Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > disambiguation

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Claire (last edited Feb 01, 2017 01:21AM) (new)

Claire Corbett | 25 comments Hi Goodreads Librarians
My Publisher, Allen & Unwin, has put up a giveaway for my new novel, Watch Over Me. This needs disambiguation as a GR librarian has put up a note saying there are several authors on GR called Claire Corbett. It might make things easier to clarify that I am the ONLY NOVELIST called Claire Corbett. My other novel is When We Have Wings. If you could add Watch Over Me to my author page I'd be very grateful. Just to make clear, the other Claire Corbett is an academic who writes NON-FICTION about CAR CRIME. She does not write novels and neither of us are Clare Corbett (note different spelling - I note on GR database that the actress is incorrectly listed as Claire Corbett but her name is actually CLARE Corbett) who is an actress who narrates audiobooks. This is the actress here - she does not write: http://ccthelowdown.blogspot.com.au/2...
Many thanks. Claire Corbett the novelist

☕ Lachgas ♿  (lachgas) | 6177 comments Added to your profile.
You have the two space profile.
Spaces are used here for disambiguation.

message 3: by Claire (new)

Claire Corbett | 25 comments Thank you! Can you tell me what you mean by two space profile?

thanks
Claire

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42032 comments Mod
Because we have more than one author named Claire Corbett, you are Claire-2space-Corbett. The extra space between your first and last names only shows up on book edit pages and your profile edit page, but it tells the system which books are yours. When adding a book manually, be sure to include the extra space, and the book will go where it belongs. If you forget (or a book record is imported), post a new thread in this group and any librarian can fix it for you.