What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Young woman lives with Aunt and female cousin. Historical romance. [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (goodreadecomalley) | 10 comments I believe the young woman is living with her aunt and cousin. Her aunt took her in. I don't really remember much! I remember that a distant cousin was to take over the family title, because there wasn't a male heir. The female cousin is young and pretty. She wants to marry him. I think her name might of been Cassie or Cassandra. They went to a ball and Cassie got a gentleman to make a scene. I do remember that at the wedding of hero and heroine, that the young cousin was accompanied by a gentleman that calmed her... I really hope this makes sense! I've been looking for it for a couple of days now! Any help would be greatly appreciate! Thank you!

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37385 comments Mod
When did you read it? Remember the cover? Author male or female? Series or standalone?

message 3: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 325 comments This sounds familiar. Do you remember the aunt telling her niece she wasn't allowed to wear nice dresses or latest hairstyle like her cousin because she didn't want her to be outshined? Like the aunt's daughter took priority in getting a husband?

message 4: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (goodreadecomalley) | 10 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "When did you read it? Remember the cover? Author male or female? Series or standalone?"

It's only been about a year since I read it. I found it a couple of years ago and usually re-read it. I thought I kept in a file on my flash drive. The only thing is that it's still only avaible in paperback, but I received a file to read it on my Kindle app. It's frustrating because I went threw this the las time and I thought, for sure, that I had added to my book shelve. I think that the heir's name was either Edward or Edmund. Thank you for responding!

message 5: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (goodreadecomalley) | 10 comments Brittany wrote: "This sounds familiar. Do you remember the aunt telling her niece she wasn't allowed to wear nice dresses or latest hairstyle like her cousin because she didn't want her to be outshined? Like the au..."
I don't remember if the Aunt was that way or if the cousin was naturally that way. She wanted what was best for her younger cousin. Another thing I remember is that she wore glasses but didn't actually need them. I hope that it's the same book! I hope that may help add some more to it! Thank you!

message 6: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (goodreadecomalley) | 10 comments I found it!!! It's Talk of the Ton Anthology! I feel like such a dork. I think the only reason I forget about this one is because I only like the one story by Jacqueline Navin! Thank you for the help in jogging my memory!

message 7: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 325 comments Talk of the Ton for the click.
Glad you found it!

message 8: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (goodreadecomalley) | 10 comments Thank you! Me too