Fantasy Book Club Series discussion

Son of the Shadows (Sevenwaters, #2)
This topic is about Son of the Shadows
Sevenwaters > Sevenwaters #2-Son of the Shadows--First Impressions No Spoilers

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maggie, The Malazan Queen of Chaos (new) - rated it 4 stars

Maggie K | 1202 comments Mod
Our story continues with the children of Sorcha...what is their fit into the prophecy? Who is the Son of Shadows?

Who else is looking forward to a return to the Sevenwaters?

Krista | 35 comments I'm already firmly back in the Sevenwaters (about 40% in). Enjoying it so far....so curious about the Son of Shadows...have a guess

message 3: by Kathi, There’s no such thing as too many books! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kathi | 791 comments Mod
I hope to start this by the end of the week. Looking forward to it!

Katy (kathy_h) | 141 comments I'll be reading this one about mid-month.

Margret I'm continuing. Will start soon depending on how many library holds conspire to come off at once

message 6: by Shelly K (new)

Shelly K | 24 comments I LOVED Daughter of the Forest but it felt so concluded. My curiosity has not been piqued to see what happens next. Usually I'm really eager to move on to book two but I'm not really feeling Son of Shadows right now. Hopefully the mood will strike soon or I'll be inspired by your comments :)

Anna (vegfic) I started this today, just finished the first chapter. Not much to say yet, but so far it feels like it's more what I thought the first book would be.

Krista | 35 comments I finished this last week. Will hold off comments until the Finished thread is up.

message 9: by Kathi, There’s no such thing as too many books! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kathi | 791 comments Mod
Finished the first chapter, which sucked me in completely! Looking forward to the unfolding of this tale.

message 10: by Anna (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anna (vegfic) Despite a good start, it took me forever to finish this. Today I sat down and made it a point to finish and I did, although I did make a trip to the library and read a graphic novel when I had two chapters left.

I think I have to read the third one, I'm a completionist, and I don't dislike the series enough to give up on it completely. But this really doesn't make me ever want to pick up anything else by Marillier, which is a shame, since I've been under the impression that I would really like her.

Many of the things I disliked would be spoilers, so I won't mention them since there's no spoiler thread yet. But I think the main reason is that this is just not my taste. I would still recommend this to someone else, I understand why it's well liked.

message 11: by Kathi, There’s no such thing as too many books! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kathi | 791 comments Mod
I am 75% done and will be ready for the "finished reading--spoilers allowed" thread soon. Such a bittersweet tale so far...