Real Christian discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived Devotionals > February 2017

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aerykah (last edited Feb 03, 2017 06:45PM) (new)

Aerykah | 3571 comments Can y'all believe it's February already?!
When I realized that Wednesday would be the first day of February, I figured I had better get the new Devotionals thread posted! ;)

Unfortunately, I still haven't gotten any new volunteers for devotionals so the "schedule" is sparse-- and by "sparse", I mean that there are only 2 people currently on there. :/
I am still contacting people in the hopes of getting some more volunteers, though, so perhaps we'll have more on there soon.
If you're interested in volunteering for Devotionals, please message me and let me know!

This is all I have for now...
- Sunday: Lee
- Monday: Rita Faye
- Tuesday: C. Read
- Wednesday: ______
- Thursday: Arniegamilong
- Friday: ______
- Saturday: ______

I'm waiting to hear from a couple of people so I may be adding to this list...
And if you messaged me about volunteering and I didn't get you on the list..... I apologize profusely! I had a list at some point that I planned to add to as need be, but I've misplaced it somewhere so... if you're supposed to be on the list & you're not-- please, please message me & let me know! :)

message 2: by Lee (new)

Lee (lee-lette) | 871 comments This devotion is by Arniegamilong (It belongs in this thread)

Praise the Lord for this challenge and reminders. It is always our prayer "that we all walk in the Light of Jesus always"

I would like to share one of my Devotionals about Prayer:

Mark 1:35-37;
"And in the morning,rising up a great while before day, he went out, and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed.
And Simon and they that were with him followed after him.
And when they had found him, they said unto him, All men seek for thee."

I read that the tense of the verb "prayed" in this passage indicates a continued action, not just a brief moment.
Our Lord Jesus' prayer life was successful because:
1. It was Planned... rising up a great while before day.
2. It was Private... went out, into a solitary place.
3. It was Prolonged... there prayed...when they had found him,they said unto him, All men seek for thee.

He got up early enough...got away far enough...and stayed at it long enough!
He prayed before starting His public ministry...He prayed while doing His ministry...and He prayed after completing His mission!

When our Lord Jesus Christ Himself give so much emphasis on Prayer, how much more we who are His ordinary servants.
I read a quote from Jonathan Edwards 30 years ago that as my Dear Friend C. always say is as relevant today:
"The one concern of the devil is to keep the saints from prayer. He fears nothing from prayerless studies, prayerless work, prayerless religion. He laughs at our toil, mocks at our wisdom, but trembles when we PRAY."

Real Christians, let's pray for each other. We need each others' prayer. Our loved ones need our prayers. Our Friends need our prayers. Even our "enemies" (not the devil) need our prayers.

As Andrew Bonar said:
"O brother pray; in spite of satan, pray; spend hours in prayer; rather neglect friends than not pray; rather fast,and lost breakfast...dinner...and supper...and sleep too- than not pray. And we must not just talk about prayer... we must PRAY."

Beloved, let us pray...
May we remain strong in the Lord and in the power of His might!
Blessings!

message 3: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 04, 2017 05:51AM) (new)

Last night I prayed that God would help me with my devotion for Monday, I woke up before daylight knowing what to share but with the need to do it now.
I posted the following on Talk thread on January 25th because I wanted to share it but didn't know where to put it, now I know that if I had waited a few days, it belonged here.

Last night I had a dream, it seemed very real to me. I was driving up a mountain full of S curves (living in Appalachian mountains that happens a lot) as I got to the top there was a very steep curve to the left, on the right was the mountain and in front of me was a guard rail with a very deep drop off. There was a car in front of me and one behind, just as I came upon the curve I realized that I needed to slow down, I take my foot off the gas pedal to put it on the brake but my foot slips off the brake because of my slick bottom shoes. I glance down at my foot and miss the curve, the car goes between the mountainside and the guard rail and I going flying into nothing. I panic and grip the steering wheel tightly thinking I'm going to die very painfully. I ask God to help me get through this and a calm feeling comes over me. I relax my grip and start to notice my surroundings realizing that what I see will be the last things I see. The car is falling toward the valley below but the car is level, not pitching forward as one would expect. The sun is shining brightly and the sky is a vivid blue with a few white fluffy clouds, the valley below is a lush green, it is a beautiful peaceful summer day. I feel like I am soaring as I look over the countryside. Everything goes black, I am in a totally dark void, but I'm not afraid. I wonder now what? Suddenly I land onto a soft surface on my back with a plop and I hear a swish around my head. I thank God then I open my eyes and see my bedroom ceiling. I am lying on my bed on my back. If you had asked me then what happened I would have told you that God took me out of the car and dropped me onto my bed. It was as real to me as anything else that has ever happened to me. After a few minutes, I realize that the covers are over me and my husband is asleep beside me. It was a dream, I know that, but I felt God's presence as I fell back to sleep.
Last Sunday this dream was still fresh in my mind when I went to church, the Pastor read the following verses:
John chapter 11 Lazarus is dead and Jesus has just arrived
v22 (Martha to Jesus)"But even now I know that whatever you ask from God, God will give you."
v32 Now when Mary came to where Jesus was and saw him she fell at his feet, saying to him, "Lord, if you had been her, my brother would not have died."
The Pastor then asked, "Do you have 'even now' faith like Martha and Mary?" Do we have faith in God when circumstances are the worst? The Bible is full of examples: the lives of Abraham, Issac, Joseph, the Books of Daniel, Job, Esther, Ruth to name a few, all had 'even now' faith. (not part of sermon -Jesus faced His "even now' moments in the temptation and crucifixion, He is Lord and knew what had to happen but He faced these events for the first time as a human. Can you image how hard it was for Him knowing how He would die? In His agony He sweated blood but He remained faithful to His Father and to His friendship with us. The strength it took to take those last steps could only come from God.)
v39 Jesus said "Take away the stone." Martha, the sister of the dead man said to him, "Lord by this time there will be an odor, for he has been dead four days.
Martha almost let her world view get in the way of her 'even now' faith.
I had experienced 'even now' faith with illness and death of family members as I know many of you have quite recently done but I had often wondered if I would have that faith when faced with the death of my husband and children or my own death. The dream I had and the sermon told me yes I have that faith and I pray that I do. I pray that I don't let my world views get in the way of my 'even now' faith.
My dream also showed me that during times of deep trouble that we need to look around us and take in God's creations, they can be a source of comfort and joy when we need it most.
May we all face our 'even now' moments with faith in Jesus and may He give us His strength to walk through those times.

message 4: by Lee (new)

Lee (lee-lette) | 871 comments John 16: 13- 33

13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

16 A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me, because I go to the Father.

17 Then said some of his disciples among themselves, What is this that he saith unto us, A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me: and, Because I go to the Father?

18 They said therefore, What is this that he saith, A little while? we cannot tell what he saith.

19 Now Jesus knew that they were desirous to ask him, and said unto them, Do ye enquire among yourselves of that I said, A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me?

