.. discussion

All Our Wrong Todays
This topic is about All Our Wrong Todays
Elan Mastai > All Our Wrong Todays | Discussion

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kristin Maceroni | 5 comments I received a sampler with a sample of this book in it and haven't been able to stop thinking about it since. Can't wait to read this one in its entirety!

message 2: by Lex (last edited Jan 31, 2017 08:20PM) (new)

Lex (likeliterallyliterary) | 194 comments Mod
Kristin wrote: "I received a sampler with a sample of this book in it and haven't been able to stop thinking about it since. Can't wait to read this one in its entirety!"

Oh, same! I was told if I enjoyed The Martian, which I did, I'd enjoy this book. I ended up loving The Martian so I'm hoping I'll also love All Our Wrong Todays! Only 6 more days until release day!

Roxanne | 75 comments I read this and it was okay for me. I wasn't blown away by it.

Kristin Maceroni | 5 comments I'm about a quarter of the way through and it has slowed down for me.

message 5: by Lex (new)

Alexa wrote: "Kristin wrote: "I received a sampler with a sample of this book in it and haven't been able to stop thinking about it since. Can't wait to read this one in its entirety!"

Oh, same! I was told if I..."

Kristin wrote: "I'm about a quarter of the way through and it has slowed down for me."

I haven't been able to read this yet! GAH. This month has been busy and I went on vacation!

However, that's not great news. Roxanne, what were the reasons you felt you weren't blown away with "All The Wrong Todays"? What didn't you like about the book?

Kristin, are you not interested in what's going on or what do you think is slowing your reading down?

Roxanne | 75 comments Too bogged down in technical information. Not enough connection with characters.

message 7: by Lex (new)

Roxanne wrote: "Too bogged down in technical information. Not enough connection with characters."

AH. I heard a coworker say a similar thing. I wonder how I'll enjoy it since I rather enjoy when there's technical information included in books. Like The Martian and Brain On Fire, which are some of my favourite books, but I could be wrong. It could be a complete overload and hard to connect with characters and the plot.

What are you planning on reading this month? Do you make any sort of TBRs?

Kristin Maceroni | 5 comments I think that was has slowed down the novel for me, is that the plot has become contrived. I can suspend belief to enter a world of the unbelievable (in this case an alternative universe), as long as the characters' actions stay believable to me. There is a plot twist that feels untrue to character for me and it's difficult for me to get past.

message 9: by Lex (new)

Kristin wrote: "I think that was has slowed down the novel for me, is that the plot has become contrived. I can suspend belief to enter a world of the unbelievable (in this case an alternative universe), as long a..."

I see what you're saying. Hmm, do you think you'll continue reading and push through or set it aside?

Kristin Maceroni | 5 comments I'll push through. I'm curious to see where it's going.

message 11: by Lex (new)

Kristin wrote: "I'll push through. I'm curious to see where it's going."

I'm going to try and catch up!

Roxanne | 75 comments I loved the Martian and it's compared to Dark Matter which is amazing. Not sure what makes a difference but part of it is how it's delivered.

Kristin Maceroni | 5 comments I finished and will probably give it 2 stars when I review it. Not helping matters much is the fact that I read Dark Matter right afterwards, which is similar in concept, but is amazingly executed.

I wanted so badly to like All Our Wrong Todays, and there were parts that were brilliant, but it fell apart about half way through for me, and I really had a difficult time making it through the last 30 pages. I found it to be anti-climatic, self-indulgent, and lacking a strong plot line.

Roxanne | 75 comments I read Dark Matter shortly before and so I wanted to love the book but it didn't come close.