Kingdom of Kortana discussion

♕Welcome♕ > ♔Questions & Suggestions♔

Comments Showing 1-50 of 69 (69 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Bray (last edited Feb 01, 2017 12:53AM) (new)

Bray  Knox (brayknox) ♔Hello♔

Should anyone have any questions regarding.. well, just about anything in the group, this is the place to ask. A mod will answer as soon as possible, just be patient because we have lives too!

message 2: by emma (new)

emma (theonlytanman) Is there a Character Workshop thread? I'm currently working on a character, but I can't get done with him right now. c:

message 3: by Ahana~ , Queen A of Emblems ♔ (new)

Ahana~  (kingahana) | 53 comments Mod
I will make one then! :D

message 4: by Ahana~ , Queen A of Emblems ♔ (new)

Ahana~  (kingahana) | 53 comments Mod
Made one!

message 5: by Bray (new)

Bray  Knox (brayknox) sure!

message 6: by Bray (new)

Bray  Knox (brayknox) just as long as you give the needed info

『ᴡɪᴄᴋʟɪɴɢ ᴛʀᴀsʜ ● ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ』 (wickling) | 9 comments
Phenotypes of the royal family?

How young would be the youngest prince/age range for him?

message 8: by Bray (new)

Bray  Knox (brayknox) Well I believe someone made the youngest Princess 10 so, around there. And the Queen is a Mind while the King is a Matter.

FRICK.

Okay.

Can I also make a relative of the royals?

message 10: by Bray (new)

Bray  Knox (brayknox) Oh the spot is still open, I said Rpincess, so he can be fairly young when you make him, but I wouldn't go above 15, it doesn't matter. And yes you can, just claim it under the Royal Family thread.

"keep in mind they have set abilities"

So what is the power for the youngest prince, if the claims have pre-assigned abilities?

message 13: by Bray (new)

Bray  Knox (brayknox) it should be beside him, but I believe he is a Mind

message 15: by Bray (new)

Bray  Knox (brayknox) no problem ^.^

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

It doesn't really matter how old the prince is- I made the princess really young for specific reasons but yours can be way older if you want.

message 17: by juno. (new)

juno. (junosummers) | 28 comments If a noble were to have a(n illegitimate) child with a peasant, would the child be a relatively weak Emblem or a relatively strong Symbol or...?

message 18: by juno. (new)

juno. (junosummers) | 28 comments Also, I have a small suggestion; perhaps you could make some characters from the royal family to claim, such as the King or Queen's siblings? Right now I see that you've opened up cousins from the royal family, but I don't know which side (the King or Queen's) they're from, and it's a little confusing. ^^"

message 19: by Bray (new)

Bray  Knox (brayknox) I believe it could either way, if they were an Emblem it would be weak and if it were a Symbol it would be strong.

And we had positions open but they went very fast. And we left what side/ relation up to you. When it came to relatives we didn't want to be restrictive. So you can come up with whatever side and relation you want, as long as you claim it under the Royal family thread and then you will be good to make that character.

Hope this helps :D

message 20: by Dark Angel (new)

Dark Angel Question... (it will probably be the first of many)

Can you explain the powers to me a bit more? I read through them, but my brain is scrambled today, so I'm not understanding anything. What you mean is, could you just explain exactly what the abilities are in a way that might unscramble my pathetic brain, because it's mush right now? I think I need it dumbed down... ::looks at the floor, ashamed:: Okay, so, what exactly can people do with these powers? What could the strongest person do with these powers, compared to the weakest?

Also what sort of place is this? I mean, is it based on a particular time era? Do the people here have a religion? Are the symbols ever used as slaves? Or servants?

message 21: by Bray (new)

Bray  Knox (brayknox) Hey, I just saw this, busy day ^.^

So when it comes to powers the strength can vary. Symbols powers aren't as manipulative to man kind as the Emblems. Emblems can basically read and infiltrate minds if they have the mind mark. If they have the matter mark they can change any physical object. If they have the motion mark they can move any physical object. The strength of these varies, so those who are stong can really truly read minds and change matter and move it easier, usually allowing larger objects. Weaker would be medium sized objects and weaker mind powers.

When it come to symbols they cant easily manipulate humans, so they are peasants because they are weaker, and yes can be used as servants. Songs/Singers can manipulate things with their voices. Swifts have increased agility, while Sights have enhanced sights. The strength of these also varies.

Everyone is born with ONE of 6 abilities. The mark on their wrist defines it.

The era is medieval but those with more money have some electricity and running water, for it is on the cusp of full invention.

