New Adult Book Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived- Challenges > 2017 Monthly Challenge - February

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dee (last edited Feb 06, 2017 01:30AM) (new)

Dee | 851 comments This reading challenge will start on February 1, 2017 and end on February 28, 2017. The theme this month is Love with a twist. Books used for this challenge MUST be read during this time frame. Everyone that gets full points for this month’s challenge will go into the draw to win a surprise ebook along with the February and March Monthly Challenge winners. All books must be New Adult (NA) and a minimum of 120 pages. Please include each book cover in the post, the date it was read and how many stars you award the book

Valentine’s Day is this month so let’s talk LOVE. However it is all about book elements and not about the theme this time, also helping with the other challenges. The categories include:
- Read a book with a cover you LOVE
- Read a book with a character’s name you LOVE
- Read a book from an author you LOVE
- Read a book with a title you LOVE
- Read a book that one of the moderators LOVE

RULES:
- Use the categories above to choose books for this month’s challenge.
- You will receive 1 point for each book you read for this challenge (no maximum). There are no bonus points for this month. 7 books = 7 points etc
- All books MUST be NA and a minimum of 120 pages.
- Create ONE post below to keep track of your progress and edit your post throughout the month. Please include the book covers of books completed in your post, the date it was read and the star rating you give it.
- This month write one sentence for each book chosen as to why you LOVE that book for that reason.

message 2: by Dee (new)

Dee | 851 comments This is my list :)

- Read a book with a cover you LOVE

message 3: by valeria (last edited Feb 28, 2017 12:01PM) (new)

valeria | 51 comments - Read a book with a cover you LOVE
Yours Always 2/9 3.5*
Untangle Me 2/27 3*
Third Time's a Charm 2/17 4*
Stubborn Love 2/8 2*
Nicola’s Favourite
Grayson's Vow 2/16 4*

Yours Always by Rhonda R. Dennis Untangle Me (Love at Last, #1) by Chelle Bliss Third Time's a Charm (Holland Springs, #3) by Marquita Valentine Stubborn Love (I Love You, #2) by Natalie Ward Grayson's Vow by Mia Sheridan

message 4: by Allison (last edited Feb 23, 2017 05:54AM) (new)

Allison Brunskill | 38 comments I'm in

- Read a book with a cover you LOVE Tragic 2\3 3*
- Read a book with a character’s name you LOVE (Avalon)Royal Savage 2\2 4*
- Read a book from an author you LOVE (Elle Kennedy) One Night of Scandal 2\9 4*
- Read a book with a title you LOVE The Virgin Romance Novelist 2\23 3*
- Read a book that one of the moderators LOVE (Derna) Collared 2\9 5*

Royal Savage (Savage & Ink, #1) by Victoria Ashley Tragic (Rook and Ronin, #1) by J.A. Huss Collared by Nicole Williams One Night of Scandal (After Hours, #2) by Elle Kennedy The Virgin Romance Novelist by Meghan Quinn

message 5: by Mercedes (last edited Mar 01, 2017 06:21PM) (new)

Mercedes | 257 comments I didn't do January, hopefully I'll be able to complete February :)

- Read a book with a cover you LOVE - Spinning Out Read 2/9-2/12 ★★★1/2
I love this one for shallow reasons, it's hot! lol. I do like the way the font was done, slightly transparent and the minty color of the author/series name.
- Read a book with a character’s name you LOVE - Throne of Truth Read 2/24-2/28 ★★★1/2
Penn Everett, I liked his name when I first picked up book 1 and was curious to see if it was short for something, which it's not. I enjoy that an author chose the name Penn, and a pen is a traditional writing utensil.
- Read a book from an author you LOVE - Penelope Douglas Read 2/5-2/7 ★★★★
I love Penelope Douglas! I read Bully a few years back and really enjoyed it, I've since read Corrupt and Punk57. I'm just now catching up on the Fall Away Series
- Read a book with a title you LOVE - Royal Scandal Read 2/7-2/8 ★★★1/2
This title is intriguing, it's why I first wanted the book. Who doesn't love a bit of a scandal with some royalty thrown in!
- Read a book that one of the moderators LOVE - Up in the Treehouse Read 2/14-2/17 ★★★★
Dee & Derna
Spinning Out (The Blackhawk Boys, #1) by Lexi Ryan Throne of Truth (Truth and Lies Duet, #2) by Pepper Winters Until You (Fall Away, #1.5) by Penelope Douglas Royal Scandal (Royals in Exile, #1) by Marquita Valentine Up in the Treehouse by K.K. Allen

message 6: by Jessica (last edited Feb 27, 2017 02:39PM) (new)

