Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

ARCHIVES > Help Disney Princess Re-tellings with a twist!

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kate (new)

Kate (trulyblessed_momma) | 1 comments Lately I have been reading Sinful Cinderella, it's good so far, I have also read the Splintered series (which is awesome).

I was just wondering if anyone knows of any other books that are a twist on the classic Disney princesses. I love all things Disney so I want to start a collection of Disney styled books that are different then the classic fairytales.

Please help !
Thanks all :)

message 2: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Feb 01, 2017 09:03AM) (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments I'm going to move this over to the recommendation area. :)

message 3: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments so....Just to make sure... you don't want Fairytale re-tellings (most disney princesses are based on fairytales...)

I haven't read the one you mentioned, but retellings may be what you want to find...

Cruel Beauty (Cruel Beauty Universe, #1) by Rosamund Hodge Splintered (Splintered, #1) by A.G. Howard Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer Of Beast and Beauty by Stacey Jay Briar Rose by Jana Oliver

and Mulan retelling is Defy (Defy, #1) by Sara B. Larson

I hope some of these help :)

message 4: by Shelby (new)

Shelby | 52 comments A Bite's Tale by Veronica Blade is really good. Blood and Snow is pretty good too.

message 5: by Kikijanika (last edited Mar 27, 2017 04:26AM) (new)

Kikijanika | 2918 comments The Shadow Queen (Ravenspire, #1) by C.J. Redwine is a re-telling, too.