I really hope this helps :)

message 22: by juno. (new)

juno. (junosummers) | 28 comments Yep! Tbh I suggested that just so I could see what's been claimed since I'm seeing that in the thread people can ask for characters and stuff but they're not being put onto a list or something so I have to check what's been done and what's not individually...? And also it's likely that for each side there are multiple siblings (e.g. King's brother has 3 children, Queen's sister has 4 or something like that) so I just wanted to know who I should talk to for a family collab. I hope I sort of make sense...? ^^"

message 23: by Bray (new)

Bray  Knox (brayknox) Just head on over to the collab thread and you can ask for a collab and someone will hopefullly take you up on it ^.^

message 24: by lorien (new)

lorien | 616 comments Hello! This is more so a technical question. How were you able to have the gifs, in the group home, line up next to each other? Thank you!

message 25: by juno. (last edited Feb 04, 2017 07:31AM) (new)

juno. (junosummers) | 28 comments
Not a mod (hope you don't mind me answering!), but if you mean making the gifs the same height (and probably width) on the same row, you just have to add how many pixels wide you want it to be. So the code you'd use would be (without the . ):

<.img src="linkforimage" width=###px height=###px>

the linkforimage should be something like https://somethingsomething.gif or something like that, and the ### is just the number of how wide/tall (width/height) you want it to be. You can adjust this accordingly; just experiment!

If you know for sure that the gifs are the same size, but they just need to be smaller to fit, you can just add the "width=###px" part, fix it, and you're good to go!

message 26: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 04, 2017 10:26AM) (new)

Yeah, JUNO practically said it.

*[image error][image error][image error][image error]*

The size of the gif has to be small to fit in the group's description but any size you prefer in the character creation. Not too big, not too small!

message 27: by lorien (new)

lorien | 616 comments Thanks guys! Do I also type in the px after I type in the width and height?

message 28: by Bray (new)

Bray  Knox (brayknox) I did mine 100x159 fit this group

message 29: by Bray (new)

Bray  Knox (brayknox) 150*

message 30: by Bray (new)

Bray  Knox (brayknox) Nope!

message 31: by lorien (new)

lorien | 616 comments Can our characters Roleplay in multiple threads at once?

message 32: by Bray (new)

Bray  Knox (brayknox) of course!

message 33: by lorien (new)

lorien | 616 comments Thank you!

message 34: by lorien (last edited Feb 06, 2017 08:16AM) (new)

lorien | 616 comments Hehe. You guys should make a character chat. *nod nod*

message 35: by lorien (new)

lorien | 616 comments Maybe add a Share Your Group thread?

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh an advertisement group

message 37: by Bray (new)

Bray  Knox (brayknox) there is a chacter self talk thread under the character folder ^.^

message 38: by Dionne (last edited Feb 08, 2017 02:26PM) (new)

Dionne | 73 comments Hm decisions decisions. Where can Maud go to find presents for her parents and siblings? Markets or Grand Market? Can't make up my mind here.

She's not going for food or anything like that though. Just something...er pretty.

message 39: by Dionne (new)

Dionne | 73 comments I was just wandering, whatever happened to Juno? One moment we were rping and the next nothing for a few days. Did something happen or something?

message 40: by juno. (new)

juno. (junosummers) | 28 comments Hi, lol, sorry! I had a reply typed up and everything but Goodreads ate it and I haven't had a chance to write it again.

message 41: by Dionne (new)

Dionne | 73 comments Ouch! I've had that before but on Yahoo..er Yahell. lol It's a pain because when that happens the next one is never right because you've forgotten something you wanted to say that you said in the first one.

I feel ya.

message 42: by Dark Angel (new)

Dark Angel May I make Lady Lucia's chambers? :)

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes you can!

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Jazmine wrote: "question: can nobles or royals be friends with symbols?"

It's not very common, but they can. If they do not believe in the kings rules.

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Its ok, they can still be friends. It's your roleplay after all

message 46: by Dark Angel (new)

Dark Angel I want to make Lucia's chambers, but I can't figure out how to do those little picture/symbol things that are in the titles of the discussions...would it be better if someone else made them instead?

message 47: by Dark Angel (new)

Dark Angel Skye wrote: "What do you mean these: ♔Lucia's chambers♔"

Yes! :)

message 48: by Dark Angel (new)

Dark Angel It won't let me make a new topic, I tried. It says I have to verify my e-mail but I already tried to do that once. That's a long story. Anyway, can someone make the discussion for me? :) I just spent ages writing this description for Lucia's chambers and now I can't make the topic...

Okay, here's the description.
(view spoiler)

message 49: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Brown (guardianwolfkim) Aww bummer I can't read it from my phone since the pictures make the words cut off.

message 50: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Brown (guardianwolfkim) It's okay, not your fault, i wish goodreads would fix their app. ^_^

« previous 1