What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > childrens book with crocodiles and hummingbirds

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by philomela (new)

philomela (procnesflight) | 1 comments i can hardly remember anything abiut this book :(((
-childrens book / read it in the elementary school library
-setting was in bayou
-there was a mean old man who hunted
-he shot a hummingbird at one point and i CLEARY remember him not bothering to look for the body bc if he shot it its remains would be too small to see & if he missed then it would have flown away
- there is an ancient crocodile/alligator that is reaaaalllllllyyyy old and im p sure it(she?) ate some of her siblings/children
- there might at some point be some dogs chained upunder the old mans porch but i might be combining books together
- there were also children in this book, i have no idea what they did
- the hummingbird was a metaphor for life or smth?????? idk. it was a metaphor for something
-the pov also switched. somtimes the man talked about shotting hummingbirds and sometimes it was the croc talking about cannibalism and sometimes it was the hummingbird talking about other stuff
-it was NOT a fantasy book, there were aspects of fantasy in it but that wasnt the primary genre

message 3: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cheryde) I found a children's book titled "Alligator Mouth and Hummingbird Tail, " by Nicky Pressnell, but it is out of print and cannot find a description of the book, but maybe if it rings a bell.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38242 comments Mod
Philomela, are you still looking for this or did you find it?