20 Verily, verily, I say unto you, That ye shall weep and lament, but the world shall rejoice: and ye shall be sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy.

21 A woman when she is in travail hath sorrow, because her hour is come: but as soon as she is delivered of the child, she remembereth no more the anguish, for joy that a man is born into the world.

22 And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you.

23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.

24 Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.

25 These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father.

26 At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you:

27 For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

28 I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.

29 His disciples said unto him, Lo, now speakest thou plainly, and speakest no proverb.

30 Now are we sure that thou knowest all things, and needest not that any man should ask thee: by this we believe that thou camest forth from God.

31 Jesus answered them, Do ye now believe?

32 Behold, the hour cometh, yea, is now come, that ye shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave me alone: and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me.

33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Monday's Devotion
Matthew 13:3-9 "A sower went out to sow. And as he sowed, some seeds fell along the path, and the birds came and devoured them. Other seeds fell on the rocky ground, where they did not have much soil and immediately they sprang up, since they had no depth of soil, but when the sun rose they were scorched. And since they had no root, they withered away. Other seeds fell among thorns, and the thorns grew up and choked them. Other seeds fell on good soil and produced grain, some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty. He who has ears, let him hear."

My father was an abusive alcoholic and my parents divorced when I was 4. I didn't see my father often because of his alcoholism. My father had tried what treatment programs that were available but in the mid seventies the programs often hurt more than they helped. The last time I saw him, he was sober and trying to make it work. He left the state with a friend to find work, six months later he was stabbed and killed accidentally by that friend who was having an epileptic convulsion, they had both been drinking. It upset me to think that my father died without being saved until about 4 years ago I heard that he had accepted Jesus during a revival at the church where my maternal grandfather preached. I asked my mother and she said that it happened, that my grandfather wasn't there that night but he didn't believe it was real. I don't know which seed in the parable belongs to my Dad. Did he get caught up in the moment? Did his salvation get strangled by thorns? Was his salvation lasting and in a moment of weakness and temptation, his life was taken? I won't know till I get to heaven. My father was surrounded by people that were as lost as he was, I sometimes wonder how different it would have been if my grandfather had saw past his hurt and mistrust and had been there to help my father. I told this story to say, be careful of how you treat those close to you that have newly accepted Christ. I know that it is hard to forget the times they have let you down before and you don't want to open yourself to pain again, but be careful that you are not the bird or the thorns to the seed that has been planted. Pray for the fertile soil in that soul and be the water that helps the seed to take root. Don't put yourself in harms way but introduce the person to someone who is trained to counsel them and let the new convert know that you support them and believe in their conversion. Sometimes having someone you care about say "I believe in you" is all it takes to keep you from giving in to the dark thoughts and temptations.

message 6: by C. (last edited Feb 06, 2017 09:04PM) (new)

C. Read (truelight) | 301 comments Rita Faye wrote: "I posted the following on Talk thread on January 25th because I wanted to share it but didn't know where to put it, now I know that if I had waited a few days, it belonged here.

Last night I had a dream, it seemed very real to me. I was driving up a mountain ..."

6 February 2017

Hi Rita Faye,

You had a very interesting dream. I know that dreams can be a product of what we allow into our mind--through music, movies, what we read, what we look upon, and what we listen to. And depending on the nature of what we have allowed in, it can be very vexing or comforting to our souls.

I also believe that God can give us dreams to prepare us, warn us, or inform us about things He wants us to know about. I also know that we have an enemy that tries to counterfeit what God does in order to mislead God’s people. Which is why it so important to be led of the Holy Spirit so He can lead and guide us into the truth.

You perked my interest, and I want to share a few verses that refer to specific dreams from the Scriptures. For time sake I won't add any commentary, but I found the topic of dreams to be very fascinating.

Jacob:
Genesis 28:12 “And he dreamed, and behold a ladder set up on the earth, and the top of it reached to heaven: and behold the angels of God ascending and descending on it.”

Joseph:
Genesis 37:5 “And Joseph dreamed a dream, and he told it his brethren: and they hated him yet the more.”

King Saul:
1 Samuel 28:6 “And when Saul enquired of the LORD, the LORD answered him not, neither by dreams, nor by Urim, nor by prophets.”

King Solomon:
1 Kings 3:5 “In Gibeon the LORD appeared to Solomon in a dream by night: and God said, Ask what I shall give thee.”

Joseph, Mary’s husband:
Matthew 1:20 “But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.”

What I take from your dream is that we can experience some distressing and even terrifying moments in this life, but in the end, for those who truly trust in Christ, we will have a wonderful landing. And we can rest in the fact that our Lord God will be with us all the way to the end. Praise God!

I am sorry to hear about your father. I didn’t know my father either. My parents were divorced when I was young, and I only had contact with him soon before he died. He, too, was an alcoholic… However, the Lord led me write a beautiful poem in relation to my final encounter with my earthly father, but strangely it really had nothing to do with him. I truly hope these words will be a blessing to you too.

My Real Father

I have truly enjoyed the conversations we’ve had of late,

And I Am so thankful You are nothing like I assumed was Your fate.

Those assumptions were based on dissimulation,

I know the truth now and have accurate information.

That is truly all that really matters, You see,

Because You are just like the real Father I’d want You to be.

I have always had fond memories of You in my heart,

And I’ve longed for a relationship

When we are together and not apart.

I Am so very thankful and I must confess,

That I have truly been so wonderfully blessed,

With others to stand in and take Your place,

Until the great Day that we meet again, face to face!

I Am so sorry for the pain that You have been through,

And the sense of loss that I am sure has been there, too.

It’s hard to think that due to death

We are finally going to meet,

But I can even be thankful in the face of seeming defeat.

I truly trust and believe all that has taken place,

Was in Your mighty plan that You hoped we’d embrace.

And due to the great knowledge and my genuine faith,

Death is the beginning if we believe what the Prophet sayeth:

Repent and believe for the day is at hand,

And it’s time for God’s people to make a stand!

God truly desires to give and to share,

His glorious kingdom with those He holds dear.

I hope you will be spared from the wrath that is to come;

And there is only one way, through Jesus Christ, His Son!

For unto us a child was born.

And They have called His name Emmanuel.

The mighty counselor! The Prince of Peace! The almighty God!

Who is Jesus my LORD, my Savior, my Redeemer, and my Friend.

And He’s given Himself for all those that call upon Him.

Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, and might,

Be unto Him that sitteth upon the throne,

And unto the Lamb, forever and ever. Amen!

2 January 1994
C. Read...

To All my Real Christian friends: God bless and keep you and your loved ones—always!

With the love of Christ,
C. Read

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

C. wrote: "Rita Faye wrote: "I posted the following on Talk thread on January 25th because I wanted to share it but didn't know where to put it, now I know that if I had waited a few days, it belonged here.

..."

