Polls for Our Souls discussion

Discussion > Absolutely most favourite character of all times

Comments Showing 1-50 of 130 (130 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Andreas (new)

Andreas Aristodemou (andreasaristodemou) | 92 comments Hey guys, how about sharing our favourite characters and the reasons we love them.
My favourite character of all time I guess it's Finch from all the bright places. Why? Because he's Finch. Everybody loves Finch.
Honorable mentions: Grimmalkin (iron fey), Alaska (looking for alaska), Charlie (perks of being a wallflower), Nikolai (crown's game) and Noah & Gansey (raven cycle)

message 2: by Tal (new)

Tal (lightweaver) Kvothe of Kingkiller.
Honorable mentions: Jorg(The broken empire), Kelsier(Mistborn), Jack Ryan(Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan novels), Wayne(Mistborn), Spook(Mistborn).

message 3: by Dimitri (last edited Jan 31, 2017 08:37AM) (new)

Dimitri Gimli (the movie version). So me:
"An Elf would go underground where a Dwarf dare not ? Ah, I'd never hear the end of it'

Diana ~Daughter of the Books~ (dianadaughterofthebooks) | 26 comments This is always a hard one, but I'll go for Percy Jackson, because he's funny, brave, kind, fair and loving, extremely famous and powerful, but he's still down to earth and as normal as he can manage. Also - Percabeth <3
Honorable mentions: Rhys (A Court of Thorns and Roses), Kaz Brekker (Six of Crows), Cath and Levi (Fangirl), Magnus Bane (The Mortal Instruments), Manon (Throne of Glass) and I need to stop, because honestly I could go on for quite a while.

message 5: by Skyril (new)

Skyril | 22 comments If I had to pick just one, I'd choose Skukduggery Pleasant.

Kelsier from Mistborn and Seth from Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones come in as close seconds.

message 6: by Skyril (new)

Skyril | 22 comments Skulduggery Pleasant because he's just so real to me. He's got a history and a life and ridiculously dry wit and fantastic style.

Kelsier because.... He is a beautiful soul. You can't even understand, I can't even explain it unless you read the book.

Seth because he's honorable and strong and capable and mature and steadfast and wise and pretty much embodies the man I'd like to marry.

message 7: by Pau Lethani (new)

Pau Lethani (lethanibooks) | 12 comments I'd say Ayla from the Earth's Children series because she grows as a character in every book of the series and she looks so real even if she lived millions of years ago.

Honorable mentions: Kvothe (The Kingkiller Chronicles series), Sensei (Kokoro) and Hassan (The Kite Runner).

message 8: by imts (new)

imts (heirofinkandpaper) | 24 comments andrew minyard probs though this was the hardest decision i have made in my entire life (the foxhole court)

honorable mentions: neil josten (the foxhole court); henry cheng, gansey, ronan, adam, noah (the raven cycle); percy jackson (pjo); kaz brekker (six of crows); legolas (lotr); mr darcy (pride and prejudice); magnus bane (tmi, tid, etc); puck (iron fey) and i should probably stop now

message 9: by Grace (new)

Grace Liraz, Kestrel and Arin...and I can't think of anyone else off the top of my head. OH WAIT CRESS AND THORNE AND IKO AND ALL OF THE TLC CREW!!

message 10: by Jessica (new)

Jessica LaMotte  (jesz009) Nykyrian Quiakides from Born of Night will always be my favorite, though Rhys from ACOMAF is a very very very close second

message 11: by Tara (new)

Tara (taraleannstan) | 31 comments Ronan Lynch from The Raven Cycle - I have never connected so much with a book character in all my years of reading. I see so much of myself in Ronan, and I understand a lot of what he's going through, so he just has a very special place in my heart.

Honorable mentions: Percy Jackson (Percy Jackson and the Olympians), Wesley Ayers (The Archived), Nico di Angelo (Percy Jackson and the Olympians), Mackenzie Bishop (The Archived), and Gansey (The Raven Cycle).

message 12: by meg (new)

meg (excelsiors) | 16 comments harry potter from, well, harry potter :)
cliche, yes, but he's been my favourite character since i was 8. honourable mentions are hermione granger from harry potter, (and like everyone else besides snape and dumbledore lol), ronan lynch and blue sargent from the raven cycle, cath from fangirl, and alec and simon from the mortal instruments

message 13: by Natalie (last edited Jan 31, 2017 11:38AM) (new)

