Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

Stitching Snow
This topic is about Stitching Snow
BOOK BESTIE: ARCHIVED > Pair #10: Nancy85 and Dory (February Besties)

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new)

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5510 comments Pair #10: SCIENCE FICTION. Read a book off the Best YA Sci-Fi/Space Opera List.
Nancy 85 - Fantasy, Science Fiction, Mystery
and
Dory - Contemporary, Fantasy, Science Fiction, Coming of Age

message 2: by Dory (new) - added it

Dory (fishthatreads) | 377 comments Hi!

I have already read these:
Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2) by Marissa Meyer Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3) by Marissa Meyer The 5th Wave (The 5th Wave, #1) by Rick Yancey Illuminae (The Illuminae Files, #1) by Amie Kaufman Fairest (The Lunar Chronicles, #3.5) by Marissa Meyer These Broken Stars (Starbound, #1) by Amie Kaufman Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi

And I am interested in these:
The Infinite Sea (The 5th Wave, #2) by Rick Yancey This Shattered World (Starbound, #2) by Amie Kaufman Spinning Starlight by R.C. Lewis Stitching Snow by R.C. Lewis

Nancy85 (nancymarie85) | 4907 comments Hi Dory. Thank for the friend request.

Nancy85 (nancymarie85) | 4907 comments I've read: Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3) by Marissa Meyer Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2) by Marissa Meyer Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1) by Beth Revis The 5th Wave (The 5th Wave, #1) by Rick Yancey The Infinite Sea (The 5th Wave, #2) by Rick Yancey Illuminae (The Illuminae Files, #1) by Amie Kaufman Fairest (The Lunar Chronicles, #3.5) by Marissa Meyer and Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi

I'm interested in:
These Broken Stars (Starbound, #1) by Amie Kaufman Spinning Starlight by R.C. Lewis Stitching Snow by R.C. Lewis Ender's Game (Ender's Saga, #1) by Orson Scott Card

message 5: by Maddie (new)

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 12029 comments Sorry to pop in. Nancy, do you want to sprint in 15 minutes? I really want to. Like really badly!

Nancy85 (nancymarie85) | 4907 comments I would like too. Which one?

message 7: by Maddie (new)

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 12029 comments Just post wherever XD I brb.

message 8: by Dory (new) - added it

Dory (fishthatreads) | 377 comments okay...

So overlaying the books we are interested in, it's either Spinning Starlight or Stitching Snow, personally, I'd prefer Stitching Snow because a lot of my goodreads friends preach its greatness!

Nancy85 (nancymarie85) | 4907 comments that sounds good to me. when do you want to start?

message 10: by Dory (new) - added it

Dory (fishthatreads) | 377 comments I'm currently in the middle of The Winners Kiss, I don't want to read two books at once and divide my focus, maybe in a few days?

Nancy85 (nancymarie85) | 4907 comments sure. just let me know.

message 12: by Dory (new) - added it

Dory (fishthatreads) | 377 comments SORRY FOR TAKING SO LONG! i finished my book last night and ready to start stitching snow tonight if you want :)

Nancy85 (nancymarie85) | 4907 comments I'll start it tomorrow if that is ok. How many chapters are we going to read before discussing?

message 14: by Dory (new) - added it

Dory (fishthatreads) | 377 comments I replied a few days ago but looks like I forgot to hit send. I'm on page 95. I can wait for you to catch up if you want. the amount of chapters is up to you. my last few was read and comment page and discuss it in spoilers

Nancy85 (nancymarie85) | 4907 comments Chapters 1-5 (view spoiler) Going to read some more tonight. Can't wait to see what you think of it so far.

Nancy85 (nancymarie85) | 4907 comments Chapters 6-10 (view spoiler)

Nancy85 (nancymarie85) | 4907 comments (view spoiler)

Nancy85 (nancymarie85) | 4907 comments Chapter 16 (view spoiler)

message 19: by Dory (new) - added it

Dory (fishthatreads) | 377 comments Nancy85 wrote: "Chapters 1-5 [spoilers removed] Going to read some more tonight. Can't wait to see what you think of it so far."

I was really confused starting too. They call the robots drones which makes me think of everyday drones, yet they still have so many tools that it makes me think of something like Iko from The Lunar Chronicles

message 20: by Dory (new) - added it

Dory (fishthatreads) | 377 comments Nancy85 wrote: "Chapters 6-10 [spoilers removed]"

I DID NOT SEE IT COMING! As soon as he took her I was expecting Stockholm syndrome to start kicking in due to how she acted with him before. I too wonder how she got kidnapped and why. I just found out that she left on her own at nine years old. (Chapter 11)

Nancy85 (nancymarie85) | 4907 comments Chapter 17 (view spoiler)

Nancy85 (nancymarie85) | 4907 comments Last entry for tonight (view spoiler)

Nancy85 (nancymarie85) | 4907 comments Chapter 27 (view spoiler)

Nancy85 (nancymarie85) | 4907 comments Finished: (view spoiler)

Thank you for reading this with me Dory. I enjoyed it and hope you did too and I'm sorry that I finished first.

message 27: by Dory (new) - added it

Dory (fishthatreads) | 377 comments I finished the book last night :) It was nice, still, need to gather my thoughts for a review.

Reply to your comments:

It was pretty seeing them falling in love really fast, and as soon as Dan e knew that Essie was endangered then he lets his emotions fly.

Queen Olivia is so easy to hate. I'm so confused as to why did the king marry her and how did the public let that happen, also what a silly king for not noticing that she wanted to kill Essie/Snow. Also, for Essie being gone for so long, I'm surprised that Olivia didn't have children to secure the throne in her bloodline if Essie never came back.

I was also really sad when they found out Danes father didn't last long. Then again they had no communication with the prisoners and the whole voice stealing thing, sad.

WHAT DID HER FATHER WANT TO DO TO HER?!? Did he rape her as a child? That scene wasn't clear at all. Something with cages was mentioned too and really threw me off.

Them being proposed was really quick, but they did say that the engagement would last really long.

I really enjoyed this book too, it was on my TBR, but the beginning wasn't as interesting and seemed really simple until Dane took her.

I wish there were some examples of her mother's drawings, that would've been sweet. Also, can you remind me how her mother died?

Nancy85 (nancymarie85) | 4907 comments I can't remember. I can't remember if it was mentioned in the book.