C Thank you for your kind words and the Bible verses. I have felt on and off for about a year now that the Lord is preparing me for "difficult times", and l think that my dream is part of that preparation. Your comments about the dream just confirmed that for me.
I am sorry that our history with our fathers is similar. Your poem went straight to my heart, sank deep and immediately took root there. I went through a period of time when I was angry that I didn't have a father like everybody else did until one day, I realized that My Heavenly Father is there for me in every way that I miss having an earthly father.
Would you mind if I copied your poem to put in my Bible?

message 8: by C. (new)

C. Read (truelight) | 301 comments 7 February 2017

Hi Rita Faye,

I would be honored for you to have a copy of my poem "My Real Father," in your Bible. :) I have included a link to it if you would like to print it out. (It's a color copy.) And if you would prefer that I send you a copy, just let me know.

http://www.truelightministries.us/Poe...

God bless you honey!

With the love of Christ,
C.

message 9: by C. (new)

C. Read (truelight) | 301 comments The Gift

Tuesday Devotional ~ 7 February 2107 / 12 Sh'vat 5777

I would like to share what the Lord has put on my heart with whomsoever would like to read this message. For those of us who are followers of Jesus Christ, I pray that the coming year will bring many lost souls into God’s Kingdom by your efforts, and mine!

We have to be very attentive to the voice of the Lord. He still speaks, but most people are not able to hear Him because they don't believe He can speak to them; or they are so busy with the cares of this life; or something, or someone, is more important to them than God and His holy word.

For all who name the name of Christ, we must strive to obey God’s word from our hearts! Sometimes with all the pressures and responsibilities of this life, we can neglect the very thing that we desperately need, and that is God’s Word being central to everything that we say and do! But in order for that to happen we have to open the Book and read and study it.

There is so much to distract us, but we have to be determined to not allow anything to get in the way of worshiping God in Spirit and in Truth. As Christians, His holy word is vital to our lives, and I pray that we will remain faithful and resolute to fulfill our mission for Christ!

Please consider these very convicting words from the brother of our Lord!

James 1:22- 27 “But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:

For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.

But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.

Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.”

We must stand against the evils of the age, and stand up for the cause of Christ, as we are led by His Holy Spirit! There are too many lukewarm Christians and “soft” preachers and teachers who are just sin enablers; and their sermons or Bible study lessons are not causing people to see their great need to repent of their sin, and seek to live a holy lifestyle.

The enemy of our soul greatly desires to lead us away from God and into the darkness, but please don't let him! I encourage you to look to the Lord for everything! You may not have a lot of help from others, physically or “spiritually” speaking, including from those in your own household, but God knows everything you are going through, and He will be our help!

God wants to abundantly bless His people, but He is not pleased if we are guilt of mixing the ways of the world in with the things of God! May this be the season that men and fathers awake up out of their sleep so they can be the Godly leaders God intended for them to be!

Please consider this poem, entitled "The Gift," that God allowed me to write many years ago. As you read those words may they spur you on to be even more committed to the glorious One who gave us the free gift of eternal life, the most wonderful prize of all!

With the love of Christ,
C. Read

Here’s a link to my poem entitled "The Gift." If you would like a printed copy, please just let me know.
http://www.truelightministries.us/Poe...

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

C. wrote: "7 February 2017

Hi Rita Faye,

I would be honored for you to have a copy of my poem "My Real Father," in your Bible. :) I have included a link to it if you would like to print it out. (It's a colo..."

Thank you

message 11: by C. (new)

C. Read (truelight) | 301 comments Your welcome!

message 12: by Nathan (new)

Nathan Bush | 51 comments C. wrote: "The Gift

I would like to share what the Lord has put on my heart with whomsoever would like to read this message. For those of us who are fo..."

This was a great devotional C. Thanks so much for listening to the Lord and being obedient. Praying for you and your family, my sister, as well as all Real Christian members.

Nathan

message 13: by Arniegamilong (new)

Arniegamilong | 196 comments C. wrote: "The Gift

I would like to share what the Lord has put on my heart with whomsoever would like to read this message. For those of us who are fo..."

Thank you so much for this Devotional my Dear Friend C. I still have "The Gift" in a frame at the wall of my room. To God be the glory!

message 14: by Arniegamilong (new)

Arniegamilong | 196 comments Devotional for today, Thursday:

"The Crucified Christian"

Galatians 2:20-
"I am crucified with; nevertheless I live: yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me."

When I baptized a young man last January 28, I remembered a story about a man who did not want his right hand to be submerged into the water because he still wanted to punch somebody with that hand...
There are Christians who claimed they are in Christ, but cannot show just a little hint of change in their lives when 2 Corinthians 5:17 says that,
"If any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold all things are become new."
This change can only be seen if we are willing to crucify everything about our "old man" and nail it to the cross for our Lord Jesus Christ! There are areas of our lives that we need to crucify as followers of our Lord and Savior, and I would like to share three of them which I believe most important:

1. The Crucified Heart:
Our hearts should be crucified because out of it are the issues of life. Our human heart is very deceitful - Jeremiah 17:9
"The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?"

Only the Lord God sees our hearts, and He even knows the deceitful heart of the devil - Isaiah 14:12-13,
"How thou art fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how thou art cut down to the ground,which dist weaken the nations!
For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:"
If we do not crucify our hearts, it will lead us to be proud that will lead us to disobey our Lord that will lead us to do things that do not glorify Him that will lead us to our own sorrow and destruction, which is the ultimate goal of our enemy the devil. Real Christians, we should have a crucified heart for the Lord.

2. The Crucified Mind;
Romans 12:2,
"And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect will of God."
Philippians 2:5,
"Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:"

If we are not careful to focus our minds on the Lord Jesus Christ, it can become the devil's workshop! Eve was tempted when she entertained the serpent and eventually, after reasoning with him, she thought her decision is for their own good: "to become like gods, knowing good and evil" (Genesis 3:5) only to find out that she made the worst of decisions, by disobeying God's command.
Dear Real Christians, let us focus our thoughts on "things that are true...honest...just...pure...lovely...of good report...any virtue...any praise." (Philippians 4:8)! Things that is acceptable to the Lord and glorify His name! Our minds should be crucified for Christ!

3. The Crucified Tongue:
James 3:5-10,
"Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold,how great a matter a little fire kindleth!
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.
For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind:
But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.
Therewith bless we God,even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.
Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be."

I believe this passage needs no further explanations as it clearly teaches how important our words are! Some said, that it is "the other side of the coin", but if we really are in Christ, the other side of the coin- the sinful side should have been crucified with Christ! May "the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer." (Psalm 19:14)
What can i say more? ... Crucified hands...feet...eyes...and so on!
Real Christians, if we are not willing to crucify ourselves in Christ Jesus here on earth, we cannot be glorified with Him in heaven! So, "I beseech you therefore brethren, by the mercies of God that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice,holy,acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service" while it is still not too late. The coming of our Lord is at hand. May we will be found "walking in the True Light" when that time comes.

