What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Probably YA - teen pregnancy, girl runs away from home, UK?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marama (last edited Feb 12, 2017 06:27PM) (new)

Marama | 13 comments Hi there, hoping someone can help me out with this one.

I read the book late 90s, early 00s, but not sure it was freshly published.

The story was, I think, set in the UK or Ireland. A teenager gets pregnant (maybe 17/18ish), and leaves home to, I think, a beachside community.
The following details are vague recollections, so may not be 100% correct:

- She gets work in diner/cafe as a waitress.

- There was some premise to the story that she was now an adult and was reminiscing as she watched her own daughter pack her things as she's about to begin University - a sort of "when I was your age" kind of vibe.

- I'm sure recall a scene where she notices some women tutting at her and muttering or clearly thinking that she was an unwed mother.

I'm sorry, this is all extremely vague, but if someone knows it I'll be extremely grateful!

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33270 comments Mod
Please note the bump period for this large group is 30+ days -- or sooner if you remember more information.

message 3: by Marama (new)

Marama | 13 comments Kris wrote: "Please note the bump period for this large group is 30+ days -- or sooner if you remember more information."

My apologies, I must have gotten confused with another forum. I have deleted the original bump.

message 4: by Marama (new)

Marama | 13 comments Bumping in case anyone knows it.

Character is possibly named Abby?

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37753 comments Mod
Marama, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 6: by Marama (new)

Marama | 13 comments Still looking - though details I didn't include/remember when I made the post:
- She leaves home with her boyfriend, though her mother disapproves
- She gets pregnant after leaving home
- the boyfriend leaves her (can't remember if he knows about the pregnancy or not when he leaves)

message 8: by Becca (new)

Becca (beccalikesbooks) | 2053 comments If you're still looking, it could be on this Teen Pregnancy list

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Getting Free (other topics)