All About Books discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Past Posts > Recommendation Swap - February Partners

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shirley (new)

Shirley | 4177 comments Sorry this is so late, but here are the February partners at last!

B the Book Addict will recommend to Free
Heather will recommend to Alannah
Free will recommend to Terri
Laura T will recommend to June
Heather (mod) will recommend to Hannah
Gemma will recommend to B The Book Addict
John of Canada will recommend to Heather
Diane S will recommend to Gemma
Leslie will recommend to Sam
Jim will recommend to Laura T
Hannah will recommend to Leslie
Sam will recommend to Heather (Mod)
Alannah will recommend to Diane S
Terri will recommend to John of Canada
June will recommend to Jim

Please can you send your recommendations as soon as you can - and again I do apologise this is so late!!

message 2: by Heather (new)

Heather | 571 comments On the ball this time... already sent my recommendation to Alannah!

message 3: by Alannah (new)

Alannah Clarke (alannahclarke) | 11717 comments Mod
Already bought my book and sent my recommendation to Diane.

message 4: by Diane S ☔ (new)

Diane S ☔ Received Alannahs and sent mine to Gemma. Thanks, Alannah.

message 5: by John of Canada (new)

John of Canada (johnofcanada) | 275 comments Sent my recommendations to Heather.Btw thanks Shirley.

message 6: by June (new)

June | 168 comments I have sent my recommendation to Jim.

message 7: by Sam (new)

Sam | 68 comments Sent my recommendations to Heather (mod).

message 8: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 15985 comments I have received my recommendation from Hannah and will be sending mine to Sam momentarily.

message 9: by Heather (new)

Heather | 571 comments Got mine from John & already downloaded it!

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Just sent my recommendations to John of Canada.

message 11: by B the BookAddict (new)

B the BookAddict (bthebookaddict) | 8315 comments Gemma picked When God Was a Rabbit by Sarah Winman for me. I had it marked as read (must have been a mistake) but have absolutely no memory of it. Am very interested in this choice.

I've sent my selection to Free which I picked from her TBR.

message 12: by Gemma (new)

Gemma (gemmagem20) | 455 comments Sorry B. I didn't realised you'd marked it as Read. You have a lot of books on your shelves ;) if you read a bit and discover you have read it, let me know and I'll chose another if you want me to. I really enjoyed it.

message 13: by LauraT (new)

LauraT (laurata) | 13217 comments Mod
Bit complicated for me these days, but I'll put my head into it this coming week end! Wait for me June!

message 14: by B the BookAddict (new)

B the BookAddict (bthebookaddict) | 8315 comments Gemma, I am very happy to read it now; I really do not recall reading it so my 'Read' must have been a boo-boo. I probably hit Read instead of WTR.

message 15: by John of Canada (new)

John of Canada (johnofcanada) | 275 comments Just received a great list from Terri.I will be reading The Doubters Almanac.

message 16: by Jim (new)

Jim Townsend | 234 comments Sent my recommendation to LauraT.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

I got my recommendation from Free and will be reading The Secret Swan. Looking forward to it.

message 18: by LauraT (last edited Feb 03, 2017 12:49AM) (new)

Sent and received my recomendations. I've accepted Jim's suggestion - sort of reprimand for not having already read Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift at my age and with my degree!!! - and sent three titles to June - hope she'll like at least one of them!

message 19: by Free (new)

Free (freemaned) | 82 comments I have received my recommendation to read the hand that first held mine by B

message 20: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 15985 comments LauraT wrote: "Sent and received my recomendations. I've accepted Jim's suggestion - sort of reprimand for not having already read Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift at my age and with..."

My experience with that is that I bogged down early on but really liked the final sections. I just mentioned it in case you also find some of the earlier bits less than enjoyable (but hopefully you won't).

message 21: by LauraT (new)

Thanks Leslie; I'll keep it in mind.
I think I'm going to read it in March though! At the moment I've got too many books around I need time to "shoot them out of the way"!

message 22: by Heather (new)

Heather | 571 comments Just put my review on the 'what did you think' thread - thanks for the fantastic recommendation John!

message 23: by John of Canada (new)

John of Canada (johnofcanada) | 275 comments Heather wrote: "Just put my review on the 'what did you think' thread - thanks for the fantastic recommendation John!"

I am so happy that you enjoyed it Heather.One of my favourites!

message 24: by June (new)

June | 168 comments I've finally decided on my book- The Shape of Water by Andrea Camerilli. Heading over to Sicily for a galli. Hope I spelt that right. Thanks LauraT.

message 25: by Greg (new)

Greg | 7496 comments Mod
June wrote: "I've finally decided on my book- The Shape of Water by Andrea Camerilli. Heading over to Sicily for a galli. Hope I spelt that right. Thanks LauraT."

Hope you enjoy it June!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.