Jessica (millzz) | 7 comments - Read a book with a cover you LOVE Stalk Me Pink is my favorite color, however this was definatly not a favorite story of mine (1*) 2/23
- Read a book with a character’s name you LOVE That Boy Jayden is such a pretty and unique name (4*) 2/22
- Read a book from an author you LOVE Finding Cinderella Colleen is one of my favorite authors but his was not one of my favorites from her (3*) 2/25
- Read a book with a title you LOVE Pucked I love the title of the book, however I'm disappointed the story did not exceed my expectations (2*) 2/16
- Read a book that one of the moderators LOVE Never Never One of Dee's favorites, which I loved as well (5*) 2/26

Pucked (Pucked, #1) by Helena Hunting That Boy (That Boy, #1) by Jillian Dodd Stalk Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #1) by Jillian Dodd Finding Cinderella (Hopeless, #2.5) by Colleen Hoover Never Never (Never Never, #1) by Colleen Hoover

message 7: by Krissy (last edited Feb 28, 2017 09:04PM) (new)

Krissy | 71 comments ❤ Total: 8 books

-Read a book with a cover you LOVE
Up in the Treehouse 2/21 (4*)
This cover is beautiful & different. It tells me that this story might be about childhood crushes/sweethearts...which I enjoy reading!
- Read a book with a character’s name you LOVE- Tristan
Bad Things 2/17 (4*)
I love the name Tristan. It's a combination of sweet & sexy and Tristan in Bad Things was definitely both...he was sexysweet!
The Fire Between High & Lo 2/14 (4*)
Brittainy C. Cherry is one of my favorite authors. Even though I don't always give her books a 5*...her writing is beautiful. Her stories are an emotional experience.
The Silent Waters 2/26 (5*)
Another Brittainy C. Cherry book that is beautifully written. She makes you fall in love...breaks your heart...then mends it.
Until Friday Night 2/4 (4*)
Abbi Glines: I have read over 20 books written by Abbi Glines...so I am a fan. I'm on the fence with this book. I think the line between YA/NA is getting blurred. The characters are in HS but are dealing with serious issues and have to take on adult responsibilities. Or, if a character turns 18 in HS. Abbi Glines has several books that fall into this category.
F*ck Love- 2/12 (4*)
This title is hilarious...I love it! The book was pretty crazy and funny too.
Derna's list : Full Tilt- 2/8 (5*)
I chose this book from the list because of the synopsis and so happy I did because this book was beautiful.
Derna's list: Kick, Push 2/28 (4*)
I wanted to read this book because it's about a single dad. This was a very sad book...hopefully book #2 brings happy tears.
Up in the Treehouse by K.K. Allen Bad Things (Tristan & Danika, #1) by R.K. Lilley The Fire Between High & Lo (Elements, #2) by Brittainy C. Cherry The Silent Waters (Elements, #3) by Brittainy C. Cherry Until Friday Night (The Field Party, #1) by Abbi Glines F*ck Love by Tarryn Fisher Full Tilt (Full Tilt, #1) by Emma Scott Kick, Push (Kick Push, #1) by Jay McLean

message 8: by Lulu (last edited Feb 28, 2017 01:19PM) (new)

Lulu (lulufritz) | 785 comments - Read a book with a cover you LOVE
Connected byKim Karr*** on 2/6 - Character name: River Wilde
Connected (Connections, #1) by Kim Karr
Sweet Home by Tillie Cole **** on 2/23
Sweet Home (Sweet Home, #1) by Tillie Cole
Making Faces by Amy Harmon **** on 2/28
Making Faces by Amy Harmon

message 9: by Sashoy (last edited Feb 27, 2017 07:03PM) (new)

Sashoy (sashwilson) | 55 comments - Read a book with a cover you LOVE
Truth or Beard by Penny Reid / Finished Feb 27/17 (4stars)
Truth or Beard (Winston Brothers, #1) by Penny Reid
Savor You by Emily Snow /Finished Feb 11/17 (2.5*stars)
Savor You (Savor Us, #1) by Emily Snow
Man Candy by Melanie Harlow
Man Candy by Melanie Harlow

message 10: by Christykq (last edited Feb 20, 2017 05:28AM) (new)

Christykq | 44 comments - Read a book with a cover you LOVE:
Lucca by Sarah Brianne, 4 stars, read 2/7/17
Lucca (Made Men, #4) by Sarah Brianne
- Read a book with a character’s name you LOVE:
Managed by Kristen Callihan, 4 stars, read 2/8/17
Managed (VIP, #2) by Kristen Callihan
- Read a book from an author you LOVE:
Good Boy by Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy, 4 stars, read 2/9/17
Good Boy (WAGs, #1) by Sarina Bowen
- Read a book with a title you LOVE:
Sweet Soul by Tillie Cole, 5 stars, read 2/18/17
Sweet Soul (Sweet Home, #4; Carillo Boys, #3) by Tillie Cole
Sweet Home by Tillie Cole, 4 stars, read 2/10/17
Sweet Home (Sweet Home, #1) by Tillie Cole

message 11: by sisa (last edited Feb 21, 2017 12:54AM) (new)

sisa (sisa_) | 82 comments L O V E

Cover: Royal Scandal (Royals in Exile, #1) by Marquita Valentine 02/09**
Didn't enjoy this much but I love everything about the cover: the colors, those amazing legs (that I wish I have) and the little crown hanging from her heels

Character’s name: Blood Vow (Black Dagger Legacy, #2) by J.R. Ward 02/04*** Full Package by Lauren Blakely 02/13***
Axwelle sounds so manly! Also, Lizabitte and her nickname Bitty is cute.
Chase coz I imagined Dr. Chase from House M.D.

