Gone 2017 discussion

Chapter 24-35

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

What moods has the book created for you so far? Why did you feel that way? Was the author trying to create this mood for you? If so, then how did he/she do it? If not, what made you feel this way?

message 2: by Jess (new)

Jess | 2 comments The moods that this book has given me were sad, scared and worried. I felt that way because there is always a major conflict going on. Such as Astrid getting taken and having to say sad and hurtful things to her brother. I feel that the author was trying to make us feel that way because if he didn't he would have put happy stuff and might as well wrote a story about a happy family and everyone is together.

message 3: by Tripp (last edited Feb 15, 2017 07:57AM) (new)

Tripp McGowan | 9 comments The moods this book makes me feel are worry, sadness. Also I felt suspense and tension between Sam with his group of people and Caine with his group. I felt worry and sadness when Sam and Astrid had their hands in the cement. Astrid kept telling Little Pete that it was okay even if it wasn't. Also I felt sadness when Astrid had to say cruel and hurtful things to her brothers face.

message 4: by Kassandra (new)

Kassandra | 8 comments The book makes me feel sad for all the kids having to go through this, and the author does a really good job of creating the mood of the story. I like how the author has created more than one mood, there are several moods throughout the story. The author also made me very suspenseful as to what was going to happen next.

message 5: by Kassandra (new)

Kassandra | 8 comments Jess wrote: "The moods that this book has given me were sad, scared and worried. I felt that way because there is always a major conflict going on. Such as Astrid getting taken and having to say sad and hurtful..." I felt sad and angry too, when Drake made Astrid say those hurtful things to her brother.

message 6: by Caleb (new)

Caleb Williams | 7 comments I like the way the author thought about these few chapters because they made this very interesting how they went from being in a gold mine to being on a boat and I found that interesting because its hard to get the right transition to the next part. These are some different chapters I have read.

message 7: by Caleb (new)

Caleb Williams | 7 comments Tripp wrote: "The moods this book makes me feel are worry, sadness. Also i felt suspense and tension between Sam with his group of people and Caine with his group. I felt worry and sadness when Sam and Astrid ha..."

I felt the worry too, and the sadness. I can really sense what you wrote.

message 8: by Tripp (new)

Tripp McGowan | 9 comments Kassandra wrote: "The book makes me feel sad for all the kids having to go through this, and the author does a really good job of creating the mood of the story. I like how the author has created more than one mood,..."

I felt sad for the kids going through this too. I agree with you about how there are different moods throughout the whole story.

message 9: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa | 7 comments The emotions I felt during reading these chapters were anxiety, worry, and upset. The story made me feel anxious when Drake almost shot Astrid, I thought Sam wouldn't get there in time. It also made me sad when Drake forced Astrid to call her brother mean names. I was worried that when the kids were attacked by the animals that Sam might die. I think the author purposefully made the story this way.

message 10: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa | 7 comments Tripp wrote: "The moods this book makes me feel are worry, sadness. Also I felt suspense and tension between Sam with his group of people and Caine with his group. I felt worry and sadness when Sam and Astrid ha..."
I agree the story was very suspenseful. I like how you brought up the tension between the two groups.

message 11: by Tripp (new)

Tripp McGowan | 9 comments Alyssa wrote: "The emotions I felt during reading these chapters were anxiety, worry, and upset. The story made me feel anxious when Drake almost shot Astrid, I thought Sam wouldn't get there in time. It also mad..."

I also got the same anxious feeling during these chapters. I agree it was mean of Astrid to call her brother those names.

message 12: by Brendan (new)

Brendan Webb | 3 comments the emotions i feel are worried and scared because we never know what ork will do next and there also starting to punish people for using the power, I think the auther was trying to create a scary mood because he left us wondering what will happen next