Lincoln Parish Library discussion

Reading Challenges > February 2017: True Crime Confessions

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 215 comments I have a bit of a confession, patrons. I am a murderino, a term means someone who enjoys true crime stories as coined by the podcast My Favorite Murder. I blame the obsession on my mom watching nothing but Cold Case Files on A&E, Unsolved Mysteries, 48 Hours, 20/20, Rescue 911 and America’s Most Wanted when I was a kid. This is one of those topics that is both terrible and fascinating and you always feel kind of weird for being interested in it.

This month, let’s pick up some true crime. True crime books can be really gritty in detail, but there are several that are not (Did She Kill Him? By Kate Colquhoun or The Killer of Little Shepherds: A True Crime Story and the Birth of Forensic Science by Douglas Starr would be some good options). If you need help in finding one, just let me know. I plan on reading Green River Running Red: The Real Story of the Green River Killer by Ann Rule as a follow up to The Stranger Beside Me.
Green River, Running Red The Real Story of the Green River Killer--America's Deadliest Serial Murderer by Ann Rule

Let me know what you’ll be reading this month and be reassured in the fact that someone else is interested in true crime.

message 3: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 215 comments Linda wrote: "I'm reading Pretty Little Killers: The Truth Behind the Savage Murder of Skylar Neese by Daleen Berry"

That sounds like an interesting case!

message 4: by Jaicee (new)

Jaicee | 1 comments I read Zodiac this month. I also wholeheartedly support your murderinoness.