S P A C E ; advanced discussion

characters « > » staff

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by kaya (new)

kaya (ananats) | 225 comments Mod
post staff here for approval.

message 2: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 06, 2017 09:34PM) (new)

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬A S A I[ #794368 ]T S U B A S A▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬ ғᴇᴍᴀʟᴇ28ʜᴇᴛᴇʀᴏsᴇxᴜᴀʟᴡᴀʀ ᴛᴇᴀᴄʜᴇʀᴛᴀᴏ ᴏᴋᴀᴍᴏᴛᴏ ▬▬▬

Asai Tsubasa is a realist. A pessimist? No. And believe it or not, there is a difference. Once, she dreamed. But she has learned, the hard way, that even when your dreams take flight, there is a chance that they will come crashing down to earth again. That even when you have the skill, you have the passion, everything — that, even then, you are still human, and you are not invincible.

She still dares to dream, sometimes. She puts her faith in the future, which is why she returned to the International Space Academy to teach. She believes in them, but she also knows better — that not all of them are going to get what they want. And even if they do, who's to guarantee that it's theirs to keep?

So she educates — she teaches them about the things that have happened in the past, a tool for the future and also a warning: do not take this for granted.

The girl with everything. That was Asai Tsubasa. Come from one of the wealthiest families in all Japan and a prodigy among her peers, Tsubasa made the cut for the first battalion in her second year at the International Space Academy. What she lacked in height and build she made up for in speed and agility, and she was ranked first in her class for sharpshooters with near-pinpoint accuracy. There was, of course, a catch, which is that her kind of innate talent does not come without arrogance.

She may not have been liked by her classmates back then, but as far as she was concerned, she didn't need to; why would she care when she was a better fighter than them anyway? Besides, she was going to get out of there and into the work force, and she was going to fight her way to the top out there.

And then she became a paraplegic.

It was never part of the plan. Of course it wasn't — no one fucking plans on becoming paralyzed from the waist down. But their ship to earth had been intercepted, and though she was one of only a few to survive the crash, it had not been without cost. Of course, she could have continued on as a cyborg — but that was virtually worthless, seeing as the connections to the mechanical appendages only function when the nerves are intact enough. But no, the doctors said. Too much damage to the nervous system already, the doctors said. It would only make it worse.

So after a year of rehabilitation — both physically and mentally — she took to the sky again. Or, rather, space. She never wanted to return to the school, never planned on it. But then again, if she's learned anything in her life, it's that things don't always go according to plan.

message 3: by kaya (new)

ASAI TSUBASA is approved

message 4: by kaya (new)

LEILA PAK is approved

message 5: by dyanne (last edited Feb 06, 2017 09:55PM) (new)

dyanne | 69 comments

C A L E B [ 100767 ] L E E
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
ʜᴀᴊᴏᴏɴ ━━━━ tᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-sᴇᴠᴇɴ · cᴏʟʟɪɴs ʜᴇᴀᴅ ᴛᴇᴀᴄʜᴇʀ

Caleb Lee is a real genius. And he knows it.

He has always been The One━ the top student, the top pilot, the top child without having to try. Caleb Lee is quite a celebrity. And he knows it. You hear it in his carefree (careless) laugh, a laugh that knows that it always gets what it wants. Yet in spite of his otherworldly talent, or perhaps, because of it, Caleb will never be the hero. Sure, he can play the part. But Caleb does not discover life-sustaining planets and start philanthropic organizations and quit the Best Job in the Literal Fucking Universe out of some loving, tender-hearted compassion. No. Caleb is here because he's not fond of letting people down. What's a man without a name, you ask? Why, not a man at all.

It's not like Caleb doesn't care━ he does. But he doesn't care about you, he cares what you think about him. He's learned over the years that life is easier lived through the lenses of indifference. That's Caleb's job: to laugh easily and often. To look his students in the eye and tell them he believes in them. To over-fulfill and over-perform. But don't mistake his friendliness for kindness. He's just doing his job, that's all.

ᴡɪsʜɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴏᴅsᴘᴇᴇᴅ, ɢʟᴏʀʏ ━ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴍᴏᴜɴᴛᴀɪɴs ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴍᴏᴠᴇ

ʟᴇᴇ ᴊɪɴᴋɪ ━━━━━━━ mᴀʟᴇ ━━━ hᴇᴛᴇʀᴏsᴇxᴜᴀʟ

Life isn't a contest, but if it were, Caleb would win. You see, some people were born to be extraordinary. Caleb is one of them.

Caleb, who has always only ever been ambitious because he can be, because it has never been a matter of I will try but simply I will. In the beginning, Caleb's success stemmed from his obedience. I want you to become the top student, his mother said, so he did. I want you to apply for INSA, his father said, so he did. It's hard to say when the line blurred━ the one that separated his morality with his filial piety. Even when his own personal ambitions developed, they were always conceived by a nebula of expectation.

