Read with Tessa discussion

King's Cage (Red Queen, #3)
This topic is about King's Cage
Past Reads > King's Cage by Victoria Aveyard

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tessa (new)

Tessa (tessamoui) | 60 comments Mod
This month's surprise new release book is... King's Cage by Victoria Aveyard!

I know I mentioned that this year I was only going to include one book per month, but with this highly-anticipated-conclusion novel being released I just could not resist adding it to February's BOTM. I personally really like this series and I thought this was a great way to also introduce people to this series if they haven't read it yet! (hint: the giveaway this month might include all the books in the series - including novellas...) ♡

For those who've read it, what did you think of the book? Favourite/least favourite part? Favourite/least favourite characters?

Mridu  aka Storypals (mridu29) | 5 comments I liked Red queen but it was not something new for me and so continued with Glass sword but I was annoyed with Glass sword :/

Trisha  (The Tea Reader) (theteareader) | 7 comments I liked Red Queen, the characters, people say that it isn't that original that it was kind of a take on another story, I didn't have this issue, it's completely unique to me. I wasn't the biggest fan of Glass Sword when I read it when it came out last year, I'm hoping that King's Cage makes up for it.

coeur de samurai (coeurdesamurai) Actually, there is going to have a fourth book. x)
I don't know if I should read this one. I loved Red Queen despite its flaws but Glass Sword let me down. And honestly, I don't feel like reading 500 pages of a book with characters I don't care about anymore.
Tell me if it's worth it.

Shannon (mrsreadsbooks) I was fairly impressed with this book. Like many others have said, I really loved Red Queen but was not a fan of Glass Sword. It was slow, boring and long. But I really liked King's Cage; I was interested from the first chapter and for me it never got boring. It had a good mix of action and time where Mare is Maven's prisoner. I did not like the ending; I expected that it would be left open ended, as there is a 4th book and I assume final book being released next year. But I just didn't expect it to go the way it did. But overall, 4 stars and a big improvement from Glass Sword.

message 6: by Shannon (last edited Feb 16, 2017 01:47PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shannon (mrsreadsbooks) Mridu wrote: "I liked Red queen but it was not something new for me and so continued with Glass sword but I was annoyed with Glass sword :/"

I felt the same way but King's Cage redeemed the series for me, after the not so great Glass Sword.

coeur de samurai (coeurdesamurai) Shannon (Mrsreadsbooks) wrote: "I was fairly impressed with this book. Like many others have said, I really loved Red Queen but was not a fan of Glass Sword. It was slow, boring and long. But I really liked King's Cage; I was int..."

Okay I might give this book a chance if you say it's better than GS. Are the characters still annoying or do they become more complex? The only thing that can make me read this book is Mare dying. Lmao, I don't think I ever hated a character that much.

Madeline McGrath (madsmcgrath) I finished this a few weeks ago, and LOVED it!!! i was not crazy about the first 2 books NOT that i didn't like them, but i felt like i couldn't get into them.

Shannon (mrsreadsbooks) Yes I ended up really liking it as well. Loved Red Queen, not so much Glass Sword and really liked King's Cage:

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) I didn't end up getting to this, this month, but am going to binge the whole series in April :)