Virals 2017 discussion

Chapter 36-53

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

What moods has the book created for you so far? Why did you feel that way? Was the author trying to create this mood for you? If so, then how did he/she do it? If not, what made you feel this way?

message 2: by Connor (new)

Connor Eltoft | 8 comments The author has set a suspenseful mood. I feel this way as the group of friends had just broken into a lab and rescued a test subject. Based on how bad the scientist leading the experiment wants the dog, I thought something really bad was about to happen to the kids. I believe that the author was trying to create a suspenseful mood, as he made the characters in a way feel like they were going to get caught.

message 3: by Lee (new)

Lee Fletcher | 8 comments The mood was very suspenseful. They have just broken into a lab and now are very worried they are going to be caught. i kept believing they were going to get caught.

message 4: by Izzy (new)

Izzy | 8 comments The author has created a suspenseful mood. I feel this way because of all the laws the kids have been breaking. So while they are breaking these laws I constantly get a suspenseful mood because I don't know if they will get caught or not. The author created this mood with their adventures and the foreshadowing she did.

message 5: by Izzy (new)

Izzy | 8 comments Connor wrote: "The author has set a suspenseful mood. I feel this way as the group of friends had just broken into a lab and rescued a test subject. Based on how bad the scientist leading the experiment wants the..."
Good thought on how us not knowing if the kids will get caught or not creates suspense. I also enjoyed how you gave examples of the kids sneaking into the lab.

message 6: by Hollis (new)

Hollis | 8 comments The author has created a suspenseful mood, the author made the characters have episodes and we don't exactly know why or what it was, they found a dead body and it disappeared, the person that runs the laboratory is trying to hunt them (in my opinion). This all for me creates an eeri and/or suspenseful mood.

message 7: by Isaiah (last edited Feb 13, 2017 06:39AM) (new)

Isaiah G. | 2 comments Connor wrote: "The author has set a suspenseful mood. I feel this way as the group of friends had just broken into a lab and rescued a test subject. Based on how bad the scientist leading the experiment wants the..."

I knew that something was going to happen when Tory found the clipboard saying that the dog had a deadly virus. Then when Karsten at the end of the chapter said that the virus could be caught by humans i knew that something was bound to happen.

message 8: by Connor (new)

Connor Eltoft | 8 comments Lee wrote: "The mood was very suspenseful. They have just broken into a lab and now are very worried they are going to be caught. i kept believing they were going to get caught."

Based on other books I have read, I agreed with you as I thought they were going to be caught. Overall, I was not to surprised that they were not.

message 9: by Hollis (new)

Hollis | 8 comments Connor wrote: "The author has set a suspenseful mood. I feel this way as the group of friends had just broken into a lab and rescued a test subject. Based on how bad the scientist leading the experiment wants the..."

I felt the same way when reading the book, that the kids would get caught or something very bad would happen.

message 10: by Aili (new)

Aili Hill | 8 comments the author of virals has created a very suspenseful and dangerous mood this far in the book. I feel this way because where these chapters have left off we don't know if the gang is going to make it out off the tunnel alive, and we just got a lot more information on B19 that could be very useful in the near future. I think this is exactly the mood the author was trying to portray what with all the cliffhangers and unanswered questions. Another way that I think the author is trying to create suspense is that we still don't know the whereabouts of Kathrine Heaton or who killed her.

message 11: by Aili (new)

Aili Hill | 8 comments Hollis wrote: "The author has created a suspenseful mood, the author made the characters have episodes and we don't exactly know why or what it was, they found a dead body and it disappeared, the person that runs..."
I agree that the author was trying to create a suspenseful mood throughout pretty much the whole story. I don't know however if I'd say the story gives me an eerie feeling, just because it doesn't give me a really any mysterious feels about anything either. Mysteriousness and eeriness go hand and hand for me.

message 12: by Lee (new)

Lee Fletcher | 8 comments Aili wrote: "the author of virals has created a very suspenseful and dangerous mood this far in the book. I feel this way because where these chapters have left off we don't know if the gang is going to make it..."
I agree with Aili, the mood is suspenseful mood due to the fact that are heroes are being pursued

message 13: by Owen (new)

Owen Rhodes | 8 comments the author has created an Eerie mood because they all saved the dog then caught a terrible disease and most of the chapters there is not much action, but more just observing what is happening to them. I believe the author did try to create this mood for most of the chapters, but the chapters towards the end are more suspensful. they createed the mood by making a problem with no cause and then that problem unfolding before you created an eerie mood.

message 14: by Owen (new)

Owen Rhodes | 8 comments Hollis wrote: "The author has created a suspenseful mood, the author made the characters have episodes and we don't exactly know why or what it was, they found a dead body and it disappeared, the person that runs..."

I believe the mood is suspenseful and eerie because of these strange episodes

message 15: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Stribling | 3 comments My mood through out the story was very suspenseful because the group of friends broke into lab and found a dead body and then later the body had disappeared and we still dont know who killed Kathrine Heaton. The author creates this theme to make readers more interested and wanting to read more.