Retro Rereads discussion

February Picks

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Woodbury (jessicaesquire) | 8 comments Mod
What's your retro reread this month? If you're still working on your January pick, no worries, you are still welcome here. ;)

I originally had Ender's Game up next but I'm pretty sure that was a 7th grade book and that My Name Is Asher Lev (previously #3) was a 6th grade book so I'm going to swap them out and do My Name Is Asher Lev next. This may also be because it's possibly the one on this list I'm most excited and curious to re-read.

message 2: by Florencia (new)

Florencia | 4 comments Time for reacquainting myself with The Family Moskat bu Isaac Bashevis Singer. I read it in my twenties and it blew my mind. It's been almost 30 years and I hope I won't be disappointed.

message 3: by Cheyenne (new)

Cheyenne Hornburg | 3 comments I began reading Anne of Green Gables. I had forgotten how lovely Montgomery's prose is! I'll continue to read it but in between, I'm re-reading Brave New World. For some reason, dystopian fiction is calling to me. I'll read about Anne when I need a pick-me-up.

Margie (Bookzombie) (bookzombie08) | 3 comments I going with Misery this month. It's been so long since I read it that I feel like I remember the movie more than the book. I will probably re-watch the movie after I finish the book.

message 5: by Audrey (new)

Audrey (aiweihuang) | 5 comments Dennie wrote: "This month I'm rereading Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie Kinsella. I'm moving house this month so thankfully this is a light read."

I've re-read that first chapter where the MC spews, so many times. I laugh every single time. I think the first time, I was almost crying.

message 6: by Audrey (new)

Audrey (aiweihuang) | 5 comments I'm going to re-read Summer of the Redeemers by Carolyn Haines. Reasons to be explained in the recap thread, once I've re-read it.

message 7: by Emily (new)

Emily (emilywyatt) There is no method to the order that I am choosing. This month, I am re-reading The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz-Zafron.

message 8: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte (charlottemaeve) | 5 comments I am going to reread The Other Boleyn Girl, the first piece of historical fiction I ever read.

message 9: by Gwyneth (new)

Gwyneth (gwynethlee) | 3 comments I am going to reread The Handmaid's Tale, by Margaret Atwood. I've been meaning to reread this for a while, and now seems a very appropriate time to do so.

message 10: by Krista (new)

Krista (krista225) | 3 comments I have selected 1984 by George Orwell. I have a very yellowed paperback copy of it, but will be reading the Kindle version as it is part of the Kindle Prime Reading options. Thank goodness! The font in the paperback is painfully small.

message 11: by Jill (new)

Jill | 4 comments I re-read Anne of Green Gables, but actually listened to it on audio this time (the new one narrated by Rachel McAdams). I first read this when I was maybe 11 or 12 years old, and I remember plowing through the entire Anne series pretty quickly. I had forgotten how much I loved this book, and now I want to re-read the entire series!

message 12: by Stella (new)

Stella (stellajane) | 4 comments I'm re-reading The 13th Tale.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Cheyenne wrote: "I began reading Anne of Green Gables. I had forgotten how lovely Montgomery's prose is! I'll continue to read it but in between, I'm re-reading Brave New World. For some reason, dystopian fiction i..."
If you like dystopian, try re-reading 1984,