Natalie Grace | 21 comments Oh my god, I could go on forever... here a but a few:

Kvoth (Kingkiller Chronicles), Luna Lovegood (HP, duh.), Kas Brekker (Six of Crows) Kestrel (Winner's Curse), Ronan Lynch (Raven King), Carwyn ap Bryn (Elemental Mysteries), Paige MaHoney (Bone Season)

Anddddd oh so many more...

message 14: by Rachael (new)

Rachael (insidemymind18) | 1 comments It's really hard to pick 1 absolute favourite, but I'll list a few of my favs: Jem (The Infernal Devices), Percy Jackson (Olympians series), Allen Walker (D.Gray-Man), Nico di Angelo (Olympians series), Clare (Claymore), Brom (Inheritance Cycle), Mikasa (AOT), Magnus Bane (Shadowhunters series), Hamlet (Hamlet), Arriane (Fallen series), etc. I could go on for ever probably XD

message 15: by wezikz (new)

wezikz (clockworkbookworm) | 8 comments There' too much to choose from!!!

message 16: by Mieke (new)

Mieke (miekebxx) | 29 comments Cath (fangirl) and Baz (Carry On) oh and my über bae Newt (The maze runner)

Seema ♥Nerdgirl♥ (brotherlyloveisbeautiful) | 38 comments Frank and Joe Hardy from the Hardy Boys. I love their relationship with each other, and I love the brother teamwork. They're brave and rescue people. I also love Nancy Drew for her smartness. She's brave, and willing to help people ( almost same reason y I love the Hardys ).
Also I love Ponyboy and Sodapop Curtis from The Ousiders by S.E. Hinton.

Elizabeth ♛Smart Girls Love Trashy Books♛  (pinkhairedwannabe) | 102 comments It's really hard to pick someone since I really don't relate to characters very much when I read, but I really liked Harper Price from the Rebel Belle trilogy. She was girly, smart, yet badass and willing to defend her friends and boyfriend, and matures throughout the series.

message 19: by SH (new)

SH (shvkri) Kaz !!! From six of crows my all time character ugh my love *.*

message 20: by Tecla (new)

Tecla WARNER!!!! from Shatter Me series and Magnus and Cleo from Falling Kingdoms. But really Warner. lol

message 21: by Sana (new)

Sana Percy Jackson!

message 22: by Jill (new)

Jill (jillianvarv) | 17 comments Anne Shirley and Cormoran Strike

message 24: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Celis (stephaniiec) I have two favorites, both are tied in the first place (I actually have a list and I couldn't choose between them LOL):
Rhysand from A Court of Thorns and Roses // A Court of Mist and Fury. Because he's badass, sexy, sweet, fun, and I love the way he encourages "his girl", (view spoiler) to be strong and independent.

Will Herondale from The Infernal Devices because he loves fiercely, he's an amazing friend, loyal, sweet, and funny.

Sorry for my bad english

message 25: by lacy (new)

lacy white (lacymiri) Hermione as my number one, no questions asked. I do love Luna Lovegood, Inej (from Six of Crows), Sam (from The Perks of Being a Wallflower), and The Royal Brothers (from The Paper Princess Trilogy).

message 26: by Elle (new)

Elle (ellexamines) (ellexamines) Adam Parrish from TRC!! also Jesper and Inej and Kaz and Nina and Wylan from SoC (okay. that's almost all of them but whatever)

message 27: by TAY (new)

TAY (bodysurfer27) | 8 comments Arya Stark from A Song of Fire and Ice series (Game of Thrones) by George R. R. Martin.

But I do love Theresa (Tessa) Gray from the Infernal Devices series.

message 28: by Vitak (new)

Vitak (vitak_cheav) | 16 comments June Iparis from Legend.
Hermione Granger from Harry Potter.
Cassiopeia Sullivan from The 5th Wave.

message 29: by Louise (new)

Louise | 101 comments Rhysand from ACOTAR
Magnus Damora from Falling Kingdoms
Severus Snape from Harry Potter

message 30: by Anna (new)

Anna (magnuschse) i can't choose just one!
enoch o'connor: mphfpc
magnus chase: mcga
leo valdez, piper mclean and jason grace: hoo
honorable mentions:
noah czerny: trc
draco malfoy: hp
newt scamander: fbawtft
jace herondale: tmi
nina zenik: soc

message 31: by Abbie (new)

