Bookworm Buddies discussion

Buddy Reads > The Kept Woman - Karin Slaughter

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Janie, Group Owner & Book Addict (new)

Janie Johnson | 13998 comments Mod
Ok I am ready for this one. Who wants to join in with Susan, Mary and I? And ladies we need a start date. Do we want to read this in February?

message 2: by Janie, Group Owner & Book Addict (new)

Hello??!! LOL Susan? Mary? Are ya here anywhere?

message 3: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth  | 1473 comments I am here! I just saw this lol! Yes I am in for this. I just have to wait for the ebook or audiobook to come in from the library.

message 4: by Janie, Group Owner & Book Addict (new)

Ok Mary just let us know when. I have to finish HP and then I have another buddy read set for Sunday, but after that I will be picking up. Sound good?

message 5: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth  | 1473 comments That sounds good. I have a buddy read either Mon or Tues then after that sounds good. I just hope to have the book by then. Keeping my fingers crossed that I do. I love this seties.

message 6: by Janie, Group Owner & Book Addict (new)

Ok just let me know what happens.

message 7: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth  | 1473 comments I now have this book. I now own it so just let me know when you want to read it. I would like to start it as soon as possible.

message 8: by Janie, Group Owner & Book Addict (new)

Ha Mary I could not wait. I have read it and it was amazing. Pretty sure Susan is still wanting to read it.

message 9: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth  | 1473 comments Glad it was amazing Janie!

Hey Susan Suzie Q lol! When do you want to read this?

message 10: by ✨Susan✨ (new)

✨Susan✨ (suswelch) | 1889 comments Hey Mare bear..lol. I'm here, I'm here...Okay. Just found this thread. Friday the 24th? Is that the date? I'm ready whenever. Woot woot.

message 11: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth  | 1473 comments Lol! Love the humor Susan! Yes Friday the 24th will work.
I am so ready to read it! Doing the Happy Dance! Woot!
I would read it now but have a buddy read Monday.

message 12: by Janie, Group Owner & Book Addict (new)

You guys this one was sooooo GOOD! Hope you guys enjoy it just as much. Sorry I did not wait for y'all, but I had to get it read so I could get into The Fiery Cross because I want to finish that one this month too.

message 13: by ✨Susan✨ (new)

✨Susan✨ (suswelch) | 1889 comments Welllll ;-/...I guess it's okay, only because it was "The Fiery Cross" you were betraying us for.

message 14: by Janie, Group Owner & Book Addict (new)

Haha Susan, I thought that might earn your forgiveness.

message 15: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth  | 1473 comments Thanks Janie! Glad to hear that it was good. I can relate to reading The Fiery Cross. I will give you a high five if you finish it this month. I just couldnt do it. If you finish and love it I just might have to finish it next month. Maybe? Lol!

message 16: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth  | 1473 comments Susan I am now starting this but reading with another book.

message 17: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth  | 1473 comments Finished chapter1- (view spoiler)
That was a long chapter.

message 18: by Janie, Group Owner & Book Addict (new)

Dun dun dun....

message 19: by ✨Susan✨ (last edited Feb 25, 2017 10:59AM) (new)

✨Susan✨ (suswelch) | 1889 comments Lol...hahaha...Collier after he vomits and finds out it was a pet. "I still want it dead...with fire". Cracked me up.

"I don't care what you say, that thing looks pregnant".

message 20: by Janie, Group Owner & Book Addict (new)

lol that was pretty funny Susan, what a crybaby.

message 21: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth  | 1473 comments I thought the same way, then when he got finished vomiting, he wiped it on his shirt! Ewwww!. Looked pregnant to me too. Only a weirdo would have one of those for a pet.

Also I dont think that
I am on chapter 5.

message 22: by ✨Susan✨ (new)

✨Susan✨ (suswelch) | 1889 comments Chapter 13 ? (view spoiler)

message 23: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth  | 1473 comments OMG! Janie you are right... this book was just amazing.

End of book...(view spoiler)

message 24: by ✨Susan✨ (new)

✨Susan✨ (suswelch) | 1889 comments I'm so confused (view spoiler)

message 25: by Janie, Group Owner & Book Addict (new)

Mary, Angie certainly does bring excitement to the story that is for sure, but she really does do her best to bring disruption and mayhem to Will and Sara's lives.

message 26: by ✨Susan✨ (last edited Mar 02, 2017 11:52AM) (new)

✨Susan✨ (suswelch) | 1889 comments Finished and I'm going to have to go back and re-read. Argh. It's driving me crazy. (view spoiler)