Read with Tessa discussion

Caraval (Caraval, #1)
This topic is about Caraval
Past Reads > Caraval by Stephanie Garber

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Tessa (tessamoui) | 60 comments Mod
February's BOTM is... Caraval by Stephanie Garber!
This books received nearly 100 votes in the poll last month (amazing!) so I hope you all enjoying reading/discussing it!

I will be updating my progress on the book and posting photos of this month's reads on this account and my Instagram account (@mouireads) throughout the month ♡

For those who've read it, what did you think of the book? Favourite/least favourite part? Favourite/least favourite characters?

Mridu  aka Storypals (mridu29) | 5 comments Awesome sauce I haven't started with the book as of now but will do soon and share my ideas and thoughts! :)

Mridu  aka Storypals (mridu29) | 5 comments Mridu wrote: "Awesome sauce I haven't started with the book as of now but will do soon and share my ideas and thoughts! :)"

Also thanks for the books! I was so happy to get them :D

Sage Knightly (sageknightly_) | 19 comments I really enjoyed Caraval! I ended up giving it 4.5 stars, mainly for how the emotions-are-colours thing was unexplained and how the ended seemed a bit abrupt. It was a great read for sure though!

Madeline McGrath (madsmcgrath) thank you so much for the books!! It made my day when I received them! <3

Cila (cicimags) | 24 comments I finally have time off to read this, but the first chapter already has me mesmerized! Absolutely can't wait to finish this book!

message 7: by Rai (new) - rated it 2 stars

Rai (raireads) | 30 comments Unfortunately, I really disliked 'Caraval' - I thought the writing was atrocious, the characters were terrible and annoying and I found the plot convoluted but inherently predictable. Add in the fact that there was no world building and that it's essentially a romance masquerading as a 'fantasy'. I was really looking forward to reading this one too which just adds to the disappointment. :(

Songbird Bookworm  | 4 comments I finally started it !! Granted ive only read the first chapter but i have to say im already intrigued....

message 9: by Cila (last edited Mar 04, 2017 09:23PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cila (cicimags) | 24 comments Finished this book yesterday! I started reading it on a three-hour plane ride and by the time we landed I had finished it, so needless to say it had me hooked till the end. Sadly I didn't give it a five star because the ending was just a little bit predictable and of course the cliffhanger at the end had me mulling a little; but overall I really enjoyed it; and needless to say I will be purchasing the second book as soon as it comes out because I desperately want to know more about Legend! :)

Songbird Bookworm  | 4 comments I have to say i was kinda annoyed by the ending ?? (view spoiler)

message 11: by Cila (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cila (cicimags) | 24 comments Ellie wrote: "I have to say i was kinda annoyed by the ending ?? [spoilers removed]"

I know, if something like that happened to me I would be pretty traumatized and exceedingly pissed.

Songbird Bookworm  | 4 comments 'Cila wrote: "Ellie wrote: "I have to say i was kinda annoyed by the ending ?? [spoilers removed]"

I know, if something like that happened to me I would be pretty traumatized and exceedingly pissed."

Exactly, thank you !! (view spoiler)