Gone 2017 discussion

Chapter 12-23

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Do the characters seem real and believable? Can you relate to their predicaments? To what extent do they remind you of yourself or someone you know?

message 2: by Jess (new)

Jess | 2 comments The characters seem real because they don't magically know what to do. Instead there confused and lost and scared. I feel I relate the most to Sam. Sam to everyone is a hero. They want to know what they should do from him. He doesn't want that power or the responsibility because it's too much.

message 3: by Tripp (last edited Feb 15, 2017 07:58AM) (new)

Tripp McGowan | 9 comments I think the characters seem realistic other than their powers. Most of them do not know that they have special powers and/or they dont know how to control and use them. They also feel scared and worried that the adults might bot come back. The older kids have to act as if they were the adults and parents to the babies and toddlers in the city, and that probably is a lot of pressure. I feel like i relate to Quinn the most because I take a lot of serious situations as a joke at first because of initial shock.

message 4: by Kassandra (new)

Kassandra | 8 comments I really like how the characters react to their powers, they're just not okay with it and know how to control it, instead they are nervous, confused, shocked, and scared. Because of this it makes the characters believable. I feel like I can relate to Sam, because I am seen as a leader to others but I personally would much rather not have the responsibility of others and just worry about myself.

message 5: by Kassandra (new)

Kassandra | 8 comments Tripp wrote: "I think the characters seem realistic other than their powers. Most of them do not know that they have special powers and/or they dont know how to control and use them. They also feel scared and wo..."
I like the fact you brought up the fact that the teenagers basically have to be the adults now, they have to be the responsible, and takes care of the smaller children.

message 6: by Caleb (new)

Caleb Williams | 7 comments I think that this was a good few chapters. They got in great detail and would show great imagery. The characters seemed very real. I thought that they were some of the better chapters that I have got to read. With the special powers that some of them had, some knew they had them some did not. If some had them they most likely did not know how to use them. The older kids are having to do almost every thing form getting the food to taking care of the baby's. They also have to take care of the dead.

message 7: by Caleb (new)

Caleb Williams | 7 comments Kassandra wrote: "I really like how the characters react to their powers, they're just not okay with it and know how to control it, instead they are nervous, confused, shocked, and scared. Because of this it makes t..."

I really like how you used go vocabulary in this and liked how you explained it.

message 8: by Brendan (new)

Brendan Webb | 3 comments the characters seem very really mainly because they are all so confused and also there are those kids who take over in a bad way like Orc who calls himself captain if this were to happen here or anywhere the will always be someone like Orc who will try to take over everything and get power

message 9: by Tripp (last edited Feb 15, 2017 07:57AM) (new)

Tripp McGowan | 9 comments Jess wrote: "The characters seem real because they don't magically know what to do. Instead there confused and lost and scared. I feel I relate the most to Sam. Sam to everyone is a hero. They want to know what..."
I agree with how they all feel confused, scared and lost.

message 10: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa | 7 comments These characters are very real because they are forced to go through real life situations and can't just wish away their problems. When a kid gets sick or hurt the oldest kids are forced to figure out whats wrong and if they can do anything about it. Some times a child might die if its that serious and they have to bury them. They also have to deal with other group members bullying them and can't do a lot about that. A lot of them feel helpless. I relate most to Astrid because shes good at problem solving.