YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Marked in Flesh (The Others, #4)
This topic is about Marked in Flesh
BUDDY READ:Paranormal/Fantasy > Marked in Flesh (The Others #4) by Anne Bishop - Starting February 2nd 2017

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 82694 comments Mod
For centuries, the Others and humans have lived side by side in uneasy peace. But when humankind oversteps its bounds, the Others will have to decide how much humanity they’re willing to tolerate—both within themselves and within their community...

Since the Others allied themselves with the cassandra sangue, the fragile yet powerful human blood prophets who were being exploited by their own kind, the delicate dynamic between humans and Others changed. Some, like Simon Wolfgard, wolf shifter and leader of the Lakeside Courtyard, and blood prophet Meg Corbyn, see the new, closer companionship as beneficial—both personally and practically.

But not everyone is convinced. A group of radical humans is seeking to usurp land through a series of violent attacks on the Others. What they don’t realize is that there are older and more dangerous forces than shifters and vampires protecting the land that belongs to the Others—and those forces are willing to do whatever is necessary to protect what is theirs…

Berit☀️✨ (berittalksbooks) | 4264 comments I have the knockout drag down flu, but I am on chapter 18(view spoiler)

Berit☀️✨ (berittalksbooks) | 4264 comments Chapter 24 (view spoiler)

message 4: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (last edited Feb 03, 2017 04:59AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22624 comments Mod
Berit☀️✨ wrote: "I have the knockout drag down flu, but I am on chapter 18[spoilers removed]"

I'm sorry to hear that you are sick Berit! Get better soon! :)

(view spoiler)

I'm still on Murder of Crows btw but I read these not long ago so I'm remember what happened generally. The books don't count for the challenge for me so I'm just reading for fun and can't devote as much time to them as I'd like. :(

Berit☀️✨ (berittalksbooks) | 4264 comments Thank you, well the good thing is I was awake most of the night and I'm listening on audio so I've just finished, and it will work, these books are tagged romance, and Sarah said as long as it had 2 Romance tags it would qualify....
It also has a writing above 4.0:-)
(view spoiler)

Berit☀️✨ wrote: "Thank you, well the good thing is I was awake most of the night and I'm listening on audio so I've just finished, and it will work, these books are tagged romance, and Sarah said as long as it had ..."

It won't count for me specifically because I read these only a few months ago so it's a re-read for me. But thanks. :)

(view spoiler)

Berit☀️✨ (berittalksbooks) | 4264 comments Oh, that's right, I never reread, so I forgot about that rule :-)

I re-read a lot so I always have to be careful. :)

Sharon Mariampillai | 9730 comments Sorry, I am reading this book right now. Got caught up with school stuff.

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments Berit☀️✨ wrote: "I have the knockout drag down flu, but I am on chapter 18[spoilers removed]"

Hope you are feeling better Berit. Sorry I forgot to bookmark this thread. I was wondering why no one had started lol I have to agree with you about the Humans Berit.

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments Berit☀️✨ wrote: "Thank you, well the good thing is I was awake most of the night and I'm listening on audio so I've just finished, and it will work, these books are tagged romance, and Sarah said as long as it had ..."

(view spoiler)

message 12: by Gillian (last edited Feb 04, 2017 03:15PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments 1/4ish The immaturity of Visions in Silver has eased of a lot in this book which is great. (view spoiler)

Berit☀️✨ (berittalksbooks) | 4264 comments Definitely, but the last book was Visions in Silver , LOL but I get it I kept forgetting the name of this book :-) we will all need to read the fifth book together in March :-)

Sharon Mariampillai | 9730 comments Chapter 1: (view spoiler)

Sharon Mariampillai | 9730 comments Berit☀️✨ wrote: "Definitely, but the last book was Visions in Silver , LOL but I get it I kept forgetting the name of this book :-) we will all need to read the fifth book together in March :-)"

I'm in for reading the fifth book together

Sharon Mariampillai | 9730 comments Chapter 16: (view spoiler)

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments I have the next book on pre-order 7th of march is the audible release date.

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments Berit☀️✨ wrote: "Definitely, but the last book was Visions in Silver , LOL but I get it I kept forgetting the name of this book :-) we will all need to read the fifth book together in March :-)"

lol so many books i get the names mixed up I will correct that thanks for pointing it out Berit.

Sharon Mariampillai | 9730 comments I should get audibles for the fifth book then

Sharon Mariampillai | 9730 comments Berit☀️✨ wrote: "Chapter 24 [spoilers removed]"

It was amusing. I am loving this book.

Sharon Mariampillai | 9730 comments Berit☀️✨ wrote: "I have the knockout drag down flu, but I am on chapter 18[spoilers removed]"

I really love Hope!

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments Finished Talk about putting a chill in your bones (view spoiler)

Berit☀️✨ (berittalksbooks) | 4264 comments Definitely makes you think...

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments Berit☀️✨ wrote: "Definitely makes you think..."

It sure does. You come away from this book wanting to be a better person.

Sharon Mariampillai | 9730 comments Gillian wrote: "Berit☀️✨ wrote: "Definitely makes you think..."

It sure does. You come away from this book wanting to be a better person."

I agree with you guys.

Wolf (Alpha) | 2391 comments Chapter 19: (view spoiler)

Wolf (Alpha) | 2391 comments Chapter 30: (view spoiler)

Wolf (Alpha) | 2391 comments Chapter 40: (view spoiler)

Wolf (Alpha) | 2391 comments Done: (view spoiler)