What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > Heroine a prostitute

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sönïa (last edited Jan 31, 2017 07:58PM) (new)

Sönïa Dhillion | 149 comments Hey,

Does anyone know good books where the heroine is currently a prostitute. In the end she leaves her profession because she's in love with the hero. But she has to be a working prostitute no retired.

No HISTORICAL, YOUNG ROMANCE anything else would be great DARK, MONSTER/MAFIA even better.

Hero could be the heroine new client who then tries to convince her to leave her job.

message 2: by Joyce (new)

Joyce Ann | 162 comments Viktor ?

message 3: by Sönïa (new)

Sönïa Dhillion | 149 comments Joyce wrote: "Viktor ?"

Thanks but I've already read that book and loved it. But also in that book the heroine was living with Viktor . I'd like a book where the hero is a customer . So we see her with other clients before she just stop or retires.

message 4: by Sönïa (new)

Sönïa Dhillion | 149 comments Rosa wrote: "Candy?"

I don't want to sound fussy But no young adult please. It needs to be romance but not historic or young adults.

message 5: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 4973 comments Sorry--I should have read your request more carefully.

message 6: by Nela (new)

Nela (nelikne) | 480 comments Nine by Jennifer Raygoza? I wasn't much of a fan of this book, but maybe you'll like it :)

message 7: by Olivia (last edited Feb 01, 2017 07:05AM) (new)

Olivia Chairman of the Whored (Whored, #1) by Lucy V. Morgan by Lucy V. Morgan .
I don't know if this is what you're looking for but it was a great one that I would recommend plus there is a second book also.

message 8: by Anthony (new)

Anthony | 1 comments One of the best novels I've read recently, about a (feisty) nineteen-year-old prostitute set in Dickensian London, is Michel Faber's "The Crimson Petal and the White"
Fairly long (nearly 900 pages) but (extremely) literate, from first paragraph to the final one. Prose at its most seductive, I reckon, and my wife agrees.
If you enjoy it, also, let us know
Anthony

message 9: by Sönïa (new)

Sönïa Dhillion | 149 comments Nela wrote: "Nine by Jennifer Raygoza? I wasn't much of a fan of this book, but maybe you'll like it :)"

THANK YOU

message 10: by Sönïa (new)

Sönïa Dhillion | 149 comments Anthony wrote: "One of the best novels I've read recently, about a (feisty) nineteen-year-old prostitute set in Dickensian London, is Michel Faber's "The Crimson Petal and the White"
Fairly long (nearly 900 pages)..."

Hi is the book like Charles Dickens books? Like you know how Charles is a great storyteller with plots in his books. Reading his books are like having a walk in Alice the wonder land. It's all consuming. But never romantic.

message 11: by MJ (new)

message 12: by Joseph (last edited Feb 03, 2017 05:46AM) (new)

Joseph  (bluemanticore) | 441 comments Karen Memory by Elizabeth Bear is a wonderfully told steampunk story with great characters and fun adventure. Set in the late 19th century—when the city we now call Seattle Underground was the whole town (and still on the surface), when airships plied the trade routes, would-be gold miners were heading to the gold fields of Alaska, and steam-powered mechanicals stalked the waterfront, Karen is a young woman on her own, is making the best of her orphaned state by working in Madame Damnable's high-quality bordello.

message 13: by Sönïa (new)

Sönïa Dhillion | 149 comments Olivia wrote: "Chairman of the Whored (Whored, #1) by Lucy V. Morgan by Lucy V. Morgan .
I don't know if this is what you're looking for but it was a great one that I would recommend plus there is a secon..."

Thanks for the suggestion . I'm currently reading the book. I had the second book already on too read list. Just forgot about it. I'm loving it so far and Joseph ahh

message 14: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37392 comments Mod
Nana