Please always be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might!
To God be the glory!
Blessings to all Real Christians! :)

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank you Arnie for this devotion, I needed to hear it. I have been struggling with my wayward tongue and gossip within and about family members. It usually starts out as updates from my mom on what family members are doing and turns into gossiping about them. It isn't mean spirited and usually the only other person I talked to about it was my daughter so I told myself it wasn't gossip but deep down I knew that I was trying to justify it. Yesterday I couldn't ignore it anymore more and asked God to help me with my wayward tongue. Last night I gave in to temptation and sent my daughter a text sharing news about a family member, that wasn't mine to share, only the text went to that family member. I was confronted with what I had done. I was guilt ridden and humiliated, as I should be, and deserved to be. I worked it out with that person but I won't soon forget that experience. It amazed me how quickly God worked to answer my prayer in this area and in a way that will stay with me for a long time.
I plan to pray Psalm 141:3 "Set a guard over my mouth, Lord keep watch over the door of my lips." every morning and think about yesterday's experience as I pray the verse. I know that I cannot tame my tongue on my own but God has shown me that he can and Will do just that in very public ways.

message 16: by C. (new)

C. Read (truelight) | 301 comments Arniegamilong wrote: "Thank you so much for this Devotional my Dear Friend C. I still have "The Gift" in a frame at the wall of my room. To God be the glory! "

You are very welcome!

I appreciate your very convicting words Pastor Arnie. There are times that I really wish I could take back things I have said. It is truly never my intention to say or do something that would be hurtful or incorrect, and I am just thankful that God convicts me of my error, whether it be through His Word, by His Spirit, and by His servants. And I am also very thankful for God's forgiveness and the forgiveness of others. It is truly only through God continually working in us that we can have a clean/pure heart.

2 Corinthians 10:3-5 "For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)

Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;"

I pray that God will continue to show me anything that displeases Him. I greatly desire to have a heart that is pleasing to Him, and I know that sometimes, I let the business of this life keep me from being a "doer of the word." I am just glad that God knows my heart, and the following passage is a reflection of how I truly feel about Almighty God and His dear Son.

Galatians 6:14-16 "But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by Whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.

And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God."

Thank you so much for sharing! Take care my dear brother! God bless and keep you and your loved ones--always!

With the love of Christ,
C.

message 17: by C. (new)

C. Read (truelight) | 301 comments Rita Faye wrote: "Thank you Arnie for this devotion, I needed to hear it. I have been struggling with my wayward tongue and gossip within and about family members. It usually starts out as updates from my mom on wha..."

God bless you for your honesty! I see that you have a very sweet heart!

message 18: by C. (new)

C. Read (truelight) | 301 comments Nathan wrote: "Praying for you and your family, my sister, as well as all Real Christian members."

Thank you my dear brother! I appreciate you and your prayers! And you, too, are in my prayers! God bless!

C.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

C. wrote: "Rita Faye wrote: "Thank you Arnie for this devotion, I needed to hear it. I have been struggling with my wayward tongue and gossip within and about family members. It usually starts out as updates ..."

Thanks C, I haven't felt very sweet today but that is how it should be if I'm going to learn to change. You are a great friend and I am sending you a hug across the distance.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Monday's Devotion
Parts of this devotion come from notes in my Bible that came from a Bible study, unfortunately I don't remember what study or exactly what parts of my notes are from the study. I don't think anyone will mind if I use their words for this devotion. May God Bless whoever you are.

Matthew 24:40-42 Then two men will be in the field; one will be taken and one left. Two women will be grinding at the mill; one will be taken and one left. Therefore, stay awake, for you do not know on what day your Lord is coming.

I think every Christian has heard these verses and know that the ones taken are those with faith in God, but do we really live out that faith? Living out faith requires living with a heart for God in each moment of our ordinary lives. Each day our routines are packed with decisions that require us to choose: fear or trust, hope or cynicism, love or selfishness, humility or pride, the world or God. How many of us are that devoted to God that we turn to Him with each decision, and in each moment of our lives. Some of us are so busy with our lives that we don't take time for God while others are trying so hard to find their divine gift and purpose that they forget to live each moment for Him.
Genesis 1:15 The LORD God took the man and put him in the garden of Eden to work it and keep it.
God put Adam in the Garden of Eden to work it, that was Adam's purpose, to live an ordinary life while worshiping God. Adam didn't separate the two, to him work was part of worship because he did it for God. We must remember to put God at the center of everything we do. We don't know the hour of Christ's return. Do you want Him to come during the part of your day that doesn't contain God? In Matthew, the day was like any other, there was no warning. They were taken. In your life, where will God be on that day? Sitting with your Bible by your bedside? At Church? In your purse or briefcase? Or will you be carrying Him in your heart and mind in that moment of your life?

message 21: by Lee (new)

Lee (lee-lette) | 871 comments Thank you for sharing Rita. For me, this devotion couldn't have come at a better time. Thanks again, and continue to trust in Him.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

If these world problems continue to escalate, could the timing be any better? I think the world could use a helping hand right now. What form that could come in though, I have not the faintest idea.

message 23: by C. (new)

C. Read (truelight) | 301 comments Thank you Rita Faye, for your message. I am reminded of a very relevant passage when the Lord returns for His people.

Mark 13:21 "And then if any man shall say to you, Lo, here is Christ; or, lo, he is there; believe him not:

Mark 13:22 For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.

Mark 13:23 But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.

Mark 13:24 But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light,

Mark 13:25 And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken.

Mark 13:26 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.

Mark 13:27 And then shall He send His angels, and shall gather together His elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.

Mark 13:28 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When her branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is near:

Mark 13:29 So ye in like manner, when ye shall see these things come to pass, know that it is nigh, even at the doors.

Mark 13:30 Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.

Mark 13:31 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but My words shall not pass away.

Mark 13:32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

Mark 13:33 Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.

Mark 13:34 For the Son of man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch.

Mark 13:35 Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning:

Mark 13:36 Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping.

Mark 13:37 And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch."

I would say that warning is one all of us need to take heed to.

Take care, and God bless!
C. Read

message 24: by C. (new)

C. Read (truelight) | 301 comments TRUE LOVE FOR GOD

Devotional for Tuesday ~ 14 February 2017 / 19 Sh'vat 5777

Some men say, “There is no justification for Christians to be deceived.” They claim if a Christian is deceived, it’s because “they want to be.” And that God’s people cannot be deceived if they “truly love God and seek His Truth from the Word of God, trusting in the Holy Spirit to guide them.”

I don’t believe any of those lies, and this is why: It was because of my genuine love for God, that I was a target of the enemy. I was deceived by those who claimed to serve Christ, and it was not until God opened my eyes that I could have "eyes to see" the truth. And it is precisely because of my love for God, that He chose to open my eyes.

Here is an excerpt from my book that is reflective of what “true love for God” is all about.

Excerpt from “Walking With the Enemy: A Testimony,” by C. Read.

“I mentioned to you on the phone, when you called me last Friday, that I sensed you were a little apprehensive about running into me; and I just want to emphasize to you that I understand more than you might realize. I hope that you are always very cautious with all men. And I pray that you will be ever mindful of the presence of the Holy Spirit.

