Goodreads Choice Awards Book Club discussion

Archive > February (2017) New Releases

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lynn, Moderator (new)

Lynn | 4069 comments Mod
Most Popular Books Published In February 2017

Top 200 books published in February 2017 that people have added on Goodreads.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/popula...

message 2: by Lynn, Moderator (new)

Lynn | 4069 comments Mod
A Conjuring of Light (Shades of Magic, #3) by V.E. Schwab

The release of the 3rd and final book means I can finally start this series! YAY!

message 3: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 5946 comments Mod
I want to read that one too, Lynn. I've read the first one, but still need to read book 2.

I have copies of My Not So Perfect Life, The Orphan's Tale, and Always.

I also want to read I See You and The Good Daughter. I have holds on them at the library.

I have interest in A Gentleman in Moscow too.

It really bothers me that they have re-released books on this list. Sometimes, I see one that's on my TBR and then realize it was released a while ago.

message 4: by Vicki Willis (new)

Vicki Willis | 834 comments These lists are dangerous for me. I didn't do very well last year reading New Releases so I don't like browsing them and adding a bunch of books I will never read. :/

However,
I am looking forward to:

Right Behind You (Quincy & Rainie, #7) by Lisa Gardner Right Behind You Lisa Gardner is one of my favs and I always preorder her books.

Always by Sarah Jio Always I enjoyed one of her others so I added this one.

Cannibalism A Perfectly Natural History by Bill Schutt Cannibalism: A Perfectly Natural History Weird? Yes, but it sounds really interesting and I want to read a little more nonfiction. :)

@Kristie - Yes, I have wondered about that myself. Is it because they release a different format or version? It is kind of annoying.

message 5: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 5946 comments Mod
I wonder if that Cannibalism book will be in the science & technology nominees this year. It looks interesting and like something that would be nominated.

I don't know why they have them as new releases. They just put out new editions and they get added to the new releases. I'm not sure if there was editing or formatting or what.

message 6: by Vicki Willis (new)

Vicki Willis | 834 comments Kristie wrote: "I wonder if that Cannibalism book will be in the science & technology nominees this year. It looks interesting and like something that would be nominated.

I don't know why they have them as new re..."

I was wondering that too. They seem to find really interesting, unusual ones for that category.

message 7: by Shannon (new)

Shannon Lionheart | 11 comments I'm currently reading One Amazing Elephant by Linda Oatman High