Resistance Book Club discussion

Book Suggestions

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tanya (new)

Tanya (journalpride) | 15 comments Mod
We probably left lots of books off the list. Any other definitive titles a Resistance Book Club should read?

message 2: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca R | 4 comments Only slightly related, but the group description could potentially link to the resistance reading list so we don't have to toggle between facebook and this group to access information?

message 3: by Tanya (new)

I moved all the book's from Ross's Google Doc to the Bookshelf for this page. The bookshelf should be open for editing by anyone, so feel free to add to it!

Rebecca wrote: "Only slightly related, but the group description could potentially link to the resistance reading list so we don't have to toggle between facebook and this group to access information?"

message 4: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca R | 4 comments Thanks for the tip. I just joined goodreads for this group, but I'll figure it out. Sorry for being dense.

message 5: by Tara Leederman (new)

Tara Leederman | 1 comments I am currently reading Michael Eric Dyson's _Tears We Cannot Stop: A Sermon to White America_ for Black History Month, if anyone would like to join me thematically in that endeavor. He speaks at length about white privilege, and especially Donald Trump as a manifestation of that privilege.

message 6: by Ross (new)

Ross | 12 comments Mod
Tara Leederman wrote: "I am currently reading Michael Eric Dyson's _Tears We Cannot Stop: A Sermon to White America_ for Black History Month, if anyone would like to join me thematically in that endeavor. He speaks at le..."

Thanks that's a great one! I added it to the shelf.

message 7: by Jesse (new)

Jesse | 1 comments Stupid question, I almost exclusively use Goodreads via the mobile app. I can't seem to see any said "group shelves". Is there a way to see them on mobile?

message 8: by Tanya (new)

Jesse wrote: "Stupid question, I almost exclusively use Goodreads via the mobile app. I can't seem to see any said "group shelves". Is there a way to see them on mobile?"

I don't think that there is a way to see the whole group bookshelf in the app. It will show you the currently reading book when the poll closes.

message 9: by Mc (new)

Mc | 1 comments I'm also on the app, I'll try to log in elsewhere if I can, but another suggestion for books is "feminist fight club".

message 10: by Tanya (new)

Mc wrote: "I'm also on the app, I'll try to log in elsewhere if I can, but another suggestion for books is "feminist fight club"."

Great suggestion! I will add it to the bookshelf.