Author: Rhythm, Chord & Malykhin by Mariana Zapata 2/15****
Mariana Zapata's books are like lollipops. Sweet from beginning to end.

Title: Blurred Lines (Love Unexpectedly, #1) by Lauren Layne 2/18***
I always think of the song when I read the title. It's so sexy.

Moderator: Nicola Paper Princess (The Royals, #1) by Erin Watt 02/19*** Broken Prince (The Royals, #2) by Erin Watt 02/19*** Twisted Palace (The Royals, #3) by Erin Watt 02/19****

message 12: by Jacky (new)

Jacky (spotonculture) | 13 comments Ok, I need a challenge now to read more books... So here's what I plan to read (I'll add the cover etc. after reading):
- Read a book with a cover you LOVE - Dear Life (Quinn)
- Read a book with a character’s name you LOVE - Nowhere but here (McGarry)
- Read a book from an author you LOVE - Wait for you (Armentrout/ Lynn)
- Read a book with a title you LOVE - Up in the Treehouse (Allen)
- Read a book that one of the moderators LOVE - F*ck Love (Fisher)

message 13: by Kat J (last edited Feb 19, 2017 07:36AM) (new)

Kat J (katjphoenix) | 378 comments - Read a book with a cover you LOVE
Lila 19 Feb 4*

Up For Grabs 8 Feb - 4*

Stone in Love 6 Feb - 4*

Up For Grabs by Heather Young-Nichols Stone in Love by Morgan Rider Lila (Boyle Heights #1) by Elizabeth Reyes

message 14: by Hanne (last edited Feb 28, 2017 04:03PM) (new)

Hanne | 758 comments 13 points

1. Infini (Aerial Ethereal, #2) by Krista Ritchie ***** 08/02 -- I LOVE the title of this book, because some love is infinite. Also Infini is a circus and I'm really loving the circus world the authors have created.

2. All I Want (Alabama Summer, #2) by J. Daniels **** 10/02 -- I understand why LeAnn loves this book (moderator LOVE).

3. The Cad and the Co-Ed (Rugby, #3) by L.H. Cosway ***** 14/02 -- I LOVE the cover, because it looks like the covers of the other books in the series and the cover makes perfect sense if you have read The Hooker and the Hermit.

4. Pivotal Moments (In Time, #1) by Trinity Hanrahan **** 16/02 -- I LOVE the cover, just because he holds her.

5. When I Fall (Alabama Summer, #3) by J. Daniels ***** 18/02 -- I LOVE the author. I only have to read one more book by her and then I have read them all. Also a few books by her are on my favorite shelf (When I Fall is on that shelf).

6. Forfeiting Decency (Breaking Habits, #2) by Rachel Schneider (NA on Amazon) ***** 21/02 -- I absolutely LOVE the cover. If someone asks me what my favorite cover ever is, I would think about this cover! So beautiful!

7. Where We Belong (Alabama Summer, #3.5) by J. Daniels ***** 21/02 -- I totally understand why LeAnn also loves this book (moderator LOVE)

8. Strain of Defiance by Michelle Bryan ***** 22/02 -- I LOVE this cover , because it's how I picture Luke looks like.

9. Fake Fiancée by Ilsa Madden-Mills ***** 24/02 -- I LOVE the title, because I love it when a relationship starts fake and then they fall hard and fast for each ohter.

10. Womanizer (Manwhore, #4) by Katy Evans ***** 25/02 -- I LOVE the character's name Olivia. It's normal and beautiful. I always gave my first daughter that name in the computer game 'The Sims' (no kidding).

11. Kiss the Boys (Lost Girls #2) by Chris Myers **** 27/02 -- I LOVE the cover, because the man looks like a bad boy and I definitely love a bad boy. Also you really see the angel and angels are important in the story.

12. Whiskey & Honey (Country Road #1) by Andrea Johnston ***** 27/02 -- I LOVE the character's name Piper Lawrence. The first name reminds of Piper Halliwell of the tv show Charmed and I absolutely loved that show. The last name reminds me of Jennifer Lawrence and she's an amazing actress.

13. Dirty (Dive Bar, #1) by Kylie Scott ***** 28/02 -- I LOVE the author, because she wrote one of the best rock star series ever.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.