Romance Audiobooks discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Sub-Genre of the Month > Military Romance-February 2017

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 2021 comments Mod
Many thanks to Lara who suggested our sub-genre of the month.

Please read any military romance this month. Share with us your thoughts.

message 2: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 15 comments Just finished listening to The Unsung Hero by Suzanne Brockmann. This was my first military romance. At first I have to admit that I was a little bored with it. The ending has some over-the-top aspects to it also. But overall it was a good listen! .

message 3: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 4620 comments Mod
It's the slowest in the series. By book #3, it's hard to resist the urge to binge read.

message 4: by Lara (new)

Lara | 81 comments I listened to A Night to Surrender (Spindle Cove, #1) by Tessa Dare , which had a strong military aspect, but was also fairly humorous. The hero was injured in battle and is dying to get back to war despite not being completely healed. I read the 5th book in the series recently and really enjoyed it. This book was referred to, and the lightness fit my mood, so I prioritized starting the series.

message 5: by Lara (new)

Lara | 81 comments Last night I started Winters Heat (Titan, #1) by Cristin Harber , which has a lot of action, but is still somewhat humorous. The hero is very serious about his job, but not about the same things the rest of us are. It's pretty funny. So far I'm not too impressed with the heroine, but there hasn't been much background yet.

message 6: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 2021 comments Mod
Lara wrote: "I listened to A Night to Surrender (Spindle Cove, #1) by Tessa Dare, which had a strong military aspect, but was also fairly humorous. The hero was injured in battle and is dying to get back to war despite not..."

That wasnt my favorite book in the series. It got better with each book.

message 7: by Lara (new)

Lara | 81 comments Samantha wrote: "Lara wrote: "I listened to A Night to Surrender (Spindle Cove, #1) by Tessa Dare, ..."

That wasnt my favorite book in the series. It got better with each book.

I've seen so many recommendations for the series that I've been meaning to read it. I'm glad I finally got that one down. It wasn't bad, it was just uneven, with the physical aspects of the romance seeming to be out of character with the rest of the book.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.