Love Inspired Historicals discussion

Birthdays > February Birthdays for LIH members...

Comments Showing 1-50 of 98 (98 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 2257 comments Another month is here and a short one too, Celebrating our members and any guest on their birthday...this day is special not only to you but to we as friends....come celebrate. we have virtual treats to enjoy.
I have Nina-Winnie-Valri&Cheryl-Lyn-KathyE-and AusJenny, any others let us know.

message 2: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 2257 comments Stopping by to hang our banners high in shades of purple and pink for "Happy Birthday Nina" tomorrow is her special day. the tables have cloths of blue checkered mixed with white, I brought a beautiful cake ...http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/p...
a champagne cake, I know all will want to taste this.

message 3: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2505 comments Happy birthday, Nina! Hope you are going to do something special. Love the decorations ,Paula-O.
I am adding Lemon Crepes sweetened with Ricotta . The recipe link is below:
http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipe...

The cake looks wonderful , Paula-O. I will have to try a slice.

message 4: by Christine (new)

Christine Johnson | 1102 comments Happy birthday, Nina! I've brought some raspberry white chocolate scones this morning to go with tear and coffee.

message 5: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4942 comments I hope you have a wonderful birthday bringing hot chocolate to add to the foods

message 6: by MaryE (new)

MaryE Stifflemire | 499 comments Happy Birthday Nina!! I hope you are having a great day!! It's in the 80's here in central Texas. I'd rather have some winter while it's still winter.

I'm adding some little tarts to the table, cherry, blueberry, peach and pear. And some whipped cream too.

message 7: by Keli (new)

Keli Gwyn (keligwyn) | 757 comments Belated birthday wishes to you, Nina! I hope you enjoyed your special day.

message 8: by Valri (new)

Valri Western | 963 comments Happy Belated birthday, Nina! I've been out of town and just got back so I'm checking in! Hope your day was wonderful!

message 9: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 2257 comments stopping in to hang our banners high in pretty colors of a light red mixed with light blues, tomorrow is "Happy Birthday Winnie", I have the tables all ready for treats to come....

message 10: by Keli (new)

Keli Gwyn (keligwyn) | 757 comments Happy birthday, Winnie!

message 11: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4942 comments Happy Birthday Winnie bringing some cupcakes.

message 12: by Christine (new)

Christine Johnson | 1102 comments Happy birthday, Winnie! I've brought a key lime pie with gingersnap crust. This is the first time I've made it with anything but a graham cracker crust. It's delish!

message 13: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 2257 comments I like the looks of the tables filling, I am putting a red velvet cake with cream cheese icing there also, Christine the pie is great with this gingersnap crust....

message 14: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 558 comments Winnie, Happy Birthday!
I'll set some Iced Tea and Lemonade on the table to help wash down all the lovely treats.
Have a wonderful day!

message 15: by MaryE (new)

MaryE Stifflemire | 499 comments Happy Birthday Winnie!! I hope you are having a wonderful day!!!

message 16: by Christine (new)

Christine Johnson | 1102 comments Yum! Red velvet cake. One of my favorites.

message 17: by Valri (new)

Valri Western | 963 comments Happy Birthday, Winnie! I hope your day is going wonderfully!

message 18: by Sherida (new)

Sherida Stewart | 252 comments Winnie, hope your day has been filled with many birthday blessings! I'll leave some white chocolate and cherry fudge on the table for the late arriving guests.

message 19: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 2257 comments Ahhh tomorrow is valentine's day BUT we are hanging banners in multi colors for "Happy Birthday Valri &Happy Birthday Cheryl",tomorrow is your special day and we are hoping it is the greatest from beginning to end.

message 20: by Jenn (new)

Jenn Happy Birthday to everyone in February and Happy Valentines Day to everyone:)

message 21: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2505 comments Happy Birthday Valri &Happy Birthday Cheryl ! HOPE BOTH OF YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL AND EXCITING DAY.
I have a question for the birthday girls! When you were growing up did you think everyone was celebrating your birthday because it is Valentine's day?
I am going to make the punch. We use ginger ale and a frozen mixed punch and add rainbow sherbet. We also just use ginger ale and add rainbow sherbet. I think that I will make both. It goes with just about everything.

message 22: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 558 comments Happy Birthday to Valri! Happy Birthday to Cheryl!
I'll bring the birthday girls each a special cake, not heart shaped.
Happy Valentine's Day to Everyone else!

message 23: by Christine (new)

Christine Johnson | 1102 comments Happy birthday, Valri!
Happy birthday, Cheryl!
I've brought cupcakes in a variety of flavors. You'll find your favorite here.

message 24: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 2257 comments Ladies the tables are filling but I am going to squeeze in these pies, one Pecan and one chocolate piled high meringue like my Mom used to fix for our birthdays. Hope I have one that is special for you, Happy Birthday.

message 25: by Sherida (last edited Feb 14, 2017 02:29PM) (new)

Sherida Stewart | 252 comments Happy birthday to Valri and Cheryl! Hope you both have many birthday blessings!

