That One Bitch's Book Club discussion

The Princess Bride
This topic is about The Princess Bride
February Group Read > Genre: Epic

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

LyndiLea Hardman (LyndiLeaHardman) | 18 comments Mod
Please post thoughts and comments about the book in this thread.
***Warning may contain spoilers***

LyndiLea Hardman (LyndiLeaHardman) | 18 comments Mod
I grew up in a house addicted to The Princess Bride movie. My father absolutely loved it and it appeared to be his life's mission to make sure his wife and children did as well. It was on the monthly movie rotation until I moved out to attend college. Fourteen years later and I haven't watched it since. Then the club members voted to read it this month for the epic genre group read. I devoured it in one setting, instantly transported back to Saturday evenings gathered around the tv for yet another viewing of my father's favorite movie, competing to say each line before the character on screen could. The thrill, the drama, the epic Romance sweeping me away to the land contained within its pages. Now through adult eyes I understood my Father's love of the story. It was a way to escape the humdrum of everyday "normalcy" and become the man in black, Queen Buttercup, or the six fingered Count. The villains were easily to identify, the good guy was so spectacular he seemed almost super human, and the Princess was the most beautiful in the the
Land. What is there not to love? So if you are looking to escape, to fully immerse yourself in another time, place, and spectrum of human abilities (both good and bad) then this is the book for you!

Bethany | 1 comments Have fun storming the castle!