be guiding these discussions, we're excited to work with you!
For today's post we want to get to know you. Give us your name, some hobbies that you enjoy, and what your expecting from this book/discussion. Have the prologue and the first four chapters read by Monday.

message 2: by Colin (new)

Colin | 15 comments Mod
As I said above, my name is Colin. Some things that I enjoy doing are playing the Assassin's Creed games, frequenting the movie theater, swimming, baking, and writing. I'm expecting to have a fun time with this, and look forward to reading your responses!
I haven't read this book before, so I'll be reading it along with you! Hope you have a great weekend!

message 3: by Blade (new)

Blade Slash | 4 comments Hi! I don't like to put my name online, but I like to rock climb and to read.

message 4: by Dagger (new)

Dagger Fox | 5 comments Hi my name is Bennett and i like to ski.

message 5: by Blade (new)

Blade Slash | 4 comments P.S. I love assassins creed to I don't play a lot, though. :(

message 6: by Prestoneon (new)

Prestoneon King | 8 comments Hello my name is Preston and i enjoy video games, like Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty, and many other games. I love pizza, food, swimming, and board games.
I will enjoy the discussions with you guys, and will like reading all about the mystery, and war.

message 7: by Gavin (new)

Gavin Smith | 1 comments Hello my name is Gavin Smith i enjoy legos, rock climbing and more

message 8: by Jami (new)

Jami | 18 comments Mod
Like Colin said I'll be helping with this book discussion. I've already finished the book and will enjoy getting your insights as you read. I'm already enjoying getting to know each of you. I love to read, do crafts, camping, and just about anything to do with art. Not much of a gamer but I love the old systems like SNES and N64.

message 9: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 01, 2017 03:37PM) (new)

You can probably guess my name, considering it's right there. Some things I like to do are read, play video games and go camping. So far Jami is the only person that I have met who also likes old consoles. I have a Gameboy Advance that I use to play my brother's copy of Pokémon Yellow. Also, I might end up becoming the resident grammar nazi, as I couldn't write this without mentioning Collin used the wrong version of your (no hard feelings, but I had to mention it to ease my soul).

Also, if are you guys ever coming to our school? If so, you won't see me there. I'm actually in Costa Rica right now, be I'll still be doing the reading.

Look at that, I managed to write the longest post so far (especially compared to my cousin Bennett).

message 10: by Prestoneon (new)

Prestoneon King | 8 comments Old

message 11: by Prestoneon (new)

Prestoneon King | 8 comments Old consoles are awesome.

message 12: by Jami (new)

Jami | 18 comments Mod
Ammon wrote: "You can probably guess my name, considering it's right there. Some things I like to do are read, play video games and go camping. So far Jami is the only person that I have met who also likes old c..."

Not really against you being a grammar Nazi, just like to point out that you missed some. Your own post has an error as well.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Shoot. Oh well, I was in a bit of a hurry. It's always harder to see your own mistakes, which is true in both grammar and life.

message 14: by Colin (new)

Colin | 15 comments Mod
Ammon wrote: "You can probably guess my name, considering it's right there. Some things I like to do are read, play video games and go camping. So far Jami is the only person that I have met who also likes old c..."

Haha! I seriously thought you were going to tell me I spelled my name wrong! Haha! That's what happens when you read these things just as you wake up!

message 15: by sunflower (new)

sunflower (ruby_red13) | 34 comments Haha!! Of course, Ammon needs to correct typos to "ease his soul"..... Typical ammon

message 16: by Dagger (new)

Dagger Fox | 5 comments I also love camping and ammon just so you know im not gonna take the time to do grammar so dont correct me pls

message 17: by Dagger (new)

Dagger Fox | 5 comments i will probably just keep adding things i like as other people mention them

message 18: by Prestoneon (new)

Prestoneon King | 8 comments no dagger

message 19: by Blade (new)

Blade Slash | 4 comments What are we suppost to do?

message 20: by Prestoneon (new)

Prestoneon King | 8 comments i dont know

message 21: by sunflower (new)

sunflower (ruby_red13) | 34 comments Do we have another assignment for today?

message 22: by Jami (new)

Jami | 18 comments Mod
Sorry we were late posting this morning. The home page should have any new discussions or polls for you to answer. I'll be better about posting from now on.

message 23: by sunflower (new)

sunflower (ruby_red13) | 34 comments Ok awesome thanks!!

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Unfortunately, Goodreads doesn't support gifs for profile pictures so now mine is ridiculous with no context.

On the other hand it's hilarious so that's good.