Careless Readers discussion

Getting to Know You > How did you get started reading?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shiane (new)

Shiane Jacocks (winterwaldo) | 14 comments Mod
Everyone gets started reading in some way. Most of the time it is through a difficult time (let's say, the adolescent years). For me, I was in middle school and my parents were going through a divorce. I moved to three different middle schools so the friends I would make, I would have to leave. I had also broke my leg. So, this is the book that really got me into reading Sweetblood and "moving" so to speak. I loved it because she was a weird kid who was into weird things like vampires (yes, I had a vampire stage). She was also goth and had one friend. I still have this book, pages torn and everything. I also started writing after this.

message 2: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Elliott (tiffanykelliott) | 7 comments Sorry for the delay!!

I loved reading from a young age. The first "real" book I read all by myself was Farmer Boy when I was 6, and I haven't stopped since. I got an award for reading when I was in 6th grade, for reading the most pages in all of the Val Verde school district. Heh.

message 3: by Shiane (new)

Shiane Jacocks (winterwaldo) | 14 comments Mod
It's really cool to see how books have helped everyone c:

message 4: by Chloë (new)

Chloë Miller | 2 comments I started reading because I loved to pretend I was someone else. The books that really got me started were the Warrior Series. They're about these clans of cats that fight and battle for their territory. They made me love reading and actually was the basis for my first crush, who also loved reading and acting out the series. It built my confidence.

message 5: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Elliott (tiffanykelliott) | 7 comments Kassi wrote: "I always struggled to make friends when I was younger because I was painfully shy - i could barely talk to family members outside of my parents. In elementary school I started spending lunch in the..."

Oh, I remember reading Nancy Drew! :)