Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1)
This topic is about Graceling
BOOK BESTIE: ARCHIVED > Pair #13: Katriann and Kathryn (February Besties)

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new) - rated it 5 stars

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5533 comments Pair #13: DYSTOPIA/SCI-FI/FANTASY. Read a book off the Ultimate 5 Star YA Dystopia/Fantasy/Sci-Fi Reads of All Time List.

Katriann - Dystopia, Fantasy, Science Fiction
and
Kathryn - Science Fiction, Fantasy, Dystopia

Kathryn | 878 comments Hi, How are you? I'm looking forward to doing this challenge, I think the challenges on this group are so well thought out and I love participating in them.

I live in a comparatively small town thus my book options are limited to whatever the library has but I'm sure we can find something.

Katriann (annelisreadingroom) | 2190 comments Hey,

I'm fine thanks. How is your week going? I'm excited to try this challenge as I didn't participate last time. :) I also live in a rather small town. My library has a pretty good YA section, but most of the time they don't have the latest books.

Have you looked at the list we were given? I'm going to take a look at it and see if there are any books I have wanted to read. I will write here some suggestions after I look at the list. You can also tell me if there is a book on the list that you know you can get your hands on and would like to read. :)

Katriann (annelisreadingroom) | 2190 comments Okay, I went through the first two pages of the list and here are some books I haven't read, but would like to read:

Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Clare Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1) by Kristin Cashore The 5th Wave (The 5th Wave, #1) by Rick Yancey Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater Incarceron (Incarceron, #1) by Catherine Fisher

Are any of these on your tbr list? If these don't work for you or there is something else you would like to read, don't hesitate to tell me. There are many other books on that list that I'm interested in, so these are just ideas that first popped into my mind. :)

message 5: by Kathryn (last edited Jan 31, 2017 11:49PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kathryn | 878 comments My week has been good. I have read both the 5th wave and Cinder (I defiantly recommend them both to you)

I looked on the list, and these are the ones I can get.
Enclave (Razorland, #1) by Ann Aguirre Uglies (Uglies, #1) by Scott Westerfeld Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1) by Kristin Cashore Leviathan (Leviathan, #1) by Scott Westerfeld Defiance (Defiance #1) by C.J. Redwine

Graceling would be good with me if you are Keen. :-)

Katriann (annelisreadingroom) | 2190 comments I'm good with Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1) by Kristin Cashore as I own a copy but Uglies (Uglies, #1) by Scott Westerfeld is also on my tbr and I should be able to get it from the library. Which one would you prefer? My library also has Leviathan but it's not available right now, so I would prefer Uglies or Graceling.

Kathryn | 878 comments OK Graceling it is then :-) I should be able to get it from the library today (as long as no one gets it out before me)

Katriann (annelisreadingroom) | 2190 comments Okay great. :) Let me know if you can't get it and we'll read something else.

Kathryn | 878 comments Got the book out and am going to start reading it soon :-)

Katriann (annelisreadingroom) | 2190 comments Great! I will probably start in a couple of days. I want to finish Days of Blood & Starlight (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #2) by Laini Taylor before I start this one. :)

Katriann (annelisreadingroom) | 2190 comments Hey, have you already started reading Graceling? I'm going to start today. I'll be traveling today, so I hope to get some reading done in the train. :)

message 12: by Kathryn (last edited Feb 07, 2017 03:09PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kathryn | 878 comments Hi, Yea I've started, I'm about 1/3 of the way though, so far its really good. Hope your trip goes well.

Here are some of my thoughts so far :-)

Chapter 10 (view spoiler)

Chapter 11 (view spoiler)

Chapter 14 (view spoiler)

Chapter 16 on to atleast Chapter 22 (view spoiler)

Katriann (annelisreadingroom) | 2190 comments I have read the first ten chapters and so far I like this book a lot. I will probably make quite slow progress because of school assignments and library books that I need to finish. Hope it's okay.

I love it that (view spoiler)

Kathryn | 878 comments Yea the eyes are a cool concept, that hasn't been done in many books. I really like the way the graces work, it's quite original

Kathryn | 878 comments Chapter 25 (view spoiler)

Chapter 28 (view spoiler)

Chapter 32 (view spoiler)

Katriann (annelisreadingroom) | 2190 comments 17 chapters

I also (view spoiler)

I like (view spoiler)

I'm sorry I'm making such slow progress. I have to read six novels before March 17th because I study literature at university. I've been kind of preoccupied with those books, but I hope to catch up with Graceling soon because I really like it and want to finish it. :D

Kathryn | 878 comments Hey no problems, I don't get alot of time to read during school either, so I totally get it :-). I really like both Po and Kasta :-)

End of Chapter 34 (view spoiler)

Chapter 35 (view spoiler)

Chapter 37 (view spoiler)

message 18: by Katriann (last edited Feb 17, 2017 07:47AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Katriann (annelisreadingroom) | 2190 comments 25 chapters

I definitely agree (view spoiler)

King Leck (view spoiler)

I just (view spoiler)

I'm totally with you (view spoiler)

Kathryn | 878 comments Hey, glad you enjoying the book, you still have some really awesome parts to go and I would love to see what you thought of them :-)

Katriann (annelisreadingroom) | 2190 comments Kathryn wrote: "Hey, glad you enjoying the book, you still have some really awesome parts to go and I would love to see what you thought of them :-)"

That's nice to hear. I'm looking forward to those awesome parts. :) I'm determined to finish this book before I travel to Spain next weekend.

Kathryn | 878 comments Oh wow, have you been to Spain before? I've never been out of little old New Zealand (Although I'm hoping to go to Korea (South) later this year)

message 22: by Katriann (last edited Feb 21, 2017 07:43AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Katriann (annelisreadingroom) | 2190 comments Yeah, I've actually been to Spain twice before but it's been a different city every time. :) I live in Europe, so traveling to other European countries is quite easy and affordable for me. I would like to visit New Zealand, though. It's actually one of the countries I'm considering doing my mandatory internship in.

33 chapters

I wonder (view spoiler)

I don't know, (view spoiler)

I'm curious to (view spoiler)

message 23: by Katriann (last edited Feb 22, 2017 06:10AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Katriann (annelisreadingroom) | 2190 comments Okay, finished.

It was kind of surprising, (view spoiler)

I'm not sure, (view spoiler)

Anyway, I liked this book a lot. I liked all the main characters as well as the storyline. I will probably read the second book sometime in the future if I happen to get my hands on it somehow. :)

Kathryn | 878 comments Yea I agree about Po, and surly someone graced could heal him anyway it's not that big of a deal. I also agree about the king.

But I did overall like this book lots and I will also be trying to get my hands on the second one. It seems like the second book doesn't have Kasta or Po in but king Leck so it might be a prequel kind of thing where it explains Leck's background. Hopefully it's just as good, if not better.

Enjoy your trip to Spain

Katriann (annelisreadingroom) | 2190 comments Kathryn wrote: "Yea I agree about Po, and surly someone graced could heal him anyway it's not that big of a deal. I also agree about the king.

But I did overall like this book lots and I will also be trying to g..."

Yes, I noticed that too. (view spoiler)

And thank you, I hope it will be a nice trip.