S P A C E ; advanced discussion

general « > » questions / suggestions

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by kaya (new)

kaya (ananats) | 225 comments Mod
if you have any queries or advice, feel free to ask / suggest here. don't be shy, i'm not going to eat your head off.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

idk if i missed this because i'm a dummy, but what is the age range of student characters?

message 3: by kaya (new)

idk if i actually put it in, but it's anywhere between 14 and 25 typically, but can go up to 27 which is super unlikely

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

got it, thanks! :)

message 5: by juno. (new)

juno. (junosummers) | 149 comments how many years do students usually train for at the academy ? i kinda want to make a character where their only living parent was working with the academy and died when she was pretty young so the academy sort of took her in, in the sense that they become her legal guardian (if that's possible) ?

message 6: by kaya (new)

well it's basically they're there until they graduate or fail, the average length of time a student would be there would be around five years (18-23), but they can graduate in three years if they take extra subjects to get ahead, and they can take as long as eleven years (14-25 to 16-27) if they're lazy/disobedient/fail one subject and have to repeat.
if they had no other living relatives, then it's entirely possible that one or all of the heads might decide to care for them, but if they had living relatives then they'd probably get legal custody of the child.

message 7: by juno. (new)

juno. (junosummers) | 149 comments thank you thank you !! i'll just write up her character history and you can do with her as you see fit.

anyway, another question; are there aliens in this rp or nah ?

message 8: by kaya (new)

currently, no aliens. if it gets to a point where they're exploring exoplanets, then i might include a few species of aliens, but for now we'll stick with humans and bacteria in space.

message 9: by juno. (new)

juno. (junosummers) | 149 comments aight !!! thank u thank u !

message 10: by kaya (new)

yeah, there is. squadron a is the top students in the sector, same with battalion 1, and c and 5 are the least-skilled.

message 11: by juno. (new)

juno. (junosummers) | 149 comments question: how do you come up with a student id number ?

message 12: by kaya (new)

shad ; for the purposes of this roleplay, not unless you swap the claim over to that squadron, but in the past they could have. you can also drop down a squadron.
obviously if all the spots in all the squadrons are filled then you'll have to swap with someone

juno ; six digits from 0-9 ( able to double up ), in any order. as long as the number hasn't been used. can have significance if you want it to, but they don't choose it themselves so it's unlikely.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

can i suggest a gossip/rumor thread? ya'know, for kids from one sector to start shit about another, or kids from low squadrons throwing shade at the higher ones, etc.

message 14: by kaya (new)

oooh yes that's a great idea

message 15: by dyanne (new)

dyanne | 69 comments could we maybe have a fangirling thread i am dying

message 16: by kaya (new)

on it

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ | 9 comments For the rp example, does it have to be something we come up with for one of our characters here, or can it be from any rp?

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm not Kaya, but when I submitted mine it was an old post from another rp and it was accepted :)

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ | 9 comments Good to know, thanks Aubree!

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

ah sorry this is a very stupid question but my brain is dead and i'm too lazy to try and figure out on my own, but do you need to make a request first to make a character, or are there some that don't need to be requested?

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

you have to request all of them... there are more openings for some positions than others though

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

okie, thanks :)

message 23: by kaya (new)

thanks for answering those questions, bree.

message 24: by juno. (new)

juno. (junosummers) | 149 comments question: does each person in a squadron get their own ship to fly (i almost called it starfighter for some reason ???)?

message 25: by kaya (new)

well the ships belong to insa, but they're each assigned a specific ship ( around the size of an x-wing, if that helps ). they're not allowed to fly their own ships unless they have the correct license ( which can be obtained at either 18, 20 or 21 depending on the size and power of the ship ).

message 26: by juno. (new)

juno. (junosummers) | 149 comments so they'd all train to be pilots?

message 27: by E (new)

E How long would it be before more positions open up?

message 28: by kaya (new)

@juno ; yep

@E ; i'm sorry? i don't understand

message 29: by E (new)

E Sorry should've asked better. Will more positions be added, as in first battalion etc., and if so when will they be added?

message 30: by kaya (new)

the number of people in each battalion/squadron is fixed – no more are going to be added. as for the battalions themselves, if they are all filled, a 6th will be added, etc. etc. ad infinitum. for the other two sectors, no more claims are going to be added until the sun sector is full, because it is supposed to be the largest.

message 31: by juno. (new)

juno. (junosummers) | 149 comments does insa provide scholarships ?

message 32: by dyanne (new)

dyanne | 69 comments wait i'm wondering, is insa an international academy? so hypothetically a character could've learned english as a second language?

message 33: by kaya (last edited Feb 10, 2017 11:38AM) (new)

juno: i'm thinking school fees are really cheap bc it's international so they can pester all the governments for money, but they're really picky about who they accept.
fees would be something like:
• "voluntary" contribution – 75 USD per year
• ship insurance + stuff ( only collins ) – 100 USD per year
• science fee ( in case you break stuff ) – 5 USD per year
• equipment fee – 20 USD per year

dy: yes and yes.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

may i request a library thread?

message 35: by kaya (new)

that would go in thread request (that does exist, right? i'm not imagining things?), but yeah

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

i didn't see one?

message 37: by kaya (new)

here

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

ah, sorry, i didn't see that folder

message 39: by kaya (new)

it's ok, it's kind of hidden under the character creation

Elizabeth ♛Smart Girls Love Trashy Books♛  (pinkhairedwannabe) Are there any more pilot spots open? And if not when will more get opened?

message 41: by kaya (new)

no and no more will be opened until the other two sectors are full and all characters have been created