Honors 10 (5) discussion

Update #1

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eric (new)

Eric For update number one, please describe the characters and identify the point of view.

message 2: by Eric (new)

Eric Update #2: Please detail the setting (time and place) of the story. Is the setting important to the story? Could another setting work for the story? i.e. modern time?...a different place or circumstance?

message 3: by Grace (new)

Grace Smith | 1 comments It is August 6, 1945 (occasion), this is the day that the world changed forever. On August 6, 1945, the United States basically started World War 2, by dropping an atomic bomb on Hiroshima. Although Japan dropped a bomb on Pearl Harbor, this was when full on warfare began.

Historically this is one of the most unforgettable days in history. It changed our world forever. It affected everyone in the books lives. Although not all Americans wanted/knew the bomb was going to drop, it would be hard for anyone to not feel some hatred towards Americans. With where the story occurs, the culture influences the way everyone reacts and feels after the bomb was dropped. What I'm saying is that so many people died, that even if you lived I feel like you would wish you didn't, most people that you love and know are gone now, and everything you own was destroyed. Considering the time period, they didn't have near as much technology as we do now, and so rebuilding/starting over would be so much harder, than it is now.