Christian Ladies Book Club discussion

The Prodigal > The Prodigal- Chapter 11 Discussion Question

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Britnie (new)

Britnie | 352 comments Mod
Do you think Tracy believes that he is sorry? Or does she think this is all just an act for the news papers?

message 2: by Britnie (new)

Britnie | 352 comments Mod
I think a little bit of both. At first when Jack and Tom are with the detective when they get to Boston, Ronnie(the detective), tells him that Tracy said if she sees one camera she will leave. That right there tells me she thinks this is a stunt. This is a way for Jack to start getting back into peoples good graces.

Once they meet and sit down for lunch, Tracy is obviously angry and doesn't try to hide it. I think as the conversation goes on she starts to get confused, not knowing what to think.

message 3: by Darlene (new)

Darlene I think she doesn't really care right now if he is sorry or not. She is still very angry - rightfully so. She clearly doesn't trust his motives because of exactly what you said about not wanting any cameras there. I believe deep down she knows how much he loves Alison and probably knows that he still loves her too, but her emotions are still too raw and I imagine it is hard for her to get past the anger right now.
I felt sorry for her that she found out about Tom because that certainly complicates things for her. She has compassion for him and I think she would like for him to be able to develop a relationship with his granddaughter before he dies, but she's still angry at Jack and doesn't want to give in to him. She is kind of in a position where she has to do the right thing even though she probably doesn't want to right now.

message 4: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Esparza | 119 comments I'm totally with both of you.....it's not that Tracy doesn't think Jack is sorry or isn't sorry. I think at that moment she could care less how he felt. She felt betrayed, hurt, and embarrassed. It's still so fresh too and they haven't had time to talk until that moment. Our minds can go on and on when we're angry about something and as we stay in our own thoughts, we just even angrier and more worked up about the situation. I'm sure between the moment she found out about Jack, up until they met for lunch, her heart probably continued to get hardened towards Jack. It's sad because I feel for Tracy.....I can't even begin to imagine what she must feel like. While at the same time, I hope that Jack continues to humble himself so he and Tracy can really talk things out and hopefully mend what was broken.

message 5: by Darlene (new)

Darlene I didn't even think about the embarrassment. How humiliating that would be to have this betrayal on display for the world to see and discuss.