Philip, one thing I realize: even the most sincere person can be deceived into believing a lie, and walk in that lie, professing and really believing that it’s the truth. I know first-hand, because I did it for three years.

I was blind to the truth because of the sin in my own life. And because of my personal experiences, I understand the dangers of sin in a very real way. But I also know the saving grace of my LORD Jesus! I know that God will deliver anyone that calls upon Him from a sincere and repentant heart.

Whether you can believe it or not, I am very thankful for all that I went through. My faith in the LORD, is so much stronger because of the trials that I endured. He’s the only reason I was able to bear the emotional and spiritual pain that I experienced.

It’s also because of Him that I am even able to discuss any of this with you. I praise Him every day for the safety and protection He allowed me to walk in, even though I was walking with the enemy!

And because I sincerely love the LORD God Almighty, and truly want to worship Him in Spirit and in truth, in His perfect timing He delivered me from the power that darkness had over me.

Praise the mighty name of Jesus Christ, the perfect Lamb of God, who came to take away the sin of the world!

God is all-powerful! God is in control! And it doesn’t matter whether men believe it or not. The truth will prevail! Light will overpower darkness!

It has been really exciting since I have been walking in the True Light! As the LORD reveals Himself to me, and I gain more wisdom and understanding of Him, I just adore Him more every day.

My relationship with the LORD is so different since the night of 28 February 1993. The word of God has become so real for my life in a way that I could have never imagined.

I would like to share with you an excerpt from my journal. I wrote this exactly two weeks before the confrontation we had on 2 March 1993.

Excerpt from Journal / 16 February 1993

I had asked the LORD, at the request of Elisha (Ira), to tell me if I could trust the people He’s placed around me. And she said that when things get crazy all around here I can go back to this book and read what the LORD said.

The LORD is so neat! He didn’t even address anyone else. He said to look at me and take notice of my behavior. He brought up two scriptures. And I’ll write them both down.

2 Timothy 1:7 “For God hath not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.”

1 Corinthians 13:1–13 “Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity [or love], I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.”

The LORD told me if I don’t see these things happening in my life that the enemy is attacking me and I must put on my armor. He then led me to the following scripture.

Ephesians 6:10–20 “Finally, my brethren, be strong in the LORD, and in the power of His might.

Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,

For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.”

End of excerpt from “Walking With the Enemy: A Testimony,” by C. Read.

One of the most important lessons I learned in my "walk with the enemy" is that as Christians, we must continually keep a check on our heart, and let God show us what is in there. Pride has a way of sneaking up on us, and it has an extremely blinding effect. And it is only by walking in the "True Light" of God's holy word that we can genuinely see the reality that is set before us!

Even when I was walking with the enemy, my love for God was real. And when I look back on that time and see what God did for me, in spite of what the Devil intended, I have such a love and gratitude in my heart for God.

This is my testimony: The more I know God, the more I love Him. The more I love God, the more I want to know Him. And as I experience God's love and grace in my life, my love for God just grows stronger.

1 John 4:19 "We love Him, because He first loved us."

Another passage that I hope you will ponder:

1 Peter 1:17-25 “And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:

Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

Who by Him do believe in God, that raised Him up from the dead, and gave Him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.

Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:

Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:

But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.”

You know, regardless of how much Scripture we quote, or how much we talk about God, and what we have done for Him and others, if we don't have charity, which is God’s love inside of us (and He is the only One who can give it to us), we are nothing without Him!

Our time on this earth is a test to see if we truly love God or not! That is what this life is all about! And if we love God, from our heart, we will seek to obey God and keep His word. And when we stumble, or get led astray, God will get us back on the right track, if our heart is to walk in the Truth!

I was devastated when God revealed the truth about those I had been walking with, especially because I had grown to love and trust them as friends and mentors. But because I was a “carnal” Christian, I was not able to recognize the subtle ways in which Satan was leading me astray.

I certainly did not “want to be deceived” as the “accuser” likes to suggest; and after I found out that I had been involved with ministers of Satan, rather than ministers of God, I had an insatiable desire to read through the whole Bible without being under their evil influence.

The devil is very active in the world today, but he does not want to be exposed. The devil is a powerful foe, but he is not more powerful than God. He is certainly a force to be reckoned with, but not by a man. Christ Jesus is our defender, and we MUST totally rely on God to fight and win our battles.

Christians need not to fear the devil, because we serve Almighty God. Satan needs to be acknowledged, but as I said, most people, even Christians, are not able to recognize him and what he is doing in the world. Yes, there is obvious wickedness that Satan is behind, but I am talking about the subtle evils where he is leading people away from God, and into the Darkness.

Remember, Satan needs men to carry out his wickedness--whether it be good or evil, and the only authority that Satan has, is what God has allowed him and his ministers to have. Mere men, and even angels, are no match for the devil, but praise God, the LORD Jesus Christ is! Consider this verse:

Jude 1:9 "Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee."

Men are pawns in the hand of the wicked one, until they give their hearts to God. And for those who are submitted to God, the Devil has no power over them. It's as simple as that. And the paramount difference between true Christianity and any other religion, is that Christ won the ultimate victory over the Devil at the cross, when Jesus gave His life, and God raised Him from the dead. All other religions are vain!

Real Christians are the only ones who can genuinely love, serve, and worship the true and living God! And that is the absolute Truth!

I pray that you have “ears to hear” what the Lord is saying unto His people in these final days! God bless and keep you and your loved ones as you walk with Him in the True Light of His holy word!

With the love of Christ,
C. Read

message 25: by Nathan (new)

Nathan Bush | 51 comments Another great devo, C.

message 26: by C. (new)

C. Read (truelight) | 301 comments Hi Nathan!

Thank you! I am glad you like it!

We surely have an enemy that wants to "divide and conquer!" But praise God, we serve the Almighty, and through Christ, we will overcome anything the devil and his ministers tries to trip us up with.

God bless and keep you and your loved ones!
Keep the faith my dear brother!

C.

1 Peter 5:6 "Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time:

1 Peter 5:7 Casting all your care upon Him; for He careth for you.

1 Peter 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

1 Peter 5:9 Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.

1 Peter 5:10 But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

1 Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen."

message 27: by Lee (new)

Lee (lee-lette) | 871 comments Good afternoon everyone. Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity! ( Psalm 133: 1)
For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them. (Matthew 18:20)

The fact that we have a Heavenly Father whom we can call upon any time, hour or any place should make ups exceedingly glad. We don't have to wait for the priest to come once a year to pray on our behalf, we can just call onto Him directly. A song-man said "You can talk to Jesus on the royal telephone" Yes we serve a healer, a dileverer, a chain breaker, the comforter sometimes we forget who we serve or sometimes we doubt, but in His words He said "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father." (John 14:12 )

All we need to do is call upon Him, no matter how small or big the situation is. There ain't no problem that God can't fix. We on our own cannot help ourselves, "It's not the 'me' in me, but it's the Christ that lives in me" Let us call up on Him regardless of the situation. The enemy doesn't want us to serve God, so when we make a mistake he'll make us think "You know, you've sinned too much, don't go to God again, He won't help you this time" or "This time you've done too bad, God can't help you again" or "Jesus is busy, this isn't something to go to Him about" But we shan't listen we should cry out to Him over even the tiniest of things, God should be in every nook and cranny of our lives.