When Caleb graduated from INSA six days after his sixteenth birthday, his father told him that he was the bearer of a legacy of glory and Caleb became drunk on pride. When Caleb sobered up, the burden of the words remained. Who knows if Caleb is truly doing the Right Thing. But at this point, it's too late to question if an entire lifetime of effort has been wasted on a corrupted cause or a bad cause or perhaps no cause at all. After all, Caleb's role has always been the enabler, not the initiator.

Which is why, after 10 years, after breaking all the records, after discovering some 397 life-sustaining planets, Caleb is back at school. Because one day his father gave him a call asking him if he could please come back now that his father was part of the board committee?

And without hesitation, Caleb replied: I will.
· ] ᴍᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ━━━ lᴇᴇ ᴇᴜɴ-ʏᴏᴜɴɢ ━━ aʟɪᴠᴇ
· ] ꜰᴀᴛʜᴇʀ ━━━ jᴏɴᴀᴛʜᴀɴ ʟᴇᴇ ━━ aʟɪᴠᴇ
· ] sɪsᴛᴇʀ ━━━ mᴇʟɪɴᴀ ʟᴇᴇ ━━ aʟɪᴠᴇ

message 6: by kaya (new)

CALEB LEE is approved

message 7: by Ema (last edited Feb 15, 2017 10:43AM) (new)

Ema (gee-fiera)
description
L U C I U SdescriptionA N T O N I OdescriptionH A R P E R

O N E >> S T A T S >> i'm everything you've wanted

T H I R T Y - T W O years old
A U G U S TdescriptionT W E N T Y - F I F T H date of birth
B I S E X U A L sexuality
M A L E gender
8 5 4 9 3 7 staff number
N U R S E position

S A V I O R song

description description

T W O >> P H Y S I C A L >> surrender your love

B L A C K hair
H A Z E L eyes
5 ‘ 4 height
F R A N KdescriptionI E R O face claim

description

T H R E E >> D E S C R I P T I O N >> it’s time to redefine your deophobic mind

You really should try not to piss Lucius off. If you think he’s angry normally - and it’s very likely you do - you will think he’s furious when he’s just angry. Lucius isn’t really angry all the time, he just seems that way. He has issues expressing feelings (thanks Dad), so he uses anger to show how much he cares. If that makes sense. Really, Lucius cares a lot about others - the students and other staff at INSA, his wife Layne.... He just doesn’t know how to properly express it. He’s also very passionate about the students (and other staff) stay safe. Lucius is the type of person to shout at people when they get hurt doing stupid things (you will not believe the crap the Sun kids get up to). And then he proceeds to patch them up and send them away with strict orders to not do that ever again. They never listen.

As the second-youngest of five (yes five) children, Lucius was rather overlooked as a child. His twin, Lucille, was both the youngest and the only girl of the family, making her stand out a little bit more among the rest of the Harper children. The Harper family was made up of pilots, from Lucius’s grandmother Henley to his parents to his oldest brother. And over time, his other siblings became interested in the profession as well. Except for Lucius. Not for lack of his parents trying, of course. They told him the flying was more profitable (debatable, he thinks now), that it was freeing. Lucius argued that nursing helped save lives, and that was enough for him. He went to med school, against the wishes of his family, got his certification, and landed this job at INSA shortly after. It was at the school that he met Layne. She’s the construction teacher at INSA, and while she’s a little scatterbrained, Lucius couldn’t help but think she was perfect. They dated for a while, and got married a little over a year ago. So far, it’s going well.

R O S A L I N AdescriptionH A R P E R mother
A L E X A N D R I U SdescriptionH A R P E R father
O R I O NdescriptionH A R P E R brother, 48
M A R K U SdescriptionH A R P E R brother, 44
D A N I E LdescriptionH A R P E R brother, 36
L U C I L L EdescriptionH A R P E R sister, 32
L A Y N EdescriptionH A R P E R wife, age, played by fiend
O P E N friend

message 8: by kaya (new)

LUCIUS ANTONIO HARPER is approved

message 9: by kaya (new)

