Maryse's Book Blog WolfPack/Bridesmaids Meeting Place discussion

Bad Things (Tristan & Danika, #1)
This topic is about Bad Things
2017- Buddy Reads > Bad Things (Tristan & Danika #1) BR

Comments Showing 1-50 of 52 (52 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Leslie | 2430 comments Buddy read starting Feb 1. :)

message 2: by Ela (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ela | 4279 comments Enjoy! Not my fave but still one of the better reads.

Leslie | 2430 comments @ 18% - (view spoiler)

Robin Hill (robinhill) | 1525 comments I'm bowling 9 pin right now. I had to beta today so I'm a little behind. Plan to start when I get home depending on rum consumption :)

Leslie | 2430 comments Sounds good Robin, have fun. Not that my spoiler was anything major but hopefully u didnt read it.

Robin Hill (robinhill) | 1525 comments I didn't. Caught it just in time ;)

Leslie | 2430 comments @40% - (view spoiler)

Robin Hill (robinhill) | 1525 comments I got side tracked with beta reading yesterday so I'm behind. I'm at 16% but LOVING it so far. Where are you? I need a full writing day (and more beta-ing) so I won't be able to catch up much more until tonight :(

Leslie | 2430 comments I'm at 59%

message 10: by Ela (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ela | 4279 comments You ladies enjoy!

message 11: by Nay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Just wait, Leslie! The angst will happen! And if y'all love this one, wait till you read 'Rock Bottom'. That is SO appropriately titled!

Leslie | 2430 comments I'm at 75% and I'm not sure what I think of it. I'm guessing I will get more invested as story moves along. Two funny things though (view spoiler)

message 13: by Ela (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ela | 4279 comments R. wrote: "Just wait, Leslie! The angst will happen! And if y'all love this one, wait till you read 'Rock Bottom'. That is SO appropriately titled!"

Yup! You guys just wait.....THAT BOOK WAS ....NO WORDS

message 14: by Ela (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ela | 4279 comments Leslie wrote: "I'm at 75% and I'm not sure what I think of it. I'm guessing I will get more invested as story moves along. Two funny things though [spoilers removed]"

THAT DOG LMAO

Robin Hill (robinhill) | 1525 comments Leslie wrote: "@ 18% - [spoilers removed]"

I just remembered there was a spoiler I could look at! I was pissed when I saw the author's note! I barely glanced at it but not before I saw the addiction part. Why do some author's make it so hard to go in blind? I get that people have triggers, but can't they offer a link to their website from an e-book or amazon even for people who need to know? I think I'm going to do this and start the trend!

Leslie | 2430 comments I totally agree....im pissy knowing addiction is supposed to be in storyline.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Thats a spoiler?

I guess if they laid it all out like who is addicted, drug of choice, what bad descicions were made, and why they choose to do drugs.
Danika was unloved and had an affair with her teacher who got her addicted to heroin. While on heroin she drove a car full of puppies off a cliff. Tristan learns of this when he introduces his puppy to her and dhe hides under the table. He disillusioned has an affair with her bff driving Danika back to heroin.

That would be a spoiler.

Robin Hill (robinhill) | 1525 comments bev wrote: "Thats a spoiler?

I guess if they laid it all out like who is addicted, drug of choice, what bad descicions were made, and why they choose to do drugs.
Danika was unloved and had an affair with h..."

I like to be totally blind. Now I'm reading every single thing going, oh, there it is! It takes something away from the experience for me.

Leslie | 2430 comments Ok, who is MORE sassy...Bev or Ela?!? Hee hee

You guys kill me!!!!

And yeah, what Robin said.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

I see.

Im always of two minds on triggers. On one hand is it too much? How many things need to be warned against?

On the other....I listened to a podcast that a listener's letter was read on. It was beautiful. Shed been raped and romance books had helped with the healing process, but if she came upon a rape scene it triggered her.
Then I think if it stops one woman from going back to that experience its worth it.

But is addiction a trigger? I dont know.
I think I posted this before but anyway the letter is right at the beginning of the transcript. It is just beautiful and brave.

http://smartbitchestrashybooks.com/po...

Leslie | 2430 comments @ 84% - (view spoiler)

Robin Hill (robinhill) | 1525 comments I totally agree books should have triggers, but I think they should be relayed via the author's website and not listed at the beginning of a book or on Amazon/GR. Better yet, Amazon/GR should take it upon themselves to create a *blind* trigger, a link maybe that will take them away from the main page. I'm shocked they haven't done this already. On this podcast, she mentions the publisher lists the triggers. That is great too. I just don't want them so visible.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

True it could be like a spoiler tag, but with the actual review. Physical books maybe in the back. Just so it is not work to pick up and read a book.

I don't know, except for my suspicions that there are too many they dont bother me.

*shrug*

Leslie | 2430 comments I think the issue with this particular book is that me & robin both avoided blurb on purpose so we didnt get any extra info....then stupid first line from author hints about addiction and that is detail I didnt want to know.