You may not know how, you may not know when but He'll do it for you.

message 28: by C. (new)

C. Read (truelight) | 301 comments Lee wrote: "We on our own cannot help ourselves, "It's not the 'me' in me, but it's the Christ that lives in me" Let us call up on Him regardless of the situation."

I love your message Lee, and the above statement in particular. We surely need the Lord, and He is all to happy to be involved in our lives. After all, He proved His great love for us by giving His life, so we can live! Praise God!

Thank you for the encouraging words!

Take care, and God bless!
C.

Galatians 2:20 "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave Himself for me."

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Mark 11:24 ESV
Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

Have you ever prayed this verse expecting to get what you asked for and then are disappointed when your prayers go unanswered. Be careful that disappointment can lead to doubt, which may lead you away from God. Remember God isn't a wish machine. Maybe your unanswered prayer was God's answer and maybe you are putting God into your timetable.
2 Peter 3:8 (ESV)
But do not overlook this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

As a child, I prayed for a father like every other child had but my dad was an alcoholic and died when I was 14. I thought God ignored my prayers until my mother remarried. My stepfather was also an alcoholic and it took me awhile to forgive God for not answering my prayer not only once but twice. I was grown before my prayer was answered. God changed my stepfather and he became the father I had always wanted. I tried to rush God but He was using my mother, sisters and I and our family and friends to work a change in my stepfather and as a bonus to answer my prayers. God helped me to work through my doubt and hurt before giving me an answer. Each time I don't receive an answer to my prayer I try to remember that my timing isn't His and that God my be working through someone's life to answer my prayer. Life is a journey and it takes time to travel all the twists and turns. Be patient and have faith. Accept that an unanswered prayer may be changing someone's life for the better.

message 30: by Lee (new)

Lee (lee-lette) | 871 comments C. wrote: "Lee wrote: "We on our own cannot help ourselves, "It's not the 'me' in me, but it's the Christ that lives in me" Let us call up on Him regardless of the situation."

I love your message Lee, and th..."

Thank you C, yes, what greater gift could we ever receive than the gift of salvation? Thank God for Jesus!

message 31: by Lee (new)

Lee (lee-lette) | 871 comments Lovely devotion Rita, it seems you all keep writing to me! I pray the Lord will continue blessing you to bless others.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Lee, I feel the same way about the devotions. God Bless you, too.

message 33: by Lee (new)

Lee (lee-lette) | 871 comments What a relief! For a second there I was getting worried :) Thank you.

message 34: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 27, 2017 08:05AM) (new)

Monday, February 27

Luke 19:40 He (Jesus) answered, "I tell you, if these (disciples) were silent, the very stones would cry out."

Have you ever experienced a "dry spell" in your Bible study and prayer time? In 2006, I went through that "dry spell". Every time I started to read the Bible I would get a phone call or get so sleepy I couldn't stay awake. The few times this didn't happen, the noises from traffic and nearby construction would interfere with my concentration. One day I decided to take a walk to get away from all of the distractions. I walked to the back of my farm on top of a hill and looked around. What I saw spoke to me and it was as if nature was crying out God's praises. I wrote the following poem and each thing I wrote about happened that morning.

On Top of the Mountain

As I stand on top of the mountain
the modern world fades away
I can sense God's presence in every sight and sound
The mountains reach for heaven
forever straining toward their creator
The trees stand at attention
waving their canopy of leaves
like thousands of banners saluting the returning King
The birds overhead sing and dance in perfect harmony
in praise of the Lord
Butterflies float nearby in radiant colors
transformed by His Holy Power
The sun shines down
wrapping me in the warm embrace of God
as the wind whispers Words of Love
from my Father above

©Rita Faye April 2006

I didn't actually hear words but nature spoke to me in that moment just as clearly as if words had been spoken. I lifted my arms and praised the Lord as I twirled around in wonder and delight. My prayer and study time was awakened after that walk and at times like now when life is trying to block my path to God, I take a walk or read this poem to remind myself that if I don't praise God, I am the one missing out on something very special. I want to be standing in the middle of a field raising my arms and twirling in delight, adding my voice to those in nature, praising the Lord Almighty. Hallelujah!
Join me this week, wherever you are, whatever you are doing, stop and listen to nature as it praises God.
Please share what you see and hear.

message 35: by C. (new)

C. Read (truelight) | 301 comments Oh Rita Faye, that is so beautiful! I almost felt like I was with you on the mountain! Thank you SO much for sharing that! I REALLY appreciate it! God bless you honey!

With love,
C.

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

That is beautiful!

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank you C. and Eragon 7 the poem was truly an inspiration from God. I grabbed pencil and paper as soon as I got home that day and wrote it out. I can't image what the writers of the Bible felt having all those words inside and having to wait to get it on paper. Its no wonder they shouted from the street corners, the words just wouldn't stay inside, they had to be shared.

message 38: by Lee (new)

Lee (lee-lette) | 871 comments Which is why I find it hard to believe that some people are hearing from God but are staying silent. "Go ye therefore and teach all nations; Baptizing them in the name of the Father, of the Son and of the Holy Spirit."

message 39: by C. (new)

C. Read (truelight) | 301 comments Lee wrote: "Which is why I find it hard to believe that some people are hearing from God but are staying silent. "Go ye therefore and teach all nations; Baptizing them in the name of the Father, of the Son and of the Holy Spirit."

I find your comments very intriguing in light of my devotional that I am about to post. :) May I never be guilty of being silent. In fact, I have a fire burning within me that I pray will never go out!

God bless you Lee, and all of our dear "Real Christian" friends.

With love,
C.

message 40: by Lee (new)

Lee (lee-lette) | 871 comments C. wrote: "Lee wrote: "Which is why I find it hard to believe that some people are hearing from God but are staying silent. "Go ye therefore and teach all nations; Baptizing them in the name of the Father, of..."

Interesting :) Hopefully not. That's wonderful, it may be difficult sometimes, but keep the fire burning for Jesus! Jonah didn't follow what God told Him to do and say and he ended up in a terrible storm and then into the belly of a great fish. I wish not to have any great fishes in my life. God please give us courage!

Thank you and the same to you C and everyone else :)

message 41: by C. (new)

C. Read (truelight) | 301 comments God Still Speaks

Tuesday Devotional ~ 28 February 2017 / 3 Adar 5777

It was on this night, twenty-four years ago, that God actually spoke through me to those who had gathered together in my home for a Bible Study meeting. It was on that very memorable evening that God delivered me from the cult group that I had been a member of for three years. (Of course, at the time, I had no idea what I was involved with.)

Amazingly, the cult near Waco, Texas was also exposed on 28 February 1993. A local Christian radio station was interviewing Dr. David Breese (a prophecy and cult expert—now deceased) on 20 April 1993, the day after David Koresh and many of his followers were destroyed by the fire on that fateful day. Here is an excerpt from that interview when I called into the program.

