Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

1/2986 (1/2986 #1)
This topic is about 1/2986
BOOK BESTIE: ARCHIVED > Pair #17: Alberto and Michelle (February Besties)

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new)

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5531 comments Pair #17: DYSTOPIA. Read a book off the Best Apocalyptic or Post-Apocalyptic YA Fiction List.
Alberto - Horror, Fantasy, Dystopia
and
Michelle - Dystopia, Urban Fantasy, Paranormal, Horror, Historical Fiction

Michelle | 1663 comments Hi Alberto...

I've read many off this list. Here are a few that I haven't that I wouldn't mind reading:

The Enemy (The Enemy, #1) by Charlie Higson Parable of the Sower (Earthseed, #1) by Octavia E. Butler Dark Life (Dark Life, #1) by Kat Falls Ashes, Ashes (Ashes, Ashes, #1) by Jo Treggiari 1/2986 (1/2986 #1) by Annelie Wendeberg Warm Bodies (Warm Bodies, #1) by Isaac Marion Wool (Wool, #1) by Hugh Howey

message 3: by Alberto (new)

Alberto (albertobalderass) | 575 comments Hey Michelle!

Loved your profile picture! Let me look into some of these and the list in general :)

message 4: by Alberto (new)

Alberto (albertobalderass) | 575 comments I saw these two that looked particularly good!

Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
Wither (The Chemical Garden, #1) by Lauren DeStefano

From the ones you selected I loved the premise of 1/2986 (1/2986 #1) by Annelie Wendeberg !

Michelle | 1663 comments I've read Fahrenheit 451.

So it's between Wither and 1/2986 or we can each read a book off the others shelves. I'm good with whatever.

message 6: by Alberto (new)

Alberto (albertobalderass) | 575 comments We could read one of the other's shelves. Do you have any you would like off mine?

Michelle | 1663 comments I didn't see anything that would go with the list. I've read quite a bit off the list. I'm good with either Wither or 1/2986.

Michelle | 1663 comments BTW if you have a kindle 1/2986 is free.

message 9: by Alberto (new)

Alberto (albertobalderass) | 575 comments Which one did you like the most?

BTW, I checked yesterday and today and it says it's not.

message 10: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Alberto, I just got mine free on Amazon one minute ago. It's currently 12:50 PM where I live so it should be free for you as well.

message 11: by Alberto (new)

Alberto (albertobalderass) | 575 comments That's so weird! Mine says it costs $4.16.

message 12: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new)

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5531 comments It's coming up free for me too at this link. Are you in a different country than the United States?

message 13: by Alberto (new)

Alberto (albertobalderass) | 575 comments I am accessing the US version as always. It says price is 4.40 but matchbook price is 0.00?

message 14: by Alberto (new)

Alberto (albertobalderass) | 575 comments I was finally able to get it. We can do that one :)

message 15: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Yay!!! Glad you got the free one, Alberto.

message 16: by Michelle (last edited Feb 06, 2017 06:19AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Michelle | 1663 comments Cool..I probably won't start it until next week. Is that ok with you?

message 17: by Alberto (new)

Alberto (albertobalderass) | 575 comments Michelle wrote: "Cool..I probably won't start it until next week. Is that ok with you?"

Sorry, hadn't seen this! And yeah, it's perfect! I still have to finish some :)

Michelle | 1663 comments I started 1/2986 (1/2986 #1) by Annelie Wendeberg last night. Here is what I have thought so far.

The Plot - I was a bit confused in the very beginning and was not sure what this was about, but as the book goes on you begin to get a better idea. Mika is beginning to understand that (view spoiler)

Mika - (view spoiler)

Runner (view spoiler)

Mika's parents - (view spoiler)

Michelle | 1663 comments I finished 1/2986 (1/2986 #1) by Annelie Wendeberg

I will wait for you to finish before I discuss anymore.

message 20: by Alberto (new)

Alberto (albertobalderass) | 575 comments I didn't get the notification at first, but I'll read it ASAP! :)

message 21: by Alberto (new)

Alberto (albertobalderass) | 575 comments I really tried to like it but I just couldn't. The language was just not my thing and I found it to be very stuffy and boring :(

Michelle | 1663 comments I'm sorry.