I like when people put possible triggers with spoiler tags. Ive seen that in a lot of reviews. Honestly, if you have major triggers you probablt should avoid erotic romance right? Hee hee

Leslie | 2430 comments Done!!! (view spoiler)

Tessa | 1761 comments Rock Bottom. That's the one that guts you. You've had the sweet, but if you really want to, you can continue and be gutted. Also, you read UitA. There was a whole talk about the addiction issue in that series. :D

Robin Hill (robinhill) | 1525 comments Leslie wrote: "@40% - [spoilers removed]"

Ugh, ugh, and ugh!

Leslie | 2430 comments Tessa, my memories are very fuzzy from UitA its been so loooooooooong. I do remember one thing that is a spoiler for this series (which makes me angry) but nothing to do with addiction.

message 29: by Grey (new) - rated it 4 stars

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
Tossing confetti in the air, while I'm wishing I was trapped in the T&D bubble. I loved them.

Yeah, I hate spoilers from the author too... and bad book blurbs...

Leslie | 2430 comments Grey, don't you wish we could be trapped in our favorite books bubbles forever?? Or at least scrub our brain clean so we could read again for the first time??

I have such a hard time leaving the world of my faves...

Leslie | 2430 comments I dont think I'm going to start book 2 Rock Bottom (Tristan & Danika, #2) by R.K. Lilley right away. (Unless Robin wants to, then I will)

Or if anyone else wants to join me??? Lisa?? I can wait for you to catch up?

Otherwise, I will trudge up my TBR mountain.

Paula White | 795 comments Leslie - how can you not move straight to book 2?? I would have to finish all 3!

message 33: by Grey (new) - rated it 4 stars

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
Leslie, I actually liked Book 2 better than book 1... just saying... LOL!

Tessa | 1761 comments Same. That's where the angst lies.

Robin Hill (robinhill) | 1525 comments Leslie, I'm about halfway and still loving it, but I'll probably have to wait too. I've got so much on my plate right now, I can't see straight. I'll probably tackle my Feb challenge book when I get back to reading and then book two of D and T.

Leslie | 2430 comments I'm honestly a little frightened of the forthcoming angst, so im happy to put off next book for a bit.

Leslie | 2430 comments Cant wait to hear your final thoughts Robin!!!

message 38: by Nay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments I also liked book 2 more than book 1, but loved them all! I read them in real time, so I had to wait between books!

Leslie | 2430 comments Nay, its so funny beause I constantly complain about series/cliffys and how I absolutely have to read them in sucession, blah, blah, blah.....and now I'm waiting!!! Hypocrite much?? Hee hee

I guess its different when I've made the decision. ;)

Fingers crossed your surgery comes up soon.

message 40: by Nay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Leslie--thanks! I really, really hope it does to! It's one of those things where every time my phone rings, I hope it's them, but I also don't hope it's them. It depends on if I'm more anxious or scared at that particular moment! lol

I'm the same way with series, and I've also started putting books off, even though I want to keep reading a series. I just have way too may books I want to read!

Robin Hill (robinhill) | 1525 comments Leslie wrote: "@40% - [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Robin Hill (robinhill) | 1525 comments Leslie wrote: "I'm at 75% and I'm not sure what I think of it. I'm guessing I will get more invested as story moves along. Two funny things though [spoilers removed]"

Yes! Loved the plate scene! She might oughta consider carrying those babies around with her.

Robin Hill (robinhill) | 1525 comments Leslie wrote: "@ 84% - [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 44: by Sharmi (new)

Sharmi | 2 comments can anyone tell me is there any cheating in the book??? and about there past sexual history. i mean why heroien is so afraid of bad boys and why hero don't do relationship??

Leslie | 2430 comments Sharmi wrote: "can anyone tell me is there any cheating in the book??? and about there past sexual history. i mean why heroien is so afraid of bad boys and why hero don't do relationship??"

Hi Sharmi! I'm not great at remembering details and not sure how much you want spoiled but (view spoiler)

I hope that helps!

message 46: by Sharmi (new)

Sharmi | 2 comments it was mention " Being insanely attracted to bad boys has never helped make it easier." so i really want to know about the past of danika and while in 3rd book during 6 years of gap were they with someone else.
and i am asking this again because just now i finished reading "love for war" series and i hated it. in that whole book what heroine did is cheating many more reason so please tell me so i can be sure i want to read it or not.

Leslie | 2430 comments Sharmi, I don't remember Danika's past...I dont think the book went into it. I also dont remember her being with anyone during separation. But...my recollection is spotty.

Can anyone else confirm? Sharmi needs some help. 😉

Tessa | 1761 comments (view spoiler)

message 49: by JudyCa (last edited Mar 08, 2019 02:22PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

JudyCa | 1707 comments I think Danika was with someone during that gap but I believe it happens off page and there's a crossover part with another book, I want to say Up In The Air, but not 100% sure...I don't remember too much about her past being mentioned either...there is that one part that Tessa talks about but I'd agree, no cheating otherwise... Tristan & Danika is one of my first loves! ❤️😂 Tons of angst, lots of sexy, just a train wreck you can't look away from...

Tessa | 1761 comments Yeah, anything by Danika happened with the Up in the Air series. :)

« previous 1

Maryse's Book Blog WolfPack/Bridesmaids Meeting...

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Rock Bottom (other topics)