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone!

I'll add this Rosette Red Velvet cake for the celebration. I recently saw this on our vacation...didn't try it, but it looks perfect for today's party.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/3616960...

message 26: by Keli (new)

Keli Gwyn (keligwyn) | 757 comments Happy birthday, Valri and Cheryl! In keeping with the multicolored theme, I'm adding a platter of marbleized chocolate bark. Love those colorful swirls.
http://theviewfromgreatisland.com/mar...

message 27: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4942 comments Happy Birthday Valri and Cheryl. As Valri can't have chocolate I am providing a table where we can decorate our own cupcakes (with no chocolate in sight) .

message 28: by Valri (new)

Valri Western | 963 comments Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone! So far I'm having a good day! No rain today and my hubby is taking me to dinner tonight :)

message 29: by Valri (new)

Valri Western | 963 comments Melinda wrote: "Happy Birthday Valri &Happy Birthday Cheryl ! HOPE BOTH OF YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL AND EXCITING DAY.
I have a question for the birthday girls! When you were growing up did you think everyone was celeb..."

Melinda,
I can't remember thinking that everyone was celebrating my birthday but I thought it was great every year that I was the only one in the classroom that got to have a party on her birthday! YAY!!!!!

message 30: by Jenn (new)

Jenn Happy Birthday Valri and Cheryl! Do you both like Chocolate? my son's Birthday is today also and he has mixed feelings about chocolate.

message 31: by Valri (new)

Valri Western | 963 comments Unfortunately, I am allergic to chocolate! A curse for a Valentine baby but such is life! I've found other treats to substitute over the years :)

message 32: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2505 comments Valri,
What treats do you use instead of chocolate?

message 33: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 2257 comments Keli wrote: "Happy birthday, Valri and Cheryl! In keeping with the multicolored theme, I'm adding a platter of marbleized chocolate bark. Love those colorful swirls.
http://theviewfromgreatisland.com/mar......"

this is certainly colorful Keli, thanks for adding to our treats,I am going to get a taste of that.

message 34: by Valri (new)

Valri Western | 963 comments I love CARAMEL!!! I also love things with fruit :) I love pudding too :) Don't get me started - I could go on for awhile!!!!

message 35: by Jenn (new)

Jenn caramel is yummy, and pudding too. do you like rice pudding?

message 36: by Valri (new)

Valri Western | 963 comments I totally LOVE rice pudding!

message 37: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2505 comments Love rice pudding

message 38: by Becky (new)

Becky Smith | 660 comments Happy Belated Birthday to Winnie, Valri & Cheryl! I'm making homemade ice cream.

message 39: by Valri (new)

Valri Western | 963 comments Thanks, Becky! I love homemade ice cream! Just don't put any chocolate in it for me!

message 40: by Christine (new)

Christine Johnson | 1102 comments Becky wrote: "Happy Belated Birthday to Winnie, Valri & Cheryl! I'm making homemade ice cream."

Yum! Homemade ice cream is so good.

message 41: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2505 comments Homemade ice cream is a wonderful treat.

message 42: by MaryE (new)

MaryE Stifflemire | 499 comments Happy Birthday Valri and Cheryl!!! I hope you both had a wonderful day!!

message 43: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 2257 comments stopping in to hang banners for our birthday tomorrow,shades of green for "Happy Birthday Lyn",lets celebrate the weekend as sundays are just to short and made for church and family....I have brought https://www.pinterest.com/pin/8164886...
a strawberry cake ....
for our tables....after
that wonderful week we spent doing the Valen tine Ball -I know many of you are still in the party mood.
Hope you have a wonderful birthday Lyn.

message 44: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2505 comments Happy Birthday ,Lynn! Hope you do something very special this weekend.
The many shades of green make a beautiful mix of shading, Paula-O.

I have put some water on for hot tea and started the coffee. The special creamers are in the small cooler on the table. I am putting a German coffee cake on the table. It has cinnamon and apples in it. It is my grandmother's recipe.

message 45: by Keli (new)

Keli Gwyn (keligwyn) | 757 comments Happy birthday, Lyn! I'm adding a Grasshopper Cake to the table. Enjoy the chocolate fudge and minty goodness.
http://www.afarmgirlsdabbles.com/judi...

message 46: by Valri (new)

Valri Western | 963 comments Happy Birthday, Lyn! I've brought a lovely Angel Food cake with strawberries and whip cream!

message 47: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4942 comments Happy Birthday Lyn I hope you have a wonderful birthday. I am bringing cinnamon rolls to add to the table.

message 48: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 558 comments Happy Birthday Lyn!
I'm feeling nostalgic so I will bring a Pineapple Upside down cake to the table. It was a favorite childhood treat.

message 49: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4942 comments Andrea mum use to make them for use too and serve it warm with ice cream or cream

message 50: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 2257 comments Hi Lyn, hope your birthday is filled with happiness today, we are celebrating the weekend with you ....lots of treats and fellowship with friends....I have a carrot cake today...some veggies for us.

« previous 1