C.:
“I was just wanting to mention that I had just been delivered from a cult. And actually it happened on 28 February 1993.”

Host:
“What took place? What kind of cult was this? Can you give the name of it, C.?”

C.:
“[It was a Bible study group.] I was with them a little over three years.”

Host:
“Dave, is there a question you would like to ask C., maybe to find out what kind of a cult this was?”

Breese:
“Yeah, C., uh, first of all, I rejoice that you have been delivered.”

C.:
“Oh, me too. It’s wonderful, actually!”

Breese:
“And I can tell by the sound of your voice that you thank God you weren’t beguiled totally and completely into this thing, but something of the clear word of God got to you so that you came to Christ. Right?”

C.:
“Oh, yeah!”

Breese:
“That is a great testimony, C. I’d be interested to know, did someone come and preach, or did—”

C.:
“Oh, no. The Lord actually came down by His Spirit into my living room.”

Breese:
“Do what?”

C.:
“It was a real fascinating experience.”

Breese:
“Oh, my!”

C.:
“He, uh—it’s kind of a whole long story.”

Breese:
“C., stop right there! Did you say someone, or something, came down and materialized in your living room?”

C. :
“The Holy Spirit manifested in a person and spoke. And that person happened to be me. And I hate to—I don’t hate to say me, but for some reason, it’s almost like I am boasting if I claim that the Lord actually spoke through me. But He did…He spoke in a very mighty way, and it happened that same day.

The main thing about it is that our leader, my ex-leader, was supposedly a very godly man. And it was through deception and seduction, and many things were involved.”

Host:
“C., can I encourage you, when we get through with our conversation with Dave Breese, to give him a telephone call at his ministry, and you all can discuss this?

I’m sure, Dave, you have some questions relative to what C. is talking about. And C., if you would jot down that telephone number and call Dave. We have another caller waiting, and since you said it’s a long story then maybe he can find time to discuss it with you.”

C.:
“Okay.”

Breese:
“And we’ll be happy to send this book, ‘The Marks of a Cult,’ to all who call and request it. So we will welcome your call.”

End of excerpt from Interview with Dr. David Breese

I did call Dr. Breese, and I went into detail about many things that took place during my time with the Bible study group. He was very intrigued and said God may use my experience as a ministry for others. At the time, I did not realize that God would have me develop a book that would explain how I was able to be deceived into thinking that I was walking with followers of the Lord Jesus Christ when, in truth, I was walking with the enemy.

I published my book, “Walking With the Enemy: A Testimony,” (now in the 5th Edition, which I call The Victory Edition, exactly two years later. I would like to share an excerpt from the first chapter, entitled "Churches."

“THE NIGHT OF 28 FEBRUARY 1993

This was such an unusual night, and when Ira saw me for the first time that evening she practically fell back and this shocked look came across her face. I asked her what was the matter, and she said, ‘Oh, nothing.’

And then she commented on what I was wearing, but it was an old sweatshirt she had seen plenty of times before and I never got that reaction out of her. I knew she was lying, but I just didn’t know why yet.

I had given Ira an article from the Sunday morning paper on David Koresh and asked her to read it. It was just telling about his many wives and his claims that he was Christ.

[I was not yet aware of the raid on the Branch Davidian compound by the federal agents, because Candy had kept me busy at her house in the country, and looking back, I am certain it was by direction of Bill and Ira.]

As Ira was reading the article, Bill seemed very nervous, and it was obvious to me that he was very much aware of that situation.

Afterwards, I let Candy read it and I asked her out of hearing range of Bill and Ira if she knew what spirit David Koresh operated under. She said, “No.” And I said, “The spirit of antichrist, the same spirit that is here.” She didn’t say anything, but she looked at me kind of funny.

I would like to mention that I said many things this night that I did not fully understand or realize the ramifications of until later, and I am still gaining insight on many things pertaining to all of this.

While we were waiting to get started singing, I spoke to Wendell and said, “I see the adversary hasn’t kept you away tonight.” And he said, “Not that he hasn’t tried.” And I said, “Well, I am very glad to see you tonight.”

And then I spoke to Thomas and I said, “I am very glad to see you, too.” And I patted him on the arm. (This was a very unusual way for me to be talking, but I really didn’t think much of all this until later.)

This is some of the words to the song we were singing when the Lord God interrupted our meeting, and it has been my prayer for some time now.

ARISE O GOD

Arise O God, let your enemies scatter.

Arise O God, let your enemies scatter.

For You are exalted King of all the earth!

Riding high above the heavens!

Your name shall be praised in the mighty gates of Zion!

Your kingdom shall reign forever! And ever!

This was the night that the Lord God Almighty answered my prayer and made His presence known in our midst in such a mighty way! These are the people that were present that night of 28 February 1993: Bill, Ira, Thomas, Candy, Kim, Wendell, me and my husband, our children, their children; and the Holy Spirit of the Lord God Almighty!

I am not sure at what point we were at in the song, but all of a sudden I started praying in the Spirit as the Holy Spirit gave me utterance. Then my hands were suddenly thrust up into the air, and I felt as if the Lord God above was pouring Himself into me while my hands shook uncontrollably. (My husband later told me that I did not appear to be shaking at all.)

There was such an anger and rage and hostility coming from my mouth; and I got so loud that I was drowning out the music. So after a while they decided to quit playing the musical instruments. (Bill plays the guitar, Ira the keyboard, and Candy and Kim the tambourines.)

Just to give you a feel for the atmosphere, my husband had a fire going, but it wasn’t cold enough so he had the doors and a window open. So while the Lord was pouring out His wrath and indignation through me, it was not limited to just the confines of my living room. It was also for the prince of the power of the air to hear.

This went on for a little while and then I stood up and abruptly walked to the front of the fireplace where Bill usually sat to teach. I turned to face everyone with my hands still held high in the air, and still speaking in the Spirit, then I suddenly stopped!

There was a dead silence in the room and every eye was on me. As I brought my hands down directly in front of me, I made a sweeping motion to the sides as if to say, enough!

The first intelligible words out of my mouth were, “Oh, Jesus, You are so beautiful!” At that moment, it was as though I just melted to the ground, and then I bowed down and put my face to the floor. At that point I began praising the Lord, and giving Him honor and all glory and thanksgiving.

I told Him that I am nothing without Him, and anything that I have that is worth having is because of Him. I told Him that I love and adore Him and that He alone is my Lord and master.

After that, I lifted my face up from the ground and saw that everyone was staring at me. I started to get somewhat nervous and I began to mumble something about how I didn’t like to be the center of attention and how this really wasn’t like me at all. Bill interrupted and said, “Well, give the interpretation.” I was intimidated for maybe a fraction of a second, and I just closed my eyes and said very firmly, “I will.”

Usually I was very intimidated by both Bill and Ira, but this night was different. There was such a boldness about me that I was actually intimidating to both of them! In fact, there had been a fear growing in them for some time now that I didn’t really understand until after this night and the subsequent confrontational meeting we had on 2 March 1993.

