Romance Audiobooks discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > February Romance Listening

Comments Showing 1-50 of 53 (53 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 1934 comments Mod
What romance audiobook are you listening to this month?

message 2: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 3976 comments Mod
Still listening to Blood Magick by Nora Roberts, The Cousin's O'Dwyer.
Blood Magick (The Cousins O'Dwyer Trilogy, #3) by Nora Roberts

message 3: by Samantha (new)

I'm finishing up The Master The Master (The Game Maker, #2) by Kresley Cole

message 4: by Moriah (new)

Moriah | 497 comments Finishing up Salt Hendon Collection: A Georgian Historical Romance Boxed Set. Alex Windham's narration is sublime as always.

message 5: by Shaan (new)

Shaan Ranae | 1 comments Listening to After You by JoJo Moyes

message 6: by Jonetta (new)

Shaan wrote: "Listening to After You by JoJo Moyes"

Hope you enjoy!

message 7: by Samantha (new)

Went back to finish up Archer's Voice Archer's Voice by Mia Sheridan

message 8: by Samantha (new)

Listening to The Warlord Wants Forever The Warlord Wants Forever (Immortals After Dark #1) by Kresley Cole

message 9: by Jonetta (new)

Samantha wrote: "Listening to The Warlord Wants ForeverThe Warlord Wants Forever (Immortals After Dark #1) by Kresley Cole"

Is this your first time listening to the series?

message 10: by Samantha (new)

Yes it is :)

message 11: by Jonetta (new)

You're in for a treat! Especially with Petkoff narrating.

message 12: by Samantha (new)

I'm already enjoying it. This series has been recommended to me more than once, I figure it was time to start.

message 13: by Jonetta (new)

I finished listening to Blood Magick by Nora Roberts, The Cousins O'Dwyer #3. It was just okay but Susan Erickson was great as the narrator. Here's my review.
Blood Magick (The Cousins O'Dwyer Trilogy, #3) by Nora Roberts

message 14: by Samantha (new)

I started Royally Screwed Royally Screwed (Royally, #1) by Emma Chase

message 15: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 1329 comments Samantha wrote: "I'm already enjoying it. This series has been recommended to me more than once, I figure it was time to start."

Lucky you! 15+ audios to enjoy! I've listened to some of the books multiple times - Lothaire is my favorite.

message 16: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 1329 comments I listened to Marrying Winterborne (The Ravenels, #2) by Lisa Kleypas and was disappointment in two things: the hero's voice (was atrocious!) and how he disappeared for a good chunk of the book.

Now I'm trying to find out what to listen next...I think I'm in the mood for HR, but I'm trying to listen something I already own...(I'm piling too many unlistened audios in my Audible account!)

message 17: by Samantha (new)

D.G. wrote: "Samantha wrote: "I'm already enjoying it. This series has been recommended to me more than once, I figure it was time to start."

Lucky you! 15+ audios to enjoy! I've listened to some of the books ..."

I was scared to start a new series but I am glad I did.

message 18: by Samantha (new)

I'm going to start A Hunger Like No Other A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark #2) by Kresley Cole

message 19: by Ezinwanyi (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 562 comments Just finished listening to Proving Paul's Promise (The Reed Brothers, #5) by Tammy Falkner and now listening to Three Weeks to Wed (The Worthingtons, #1) by Ella Quinn

message 20: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 1329 comments Listening to Hot for Him (Harlequin Blaze, #326) by Sarah Mayberry . Sarah Mayberry is such an underrated author!

message 21: by JaneA (new)

JaneA | 485 comments D.G. wrote: "Listening to Hot for Him (Harlequin Blaze, #326) by Sarah Mayberry. Sarah Mayberry is such an underrated author!"

Agree about Sarah Mayberry! I had no idea her Harlequin's were available as audiobooks. I really liked this series when I read it. What do you think of the narrator?

message 22: by Samantha (new)

Listening to 'Til Death: Volume One 'Til Death Volume One ('Til Death, #1) by Bella Jewel

message 23: by Camryn (new)

Camryn Hi, can someone help me out With finding a book we forgot whats called?
I have that dilemma right now. I was Reading a book and now I wanted to re read it again but i can not remember what it is called! :/
All I remember is that it was a romance book, the two main characters where fixing houses /builidings and they hated each other since they were children.
They could not be in the same room or place without getting into truble!
and she had a hot chocolad ediction. she always drinked that everyday!
they lived in a town and right by each other. and they had to work on a building together. she had some older brothers whom worked for her and he wanted them to work for him and not her.
pls help me!!!!

message 24: by Jonetta (new)

Camryn wrote: "Hi, can someone help me out With finding a book we forgot whats called?
I have that dilemma right now. I was Reading a book and now I wanted to re read it again but i can not remember what it is ca..."