SOLOMON MELES ISKINDER
× sᴏʟ to his friends | sᴏʟᴏᴍᴏɴ to others

twenty-eight ; male, gay
003801 ; stephenson, teacher ( head )
abél tesfaye

PERSONA ; Lover of duct tape and pretty boys; chaos and genius personified; gentle, magnificent, wild, careful. Everywhere he goes, haphazard construction follows. Solomon is a cyclone, a whirlwind, drowning out memories with forbidden interactions and roughly-sketched plans. Small details, careful words, short glances and quiet answers: these are the mark of someone who does not talk about what he went through.
HISTORY ; Solomon Meles Iskinder exists purely because of his ancestor's bravery. His great-grandfather was born the year that history students affectionately refer to as 'the year humanity failed at and died in', and his [the great-grandfather's] parents were amongst those brave enough to venture to America the following year.
    If they hadn't, his great-grandfather never would have been able to go to Harvard, would never have met his great-grandmother, they would never have had a child. And if that child hadn't been brought up by two Harvard graduates, he would never have gotten into an Ivy League university, never failed his bachelor degree, never met Solomon's grandmother. And thus Meles would never have been born, never met Ayana, never brought up Solomon the way he did.
    Solomon was always a nerd. He grew up in a house full of computers, workshop tools and complicated designs, held up partially by ingenuity and partially by the very large stack of milk crates sitting underneath the sagging floor.
    His childhood may not have been rich, full of trips to places like Dreamworld or Disneyland, and houses with half-decent floors, but that never stopped Solomon. From the day INSA was founded, four-year-old Solomon wanted nothing more than to go there. He spent every day at school trying to learn more about it, how he could get in.
    He left school in year 10, when he was fifteen, and applied to join INSA. His grades had been near-perfect for the past eleven years, and he was already studying for a Bachelor of Mathematics in his spare time ( look, he comes from a family of nerds, okay? ). Naturally, he was accepted.
    INSA was, unsurprisingly, the best five and a half years of his life. Then, of course, because the world dislikes good things, everything went wrong. Whilst he and his friend were testing a particularly complex project, one of the pipes that kept air pressure regular inside the testing room cracked, destroying the room and damaging the room next to it — where he and his friend were standing. His friend died, and Solomon was left to pick up the pieces of his life.
    He graduated at twenty-three, and although most in his situation would have failed or dropped out, he managed to attain Dux — at the cost of his mental health. For the next three years, Solomon drifted between odd jobs, psychologist visits and hospital beds, scars appearing on his arms every few weeks.
    Then INSA contacted him, offered him a job as the head teacher of his old sector. He accepted, after much persuasion from his parents, and if he's being perfectly honest, it saved his life. He had something to work for.
    Of course, it helps that there's this really pretty guy...
relations
    [ father ] × meles iskinder dula ; alive
        × 53, engineer ( earth )
    [ mother ] × ayana emanuel lire ; alive
        × 55, lawyer ( earth )

message 10: by Ema (new)

Ema (gee-fiera)
description
L U I SdescriptionA R T U RdescriptionB E L M O N T

O N E >> S T A T S >> this is where we make a stand

F O R T Y - O N E years old
J A N U A R YdescriptionF I F T E E N T H date of birth
P A N S E X U A L sexuality
M A L E gender
9 4 7 2 9 9- staff number
V I S U A LdescriptionA R T SdescriptionT E A C H E R position

D E A DdescriptionM A N song

description description

T W O >> P H Y S I C A L >> now death will breathe you in

B R O W N - B L O N D hair
B R O W N eyes
6 ‘ 2 height
N I K O L A JdescriptionC O S T E R - W A L D A U face claim

description

T H R E E >> D E S C R I P T I O N >> sitting here at my graveside, i've never felt so alive

Luis is probably the most scatterbrained teacher you will ever find. He almost never has lessons planned, his classroom is an artistic mess, and he often shows up late. And yet, students tend to like him. Probably because he lets them draw (or paint, or sculpt, or whatever) what they want, as long as it fits basic requirements (size and technique, generally). And maybe also because he encourages the kids who aren’t as easily artistic to find other ways to express what they want artistically. Luis teaches art as a calming experience, designing his classroom and lessons around the idea of getting rid of stress and negative emotions - he’s a bit of a hippy at times. With friends, Luis is a dork. That’s really the only descriptor that works. He looks a lot tougher than he really is, and though he’s completely fine with it, he is easily embarrassed.

Luis was raised an only child in an average home. His childhood was boring, marked only by the quality of child’s art hung on the refrigerator. Art was Luis’s life, even as a child. He was always drawing or painting, from stick figures and finger paints to the art projects he did in high school that were too big to hand on the fridge. Luis’s mother encouraged him, told him that art was powerful and beautiful. His father wasn’t too fond of Luis’s penchant for art, but accepted that his son wouldn’t be the football star he wanted. Luis went to art school at eighteen, adding a teaching component to his education early on. He loved art, and he liked kids; teaching kids art seemed pretty much perfect to him. He was a good teacher too, though scatterbrained and messy. He graduated right on track and went into teaching art at a high school near where he’d grown up. He loved it, he really did. The call from INSA was a surprise. As far as Luis knew, he hadn’t done anything in particular to get noticed by them. But when they offered him a job, he couldn’t say no. So here he is, teaching art. In space.

D I A N EdescriptionB E L M O N T mother
P I E R R EdescriptionB E L M O N T father
O P E N lover
O P E N friend

message 11: by kaya (new)

LUIS ARTUR BELMONT is approved