A Good Thriller discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Book Pals - Archive > Changes Coming to Book Pals

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Lorrea - WhatChaReadin'? (whatchatreadin) | 2099 comments Mod
Hey everyone. I appreciate all who are participating in our current Book Pals for January. Participation in this program has dwindled a bit over the past few months, so we're going to make a few changes.

Instead of doing monthly book pals, we are going to do Seasonly Book Pals(Spring, Summer, etc) This will allow people who want to join half way through the ability to do so and give you more time to read with your Pal and maybe even read more books together. Right now I'm taking any and all suggestions from our members for your thoughts on this idea and any questions, concerns, or other thoughts you may have to help to make Book Pals more successful in the future!!

Thank you and Happy Reading!!

message 2: by Jaime (new)

Jaime (absorbedinpages) Seasonal book pals sounds good. It'll give us a chance to read more together. Question, once we finish a book do you discuss in the book pals thread?

message 3: by Perri (last edited Feb 01, 2017 10:20AM) (new)

Perri | 2293 comments Good Idea, I like it. And if anyone is interested in reading Triptych we're doing a group read in February in the PIFM folder :)

Jaime wrote: "Seasonal book pals sounds good. It'll give us a chance to read more together. Question, once we finish a book do you discuss in the book pals thread?"

Yes, there will still be a discussion folder for Book Pals that you can discuss while reading or when finished!!

message 5: by Amber (new)

Amber Martingale Sounds like a good idea.

message 6: by Theweebarrell (new)

Theweebarrell | 16 comments Sounds like a good idea as sometimes we all have a lot going on at the same time so will give us time to read the book pals choice

message 7: by Sean, Moderator (new)

Sean Peters | 9086 comments Mod
Hopefully this will help and increase those taking part.

It has gone down in totals recently. But also I notice the Read a Long has gone up, and as mentioned by Perri above more taking part in a joint read.

Also we some months, like last month have a Read a long and Q & A's, with Magnus Stanke, or own author.

So I guess we all trying to read quite a few books each month and keep up with the reads and book pals.

message 8: by Tyler (new)

Tyler I'm up for the change. Sounds good to me.

message 9: by Tonya (new)

Tonya (tonyasmith) | 863 comments I'm up for it. I really enjoyed the book pal read it was the first time I did participated in it

message 10: by Juliana (new)

Juliana | 339 comments I am up for it sometimes I just don't get time to read book choice in a month so this would be less stressful trying to finish the book on time

message 11: by Amy (new)

Amy (thenikitagirl) | 653 comments It's a great way to meet friends here as well. I've enjoyed the 4 or so that I've participated in with partners.

message 12: by Tyler (new)

Tyler We could also do a topic that would be for requests. Where someone says what they would like to read and see if there is any interest in it from other people. But then a topic would have to be created for each group for discussion. Might get hectic. Just a thought, feel free to ignore it :)

message 13: by Dana (new)

Dana (dkmckelvey) | 520 comments Another group I'm in does the quarterly read and it is really popular. Also in that one, the people pick a book for the person they are matched up with, not just read the same book. Maybe there could be the option of both...

Thank you all for your ideas and suggestions. I will take everything under consideration and talk it over with the other Mods to see how we will handle it all. It seems everyone though is on board for a "Seasonal" book Pal. So I will be posting a sign up in the next week or so for Spring Book Pals!! We'll do a schedule like this:

March 1- May 31 - Spring
June 1- August 30 Summer
September 1 - November 30 Fall
December 1 - February 28 Winter

message 15: by Sue (new)

Sue (readalongwithsue) Love this idea, I’m always so booked up ( excuse the pun) that reading with others seems hard to do. I’d be able to join with this idea as it gives me more time

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.