Virals 2017 discussion

Chapter 54-End

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

What specific themes did the author emphasize throughout the novel? What do you think he or she is trying to get across to the reader? How did the author try to do this?

message 2: by Connor (new)

Connor Eltoft | 8 comments The author emphasized several themes through out the story such as being kind to animals, justice, and the importance of teamwork. I believe the author is trying to tell us as readers that if you work hard and try hard everything will eventually work out for you. The author showed us this as she had the characters constantly working hard together to solve a murder and catch who ever was responsible for the crimes. The characters accomplished that by using teamwork and they, through out the book, were also focused on taking care of and protecting a test dog, that was close to death when they found him.

message 3: by Lee (new)

Lee Fletcher | 8 comments Kathy Reichs was heavily emphasizing teamwork, justice, and animal kindness. i think the book tells us that things can work out in the end if your willing to work for it. She showed this through the characters' perseverance to catch the murderer and keep Coop safe.

message 4: by Izzy (new)

Izzy | 8 comments The author demonstrates many themes throughout the story. Such as teamwork, the importance of justice and animal crulety is not okay. I believe that Kathy is trying to teach us that if you are determined you can achieve anything, no matter how big or small. She is doing this by showing us how the virals couldn't have achieved what they did without eachother. They also were able to solve Katherine's murder that started with just a dog tag. That seemed impossible but against all odds they succeeded.

message 5: by Izzy (new)

Izzy | 8 comments Connor wrote: "The author emphasized several themes through out the story such as being kind to animals, justice, and the importance of teamwork. I believe the author is trying to tell us as readers that if you w..."
I liked your connection with the teamwork throughout the story. I also appreciated your examples and how relevent they were.

message 6: by Hollis (new)

Hollis | 8 comments The author showed us many themes throughout the story such as justice to what you have done, teamwork is very important if you want to accomplish anything, and animal cruelty should not be done. The author is trying to get across to the reader that you can do almost anything with teamwork. If it is win a game or solve a murder case. Kathy showed this through trying to give justice to Dr. Karsten for mistreating an animal, then showing teamwork to solve and take down a murder case and murderer.

message 7: by Hollis (new)

Hollis | 8 comments Izzy wrote: "The author demonstrates many themes throughout the story. Such as teamwork, the importance of justice and animal crulety is not okay. I believe that Kathy is trying to teach us that if you are dete..."
I like where you were going with how it all started with a dog tag and how against all odds they solved it with just a dog tag.

message 8: by Aili (new)

Aili Hill | 8 comments The specific themes that the author was trying to get to the reader were justice and teamwork. I think the author was really trying to say that you need to fight for those who cant fight for themselves which is where the justice came into play in the story. the author also tries to get across that teamwork can help any problem if you really try to be close to your teammates. The author tried to do this by having the team of virals fight to have the murder of Kathrine Heaton solved and try to keep Cooper safe. In doing both of these they are keeping together as a team to accomplish what everyone else was to scared to do.

message 9: by Aili (new)

Aili Hill | 8 comments Lee wrote: "Kathy Reichs was heavily emphasizing teamwork, justice, and animal kindness. i think the book tells us that things can work out in the end if your willing to work for it. She showed this through th..."

I completely agree with you Lee, that's exactly what I was trying to get at with my paragraph. Kathy had the characters go through thick and thin to stand up for what they believe in. Also in the end the characters accomplish there goal to show that there was justice for those who where willing to work hard for the right thing.

message 10: by Lee (new)

Lee Fletcher | 8 comments Aili wrote: "The specific themes that the author was trying to get to the reader were justice and teamwork. I think the author was really trying to say that you need to fight for those who cant fight for themse..."
True, as the team couldn't have come through if one of them was gone. Also, the characters' pursuit of justice is what drives many of the events in this book.

message 11: by Owen (new)

Owen Rhodes | 8 comments the author emphasizing the theme good friends always pull through, and all creatures deserve to be saved no matter the repercussion. I think the author is trying to get the message that all life is equal and that a good friend is always reliable. the author did this by showing tory save a wolf dog that she has only met once and put herself at risk and those around her at risk, but even though it is just a wolf dog it deserves to be saved just as much as she would if she was in coop's place. the author also showed that good friends always pull through at the end when they where all trying to save each other and they all complied with each other helping them complete each others goals.

message 12: by Owen (new)

Owen Rhodes | 8 comments Izzy wrote: "The author demonstrates many themes throughout the story. Such as teamwork, the importance of justice and animal crulety is not okay. I believe that Kathy is trying to teach us that if you are dete..."

I agree that the author is trying to prove to us some things are only possible with others and that it is not okay to treat anyone or anything less then how you would treat yourself

message 13: by Connor (last edited Mar 01, 2017 06:35AM) (new)

Connor Eltoft | 8 comments Owen wrote: "the author emphasizing the theme good friends always pull through, and all creatures deserve to be saved no matter the repercussion. I think the author is trying to get the message that all life is..."

I agree with all creatures should be saved, no matter what repercussion. I think, that all lives are equal. I believe that the author however, Is giving off an anti animal cruelty theme.