Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

Leviathan (Leviathan, #1)
This topic is about Leviathan
BLIND DATE: ARCHIVED > ✖️Pair F: Nicole and Jessie (Saffity) (February 2017)

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (last edited Feb 28, 2017 05:11PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5517 comments Pair F: Kiki Nicole and Jessie (Saffity)

CHALLENGE 11

Genre: Adventure
Cover: One Person
Plot: Travel
Title: One Word
Name: Veronica or Christopher
Setting: Fantasy World or pub. 2011
Hidden Words: strong, hand, blue, faith, place

descriptiondescription

Jessie (Saffity) (saffity) | 563 comments Ok... going through some options for books, these are a couple of options I saw in the lists, but I'm totally open to something else.

Leviathan (Leviathan, #1) by Scott Westerfeld

Genre: Adventure 1 pt
Cover: One Person 2 pts
Plot: Travel 3 pts
Title: One Word 4 pts
Hidden Words: 5 pts

Total: 15 pts

East by Edith Pattou

Genre: Adventure 1 pt
Cover: One Person 2 pts
Plot: Travel 3 pts
Title: One Word 4 pts
Setting: Fantasy World 6 pts
Hidden words: 5 pts

Total: 21 pts

Jessie (Saffity) (saffity) | 563 comments Hey Kiki, any idea which book you'd like to read? We don't have to do the ones I suggested, it can be any book.

message 4: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new) - rated it 4 stars

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5517 comments Hi! I'm trying to read a lot of books right now so Leviathan would probably be best with me if you're ok with that. I own it but have never gotten around to reading it

Jessie (Saffity) (saffity) | 563 comments Sounds good to me!! I'm good to start it later in the month so you can get other books read :)

message 6: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new) - rated it 4 stars

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5517 comments How about February 20th? Does that sound all right?

Jessie (Saffity) (saffity) | 563 comments Sounds good to me!!

message 8: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new) - rated it 4 stars

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5517 comments Okay! I'll put it on the books :)

message 9: by Kiki (new)

Kiki (kiki_west) | 24 comments Sorry I haven't replied! I'm in the middle of a move - life is hectic. I hope you found someone to join you!!

message 10: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new) - rated it 4 stars

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5517 comments Kiki wrote: "Sorry I haven't replied! I'm in the middle of a move - life is hectic. I hope you found someone to join you!!"

If you'd like to re-join us, we plan to read Leviathan starting the 20th!

message 11: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new) - rated it 4 stars

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5517 comments Totally forgot we were starting this the 20th! Do you have a copy and want to start now? Doesn't look like too difficult of a read

message 12: by Kiki (new)

Kiki (kiki_west) | 24 comments I don't have a copy /: I'll just join in on next months challenge!

Jessie (Saffity) (saffity) | 563 comments I have a copy and can totally start if you'd like.

message 14: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new) - rated it 4 stars

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5517 comments Awesome! Let's do it! I'll update about the first few chapters tomorrow.

message 15: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new) - rated it 4 stars

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5517 comments I'm liking it so far (in Chapter Ten), but I think I like Deryn's story better than Alek's. I'm more interested in the creatures than the clankers. I've just met the book's namesake, the Leviathan, and it's so cool! I'm hoping we get more, and I'm assuming we will since (view spoiler)

I think maybe Alek's story will be more interesting when we know what the secret is. His fate is just too shrouded in mystery for my liking right now. Plus I grew up loving "girl disguised as boy" stories, so I think that hits a certain soft spot for me where Deryn is concerned.

Jessie (Saffity) (saffity) | 563 comments I'm 3 chapters in, so just met Deryn, I love that it's alternative history!! I'll have more to freak out about tonight.

message 17: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new) - rated it 4 stars

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5517 comments I'm in Chapter 19.

I like the pictures that are every so often. (view spoiler)

Is it just me or is the story pretty slow moving? Like I feel like the whole time I'm reading I'm waiting for something big to happen.

message 18: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new) - rated it 4 stars

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5517 comments Through Chapter Thirty-Six.

Deryn and Alek: (view spoiler)

message 19: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new) - rated it 4 stars

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5517 comments I finished but I'm too tired to write any more about it now. I'll try to write a proper review tomorrow if I remember!

message 20: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new) - rated it 4 stars

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5517 comments Did you ever finish reading this one? I forgot to make a proper review, and at this point I don't feel like it lol. But I do think I'll continue on in this series!

Jessie (Saffity) (saffity) | 563 comments I'm still working on it, my weekend was super busy, but I hope to get done in the next day.