Virals 2017 discussion

Chapter 18-35

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Do the characters seem real and believable? Can you relate to their predicaments? To what extent do they remind you of yourself or someone you know?

message 2: by Connor (new)

Connor Eltoft | 8 comments The characters to me, do seem real and believable. However, I cannot really relate to any of their predicaments except for having a nice group of friends. These characters remind me of a another character in a book called Shiloh as the characters in both stories seem determined to rescue a dog.

message 3: by Izzy (new)

Izzy | 8 comments The charecters seem real and believe to me. Even though I do not relate to them besides the fact that they have a close group of friends that have eachother's back. They do not remind me of myself but they do remind me of the greasers in the outsiders because they both are outsiders who are teased by the rich. Also in both the outsiders and this book the charecters are starting to mix their group of friends.

message 4: by Lee (last edited Feb 03, 2017 12:07PM) (new)

Lee Fletcher | 8 comments the characters seam real, but I can't really relate to them, except for living in a quiet neighborhood. But, the are outsiders, which remind me of the greasers

message 5: by Hollis (new)

Hollis | 8 comments The characters to me seem real and believable. I can't relate to them except that they have good friends that they can lean on and count on. They don't remind me of myself but the characters do remind me of a character in a book called 'Countdown'. The character wants to find information and who a person is that has been writing letters to her sister. Much like the characters in 'Virals' they want to find information about a person as well.

message 6: by Izzy (new)

Izzy | 8 comments Connor wrote: "The characters to me, do seem real and believable. However, I cannot really relate to any of their predicaments except for having a nice group of friends. These characters remind me of a another ch..."

I have read Shiloh and I can see the connection between the two books. I like how you realized the resemblance between their group of friends and yours. I also like how you used words like predicaments. Good thoughts.

message 7: by Connor (new)

Connor Eltoft | 8 comments Hollis wrote: "The characters to me seem real and believable. I can't relate to them except that they have good friends that they can lean on and count on. They don't remind me of myself but the characters do rem..."

Your relation to the books Countdown and Virals was great. But out of curiosity, does the later actions of the character in countdown resemble the actions in Virals? And when the character in Countdown starts looking for clues, does he or she get threatened in any way?

message 8: by Aili (new)

Aili Hill | 8 comments For me the characters of Virals are very real and believable in one way or another, all the characters have different struggles and I can really picture them as real people. Each of the characters has a different home situation, religion, and interests and I love it. I think the characters all have different relate-able aspects of them. For one thing they aren't very popular, they are just a group of smart kids sticking together. They all have real experiences that I've personally been in. For example at the beginning of the book where Ben got hurt doing something he wasn't supposed to be doing and had to call his friends. I see a lot of these characters in people I know, I can especially say that with my mom and Tory. Tory isn't the typical girl, she likes to do stuff that some girls wouldn't think of. I see that a ton of that in my mom.

message 9: by Aili (new)

Aili Hill | 8 comments Lee wrote: "the characters seam real, but I can't really relate to them, except for living in a quiet neighborhood. But, the are outsiders, which remind me of the greasers"
I like how you connected the group of characters to the greasers, i can totally see that! I found that the characters were outsiders to. however I think that's what makes them relate-able, because I think I can safely say that everyone's felt alone at one time at least.

message 10: by Lee (new)

Lee Fletcher | 8 comments Hollis wrote: "The characters to me seem real and believable. I can't relate to them except that they have good friends that they can lean on and count on. They don't remind me of myself but the characters do rem..."
I agree with you because I also have a good group of friends

message 11: by Isaiah (last edited Feb 13, 2017 06:28AM) (new)

Isaiah G. | 2 comments Hollis wrote: "The characters to me seem real and believable. I can't relate to them except that they have good friends that they can lean on and count on. They don't remind me of myself but the characters do rem..."

i have seen the movie of Shiloh, and i can see the connection. the only difference is that the dog in the movie doesn't have a deadly virus.

message 12: by Hollis (new)

Hollis | 8 comments Aili wrote: "For me the characters of Virals are very real and believable in one way or another, all the characters have different struggles and I can really picture them as real people. Each of the characters ..."

I agree with you on how they all have different home life's, religion, and social groups and/or love life.

message 13: by Owen (new)

Owen Rhodes | 8 comments the charaters seem believable, I believe I could go out and find similar people although I dont find there predicament relatable at all. they all seem like they live life in a realistic way, but it is strange that there are so many ridiculously wealthy people and it is unrealistic for there to be that many, there just isn't that many good jobs in the world. the struggles that they are facing is unique to where they live at least some of them are.

message 14: by Owen (new)

Owen Rhodes | 8 comments Aili wrote: "For me the characters of Virals are very real and believable in one way or another, all the characters have different struggles and I can really picture them as real people. Each of the characters ..."

I can also see them as real people without there super powers they really are like normal teenagers

message 15: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Stribling | 3 comments To me the characters seem very real and believable but cant necessarily relate to most of them except for having a friend group who trust eachother.