Play Book Tag discussion

The Woman Who Walked in Sunshine (No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency #16)
This topic is about The Woman Who Walked in Sunshine
14 views
January 2017: Foreign Literature > The Woman Who Walked in Sunshine by Alexander McCall Smith - 3stars

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Booknblues | 6197 comments Oh, Sheesh! It is the last day of the month and I am nowhere near finished with the two books, which I had planned to read for this tag. I did however read The Woman Who Walked in Sunshine and it was the first book, I read this year. Precious makes me feel so happy and the title, I found uplifting.

I love this series and each one is a delight to read and adds a little something new to the continuing story.

In this one Precious is trying to take a vacation and in doing so she learns a valuable lesson.


message 2: by KateNZ (new)

KateNZ | 2503 comments I love all McCall Smith's books, but I think the No1 Ladies Detective Agency ones have to be my favourite. I haven't got this one yet - a nice prompt :)


Booknblues | 6197 comments KateNZ wrote: "I love all McCall Smith's books, but I think the No1 Ladies Detective Agency ones have to be my favourite. I haven't got this one yet - a nice prompt :)"

I like to stay one or two behind on the No 1 Ladies, but the start of the year seemed like a nice time to read one.


message 4: by Karin (last edited Feb 01, 2017 10:25AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Karin | 7202 comments Just a note, and not at all snarky since this is something that has happened to me before, but your title says 3 stars and the blue note says you rated it 4 stars. So was it a 4 star read, or in between 3 and 4?


Booknblues | 6197 comments Karin wrote: "Just a note, and not at all snarky since this is something that has happened to me before, but your title says 3 stars and the blue note says you rated it 4 stars. So was it a 4 star read, or in be..."

Apparently, I rated it 4 stars just after reading. I'm always a bit torn by The No 1 Ladies Detective books because I enjoy reading them so much and save them for those occasions which I need a little uplifting, but I don't regard them as great literature and think they mostly deserve a three star. So they make a 4 for enjoyment, but 3 for quality.


Karin | 7202 comments Booknblues wrote: "Karin wrote: "Just a note, and not at all snarky since this is something that has happened to me before, but your title says 3 stars and the blue note says you rated it 4 stars. So was it a 4 star ..."

Okay that makes sense. I give them 4 stars even though they aren't great literature because I think he does such a fabulous job of characterization, voice, etc, in them and I simply enjoy them so much, but we all have our different ways of rating,

I sometimes change my mind about the ratings I give books after a while.


back to top