The Bookworm Challenge discussion

23 views
2017 MONTHLY SPECIALS > February Special: Short Stories or Poetry

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Connie (new)

Connie Cote | 430 comments As February is a short month, let's read short stories. This month's special challenge will be to read anthologies of short stories or poetry.


message 4: by Kaitlin (last edited Feb 15, 2017 11:42AM) (new)


message 6: by Veronique (last edited Mar 01, 2017 07:49AM) (new)


message 7: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Douglass (rdouglass) | 379 comments I usually do well to get one in a monthly special.

Short stories or essays, and sometimes eloquent enough to be poetry, if poetry can make you laugh out loud:
Mama Makes Up Her Mind and Other Dangers of Southern Living


message 8: by Melki (new)

Melki Rebecca wrote: "I usually do well to get one in a monthly special.

Short stories or essays, and sometimes eloquent enough to be poetry, if poetry can make you laugh out loud:
[book:Mama Makes Up Her Mind and Othe..."


LOVED that one!


message 9: by Melki (last edited Feb 28, 2017 06:37AM) (new)


message 10: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Douglass (rdouglass) | 379 comments Melki wrote: "Rebecca wrote: "I usually do well to get one in a monthly special.

Short stories or essays, and sometimes eloquent enough to be poetry, if poetry can make you laugh out loud:
[book:Mama Makes Up H..."

I'm a huge fan. Did you ever hear her way back when she used to do those pieces on NPR?


message 11: by Melki (new)

Melki Rebecca wrote: "I'm a huge fan. Did you ever hear her way back when she used to do those pieces on NPR? "

No, I've only ever read her books, and I have to admit that none of them were as good as Mama.


message 13: by Sam (new)

Sam (ecowitch) | 259 comments And I've got one!

1. Tales & Poems of Edgar Allan Poe


message 15: by Cathy (new)


message 16: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (stephanie-somanybooks) | 624 comments Mod
Lori wrote: "Lori's short story challenge.
Perfect little Angel: A short story. Rebecca McNutt"


Hi Lori, this challenge was only for the month of February. Maybe you can use this one for one of the year-long challenges, like 7 Continents?


message 17: by Lori (new)

Lori | 15 comments Oh. Sorry! No problem. I'll delete it. Thanks for the info.


back to top