The Chosen One Arches School discussion

Favorite Book?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Spencer (last edited Jan 31, 2017 01:10PM) (new)

Spencer | 11 comments Mod
What is your favorite book? And why?

message 2: by Mia (new)

Mia Nguyen | 10 comments Probably Harry Potter series! It's just wonderful how amazing these books are :) And my favorite character is Severus Snap! And I also like Where The Red Fern Grow and the Twilight series (team Edward!). I read A LOT so if you have any suggestions.... And what is YOUR favorite book (or books)? It's nice to get to know you :)

message 3: by Capri (new)

Capri G. | 8 comments I love the lord of the rings/ the hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien and Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling. I like these books because they are super descriptive and are fun and adventurous. I also love "little women" by Louisa May Alcott it has been one of my favorites ever since I was little. I also enjoy reading history books about important events such as the Titanic. I am very excited to read this book! :)

message 4: by Allie (last edited Feb 01, 2017 11:08AM) (new)

Allie Gordon | 7 comments I love harry potter, and the fault in our stars. I like these books because the fault in our stars is just really good, and I love harry potter because I love J.K. rollings books and I love the kind of intense thriller to it. :)

message 5: by Spencer (new)

Spencer | 11 comments Mod
Awesome books! I enjoy those books too. I like Ulysses and The Dubliners by James Joyce. James Joyce is one of the fathers of the Stream of Consciousness narrative. A few thing he does is challenge social problems and play with words.

message 6: by MariahFuller (new)

MariahFuller | 10 comments Those are some great books! I love to read as well, so I have a hard time picking just one favorite, but a couple books that have left a real impact on me would be The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton, and The Theif by Megan Whalen Turner. The Outsiders changed my idea of what makes up a good story, and who the main character should be. The Theif has is a fun read with an interesting plot twist. It really shows how the author has full control to what is revealed to the reader and how different perspectives can change the whole story. They both are fun to read and have great characters!

message 7: by Mia (new)

Mia Nguyen | 10 comments I love The Outsider! And I'll try to Ulysses and The Dubliners next time. And can we get the reading schedule? It's great to know you guys!

message 8: by MariahFuller (new)

MariahFuller | 10 comments Hey Mia, I posted the reading schedule on Thursday, and I posted a discussion topic for today. If you're not able to see those, let me know and I'll look into a fix.

message 9: by Mia (new)

Mia Nguyen | 10 comments I got the schedule :) thank you!