It would have been nice to have gotten this prophecy of 28 February 1993 on tape, but it didn’t matter. On 7 May 1993, the Lord brought everything that was addressed that night back to my memory almost exactly word for word. As I spoke these words, it was quite different. It was more in love and compassion, but with much boldness and conviction.

PROPHECY OF 28 FEBRUARY 1993

“Many things you have been taught here have been done in secrecy and in darkness.” I said this as I was looking at the congregation. “You have been taught truth mixed with lies, and the Lord says it will go on no longer!”

I looked at Bill and said, “And you are the one who has taught the lies, and the Lord says it will go on no longer in this home. And the Lord is giving you a chance to turn from your sin. And He is so forgiving that He will not hold your sin against you if you repent. And if you do not, you will die!”

While pointing at my husband I said, “And he is my husband.” Then I looked at my husband and said, “I love him with a love that cannot be broken.” Looking back at Bill, I said, “I love you too, but with a brotherly love. And I beg you to repent!”

Then I looked back at everyone and said, “Everything you have learned here has been tainted with evil, and you can’t hold on to any of it. The only thing that you can hold on to is the fact that Jesus Christ died for you, and by His mighty power, God raised Him from the dead. And if you believe that in your heart, and claim Him as Lord, He will put the same Spirit that raised Jesus from the dead inside of you to lead you and guide you into the truth!

Light will overshadow darkness, and darkness will not be able to stand in the presence of God!”

{End of prophecy}

Tuesday Devotional (2/28/2017) to be continued in next post.

message 42: by C. (new)

C. Read (truelight) | 301 comments God Still Speaks (Part II)

Tuesday Devotional ~ 28 February 2017 / 3 Adar 5777—Continued

Just for the record I want to make it abundantly clear that I am absolutely against the Charismatic / Pentecostal” movements, and anything to do with being “slain in the spirit.” That is not what happened to me on the night of 28 February 1993. It was more akin to the prophecy of Joel 2:28.

I would like to share an endnote from my book “Walking With the Enemy,” the Victory Edition. Please prayerfully consider these words:

“(124) The definitive truth: To help the reader of this book to better understand the great danger of being involved with people who actually belong to the devil, and are serving him, I would like to share an excerpt from a message that I heard on the Internet. The preacher made the following statement to his congregation on Father’s Day, Sunday, 15 June 2014. The context of his sermon was his “private interpretation” of 1 Corinthians 13, and his view of prophecy, tongues, and why people need the ‘baptism in the Holy Spirit.’

He said, and I quote:
‘We all are looking through a glass darkly. All of us…You can still see, but when someone starts drawing lines and saying it is the definitive truth, then be careful. Because there are very few definitive truths in the Bible.

There’s a lot of mystical stuff…God says, I’ll use whatever I need to use, and do whatever I need to do. He’s going to use the things that are just the oddest, the craziest, He’s going to use people you think shouldn’t be used…’

I find it interesting that this pastor would do a sermon on the need to experience the ‘baptism in the Holy Spirit’ on Father’s Day. I am sure he was quite aware of the Brownsville Revival (aka Pensacola Outpouring), which took place on Father’s Day, 18 June 1995, at Brownsville Assembly of God Church in Pensacola, Florida.

Reportedly, more than four million people attended services at Brownsville from its inception in 1995 to when it ended about five years later. The services included ‘praise and worship music’ and some preaching. The highlights were the altar calls, where people were encouraged to come to the front to get ‘right with God.’

The minister would ‘lay hands’ on them, while another person stood behind the person being ‘preyed’ upon to catch them when they fell backward. (Pun intended.) Untold thousands hit the ground during the course of that revival, where they either thrashed about or were prostrate on the floor as if in a coma, for hours at a time.

The ‘revivals’ in Pensacola, Toronto, Azusa Street in L.A., and other so-called ‘moves of God’ are all directly linked to the same antichrist spirit that was present in Bill’s ministry, and is also present in other charismatic / Pentecostal churches.

The ‘Toronto Blessing,’ aka the “laughing revival,” began on 20 January 1994, and was characterized by extremely bizarre manifestations such as uncontrolled laugher, jerking all over, falling down and passing out, shaking violently, roaring like a lion, barking like a dog, and other very odd and crazy behavior, all of which was reminiscent and hauntingly similar to what took place at the ‘Azusa Street revivals.’

The Azusa Street meetings began on 14 April 1906, and they were considered the ‘birth of the Pentecostal movement.’ Consider this firsthand report about what took place at the Azusa Street gatherings in September 1906:

‘… they cry and make howling noises all day and into the night. They run, jump, shake all over, shout to the top of their voices, spin around in circles, fall out on the sawdust blanketed floor jerking, kicking and rolling all over.

Some of them pass out and do not move for hours as though they were dead. These people appear to be mad, mentally deranged or under a spell. They claim to be filled with the Spirit…

Their preacher who stays on his knees much of the time with his head hidden between the wooden milk crates—he doesn’t talk very much, but at times he can be heard shouting, ‘Repent!’ And he’s supposed to be running the thing...

They repeatedly sing the same song, ‘The Comforter Has Come.’”

Advocates of these revivals claim that they have received a ‘touch from God,’ but regardless of what they say about it, or what they call it, I am certain that all of it is of the devil! And God’s people need to have nothing to do with it!

I am greatly concerned that so many people, particularly our youth, are being led away by smooth-talking ministers, who are luring them to their charismatic churches and events.

Please be warned, the practice of being ‘slain in the Spirit’ is Satanic in nature, and the spirit behind this so-called ‘baptism in the Holy Spirit’ is not the Spirit of God, but is the ‘spirit of antichrist!’

Satan is alive and well, and the ‘angel of light’ continues to be invited into so many of the churches by unwary ministers, and a people that is sound asleep. These ‘wolves in sheep’s clothing’ are walking about seeking whom they may devour, and this is the ‘season’ that all God’s people need to be so wary!

Even though the body and soul of Vernon Howell was violently removed from this earth over twenty years ago, the spirit of antichrist that was inside of him still lives on in the hearts of some deceived and wicked men! And that is the definitive truth!”

End of Excerpt from “Walking With the Enemy,” by C. Read

It is my greatest pleasure to share my testimony with whomsoever would like to receive it, so please PM me if you would like a complimentary copy.

I echo what Lee said in the above post--may we be willing, as we are led by the Holy Spirit, to proclaim the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ, our Savior! "Go ye therefore and teach all nations; Baptizing them in the name of the Father, of the Son and of the Holy Spirit."

May Almighty God bless and keep you and your loved ones as you walk with Him in the True Light of His holy word!

With the love of Christ,
C. Read

Walking With the Enemy A Testimony by C. Read

Walking With the Enemy: A Testimony

message 43: by Aerykah (new)

Aerykah | 3571 comments Hello, everyone! I just wanted to pop in and let y'all know that the March Devotionals thread is now up!
Here's a link-- https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.