Camryn, repost your question here:

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 25: by Ezinwanyi (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 562 comments Samantha wrote: "Listening to 'Til Death: Volume One'Til Death Volume One ('Til Death, #1) by Bella Jewel"

I liked this one.

message 26: by Samantha (last edited Feb 18, 2017 07:25PM) (new)

Me too so far and I have volume two.

message 27: by JaneA (new)

JaneA | 485 comments I just finished Moonshadow (Moonshadow, #1) by Thea Harrison Moonshadow and loved it. I am looking forward to her next book in this trilogy set in Thea Harrison's Elder Races world.

message 28: by Ezinwanyi (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 562 comments Listening to Mr. Perfect (Mister, #1) by J.A. Huss

message 29: by KathyB (new)

KathyB  (kathybrown) | 636 comments I finished Lacybourne Manor (Ghosts and Reincarnation, #3) by Kristen Ashley Lacybourne Manor over the weekend. I switched between reading and listening because the male/hero narration was awful. Audio version was very disappointing, it almost ruined the story.

message 30: by JaneA (new)

JaneA | 485 comments KathyB wrote: "I finished Lacybourne Manor (Ghosts and Reincarnation, #3) by Kristen AshleyLacybourne Manor over the weekend. I switched between reading and listening because the male/hero narration was awful. Audio version ..."

Good to know, it looks like that whole series is narrated by the same person. The other KA series that was, IMO, ruined by the narrator was the Dream Man series. :(

message 31: by Trish (new)

Trish R. JaneA wrote: "KathyB wrote: "I finished Lacybourne Manor (Ghosts and Reincarnation, #3) by Kristen AshleyLacybourne Manor over the weekend. I switched between reading and listening because the male/hero narration was awful...."

Makes sense to me: Have someone read this, have the reviewers say "ruined by narrator" and be sure to let that narrator do all the books! Jeez, how stupid is that? As much as I like Ghosts and Reincarnation stories I'll definitely pass on these. Thanks...

message 32: by Kym (new)

Kym | 99 comments Just finished Devil in Spring
It was okay.
Now I'm hitching a ride in the way back machine and starting Virgin River I may have read/listened to one or two of these out of order, but I'm not sure. I'm hopeful this will be worth the $4.98 I paid in The First in Series sale at audible.

message 33: by Jonetta (new)

Can't vouch for the audio version but loved the book and series.

message 34: by Jonetta (new)

I'm now listening to It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover.
It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover

message 35: by Kym (new)

Kym | 99 comments I am not enjoying Virgin River
It's just so slow, and I don't much care for Mel. I still have 5 hours to go! But I'm breaking it up with
Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? in paper.

message 36: by Samantha (new)

I liked Virgin River when I read it. Didnt do the audio. However, Mel got on my nerves. Let's just just say I am not a fan of hers.

message 37: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (honeybee73) | 162 comments I'm really enjoying Pretty Face Pretty Face (London Celebrities, #2) by Lucy Parker . I haven't been this entertained since The Hating Game

message 38: by Jonetta (new)

Samantha wrote: "I liked Virgin River when I read it. Didnt do the audio. However, Mel got on my nerves. Let's just just say I am not a fan of hers."

Mel's an acquired taste:)

message 39: by Jonetta (new)

I finished listening to It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover and found it compelling. I also wouldn't consider this romance, more like contemporary fiction with romantic elements. Here's my review.
It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover

message 40: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 1329 comments JaneA wrote: "Agree about Sarah Mayberry! I had no idea her Harlequin's were available as audiobooks. I really liked this series when I read it. What do you think of the narrator?"

Sorry JaneA...didn't see your message! Not all of her books are in audio but some are.

I thought the narrator was good. Her voice is a bit deep for a woman but it allows her to do a good job on the male voices.

message 41: by JaneA (new)

JaneA | 485 comments D.G. wrote: "I thought the narrator was good. Her voice is a bit deep for a woman but it allows her to do a good job on the male voices.
"

Thanks, good to know. I really like to get feedback on new to me narrators!

message 42: by JaneA (new)

JaneA | 485 comments I just finished On Dublin Street (On Dublin Street, #1) by Samantha Young On Dublin Street and loved it. I remember enjoying it in print several years ago so when it came up in the recent sale I bought it from Audible. It was so good, and I thought the narrators were excellent. Definitely worth re-visiting in audio.

message 43: by Ezinwanyi (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 562 comments I bought this paper back for $0.50 at a garage sale but never read it. Its been in my home for several years. I finally bought the audio and listened to it. Actually, I devoured Stranger in My Arms by Lisa Kleypas
I just love Lisa Kleypas. She writes really good stuff!

message 44: by Jonetta (new)

I'm a huge Kleypas fan but have yet to listen to one of her books!

message 45: by Samantha (new)

Jonetta wrote: "I'm a huge Kleypas fan but have yet to listen to one of her books!"

What? They are so good on audio too.

message 46: by Ezinwanyi (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 562 comments Samantha wrote: "Jonetta wrote: "I'm a huge Kleypas fan but have yet to listen to one of her books!"

What? They are so good on audio too."

I've listened to almost all of the ones on audio (there is one left that I already bought for March). There are some of her earlier work which are not on audio.

message 47: by Samantha (last edited Feb 27, 2017 10:58AM) (new)

I plan to go back to them soon. I've only listened to the historicals. The contemporary reads, I read via print.

message 48: by Jonetta (new)

I read most before I started seriously listening to audiobooks. I have her new series on audio, though.

message 49: by Samantha (new)

I can't wait to listen to the new series.

message 50: by Ezinwanyi (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 562 comments I just bought Devil in Spring (The Ravenels, #3) by Lisa Kleypas

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.