Perustopia Book Club discussion

Do you annotate your books?

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ruby (last edited Jan 31, 2017 09:29AM) (new)

Ruby (lostinwords2412) | 14 comments Do you annotate your books??? What I mean is that do your write your thoughts while reading or tab the pages? Not for school or anything, just for fun.

I'm thinking about doing this because I don't really care if my books aren't pristine or not in the same edition. I just want to read the story and I always have thoughts about the characters, plot and writing style, some of which are quite amusing! haha. I like to make my personal library my own. Let me know what you think about annotating your books and if you like to keep your books in perfect condition or not! :)

message 2: by max (new)

max (readingcourt) I don't but it sounds interesting so maybe soon.

message 3: by Yasmin (new)

Yasmin Halliwell Fraser Bower | 297 comments This is a touchy subject because some people really hate to do that. I tend to mark the pages whith something that I like or that I would like to find easily in the future. My favs books have little pencil notes, like one word or phrase that came to mind while reading, but in general I don't tend to write because I'm always travelling, so it's annoying to write in the bus xD

coeur de samurai (coeurdesamurai) | 71 comments yes i often do that when i have a pencil but since i read most of my books in the subway i forget to annotate them

message 5: by ☼ fleur ☼ (new)

☼ fleur ☼ (fleurbooks) | 44 comments I don't, but I guess I overthink it and end up writing nothing. I get stressed out about making it really interesting, and pretty to look at. So in the end it's probably better if I don't haha

message 6: by amina (new)

amina (amina_) i always put post it's on scenes that I like or like beautiful quotes or so

message 7: by Cal (new)

Cal  (Cal's Reading Corner) (calsreadingcorner) | 18 comments On a Kindle, sure if I like the book or need notes for how awful it is.

For Cassie Clare's books, I have a separate note book to write down page numbers and a few quick notes.

Besides that, noooooooo.

message 8: by Iris (new)

Iris Bratton (b-ratton) I keep a notebook where I can write my thoughts or favorite quotes from books. My books still stay in nice condition and I still get my thoughts or on paper.

message 9: by Ruby (new)

Ruby (lostinwords2412) | 14 comments I like the idea of writing down your idea in a book. Thanks for the help!!!

message 10: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (saraheleanor) | 15 comments I want to get into doing this, but I can't collect my thoughts well enough to write something

message 11: by Ilsen (new)

Ilsen Leon | 80 comments I want to do this with little post it notes when I'm rereading or maybe with a notebook like someone said

message 12: by Amelia (new)

Amelia RR (amelia2612) | 13 comments Yes, I believe it makes them more personal that way.

message 13: by Lilee (new)

Lilee | 15 comments Nooooo, its such a pet peeve especially when I rent out textbooks for school and theyre all marked up but Im a perfectionist so thats really why it bothers me. To each their own though tbh. If I feel like writing something down I just use a post it note.

message 14: by Holly (new)

Holly I do with my books of school or poetry books but not regular books written in prose (unless i see fit) !!! (:

message 15: by Mac (new)

Mac (excessiveannotations) No :/

message 16: by Vaibhavi (new)

Vaibhavi Hemasundar Yes!!

I buy a lot of used books, so I don't really feel guilty about annotating in those. It actually feels really satisfying to me to see all my thoughts down on the page. In the rare instances that I buy a book new, I won't annotate it but will most likely use post-it notes instead (and a LOT of them). I don't know. It just feels like a more personal experience, at least for me.

message 17: by Gina (new)

Gina (readbygina) | 76 comments I always aspire to do so but then when I'm reading I'm usually so into the story that I don't think of doing it.

message 18: by Adriana (new)

Adriana (bluekitten982) I've never annotated in my books, but I must admit that I've recently been tempted to use post it flags.

I mean no writing so there's no guilt and if I don't like it I can always take them off.

I actually just started doing this with Malice by John Gwynn and I'm enjoying it not to mention that it kind of looks pretty.

message 19: by Shawna (new)

Shawna :) (sugoishawn) | 102 comments no