Careless Readers discussion

What's your escape?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Winter (new)

Winter Waldo (Winterwaldo) | 14 comments Mod
Here we can discuss what types of books we like to read. You can put your favorite author(s), genres, or favorite book(s). This will give an idea of what book we all want to read monthly! :)

message 2: by Joanna (new)

Joanna Clevenger (clevengerjo) | 1 comments I love fantasy, horror, and sci-fi. I also love autobiographies. Honestly I love to read anything and am open to anything. As a matter of fact on top of school readings I am also reading 2 novels by Neil Gaiman. Before that I read Julie and Julia by Julie Powell. Like I said, anything works.

message 3: by Winter (new)

Okay, I need to branch out on my science fiction and fantasy. The only ones I love right now are Neil Gaiman and Octavia E. Butler. I would also like some requests on autobiographies. If you have any suggestions, you may add it in the bookshelf so we can all take a look. I'll add some too.

message 4: by Jen (new)

Jen Brown | 1 comments Hi, I'm Jen I just joined. I like to read any genre, it depends on my mood but I can get by with pretty much anything. The genres I don't pick up that often are probably sci-fy and horror, but I'd give them a try from time to time. Currently I'm reading my second book by Neil Gaiman, so I guess we all agree on this author ;) Shiane, if you'd like an autobiography recommendation here's mine: Lion I just finished reading it a few days ago, before I get to see the movie, and it is really fantastic.

message 5: by Winter (new)

Hi Jen! Thanks for joining. I'm going to add Lion to my own list.

message 6: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Elliott (tiffanykelliott) | 7 comments Mmmmm.... I like a wide variety. No straight romance or erotica for me, but mostly anything else, as long as it isn't too violent. :) I read a lot of older books, scifi, some high fantasy, YA, historical fiction (I LOVE historical fic), mystery, thriller, biography... Right now, I'm rereading some Orson Scott Card on my kindle and thinking about buying more kindle books, since I've reread all the contemporary lit on their at least five times now.

message 7: by Winter (new)

I've been rereading a lot of books too since I got my kindle!

message 8: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Elliott (tiffanykelliott) | 7 comments The problem is the PRICE... I have this personal philosophy: I don't believe in paying full price for anything. Especially bits of data on a device I already paid so much money for.

message 9: by Winter (new)

I know. I see $1.99 and I glow. The deals daily is a plus too.