Abbie Lucy (abbielucy) | 10 comments Aelin Ashryver Galathynius, Isabelle Lightwood, Katniss Everdeen, Day and June from Legend, Percy and Annabeth, Ron weasley, Jem Carstairs, Jamie Fraser

message 32: by Gabriella (new)

Gabriella Hoff Bilbo Baggins

message 33: by Terris (new)

Terris Jill wrote: "Anne Shirley and Cormoran Strike"

I agree with both of those! :)

message 34: by Ayan (new)

Ayan | 19 comments My man, Percy Jackson!
And Zuzana!

message 35: by Caron (new)

Caron (diminishingthoughts) | 14 comments Severus Snape

Others: Simon Lewis from TMI, Captain America, Jaime Lannister

message 36: by Amy (new)

Amy (thenikitagirl) | 36 comments Lucky & Gino Santangelo

message 37: by Roselyn_Reads (new)

Roselyn_Reads My favorite character of all times is Scout from To Kill a Mockingbird. I love her innocense and curiousity to life. Other Fave characters are Katniss from the Hunger Games and Warner from the Shatter Me Series.

message 38: by Cordelianne (new)

Cordelianne Roselyn wrote: "My favorite character of all times is Scout from To Kill a Mockingbird. I love her innocense and curiousity to life. Other Fave characters are Katniss from the Hunger Games and Warner from the Shat..."

I love Warner as well! But I also like Kaz and Hermione!

message 39: by lacy (new)

lacy white (lacymiri) Vitak wrote: "June Iparis from Legend.
Hermione Granger from Harry Potter.
Cassiopeia Sullivan from The 5th Wave."

I loved Cassie from the 5th Wave. Her sass gave me life.

message 40: by Jill (new)

Jill (jillianvarv) | 17 comments Terris wrote: "Jill wrote: "Anne Shirley and Cormoran Strike"

I agree with both of those! :)"

Thanks Terris! They're pretty different characters-gotta admit :)

message 41: by Alex (new)

Alex | 27 comments Kelsier (Mistborn series)
Zane ( Mistborn series)
Sirius Black (Harry Potter)
Remus Lupin (harry potter)
Fred and George Weasley (harry Potter)
Ron Wealsey (harry potter)
Zosia (Crimson Empire Triology)

message 42: by Francesca (last edited Feb 14, 2017 07:28AM) (new)

Francesca | 26 comments Shug Avery (The Color Purple), Ron Weasley (Harry Potter), and Samwise Gamgee (Lord of the Rings).

I have sooooo many more favourite characters but those three are probably at the top.

message 43: by Anita (new)

Anita (neet413) | 127 comments Atticus and Oberon from the Iron Druid Chronicles.

message 44: by Pottermnm (new)

Pottermnm Montse | 45 comments Harry Potter of course !

message 45: by curleduptoes (new)

curleduptoes | 50 comments Snape, Ron, Hagrid, Dumbeldore.

message 46: by Kevin (last edited Feb 12, 2017 08:52AM) (new)

Kevin (kevn57) I like lots of genres so these are my favorite by genre.
Sam - Lord of the Rings (Fantasy)
Wade Watts - Ready Player One (SF)
Elizabeth Bennet - Pride and Prejudice (Classic)
Flavia de Luce - Flavia series (Mystery)
Ivy Tamwood - The Hollows series (Urban Fantasy)
"Skink" (Clinton Tyree) Carl Hiaasen character (humor)

message 47: by Mary (last edited Feb 18, 2017 03:17PM) (new)

Mary (leafmary) | 10 comments Firestar-Warriors (This series got me into reading so I'll always have a special place for it.)
Rhysand-ACOTAR
Kai-Lunar Chronicles
Hermione-Harry Potter
Noriko-From Far Away
John Thornton-North and South

message 48: by Helene (new)

Helene (1helene_) | 1 comments MAGNUS BANE

message 49: by Nitish (new)

Nitish Andola (nitishandola) | 3 comments Albus Dumbledore - Harry Potter (For his wisdom and quotes)
Fred and George - Harry Potter (For their coolness)

message 50: by Sara (new)

Sara (sarrehs) | 10 comments Rose Hathaway, Adrian Ivashkov, Dimitri Belikov (Vampire Academy)

Jace Wayland, Magnus Bane, Simon Lewis, Alec Lightwood (the Mortal Instruments)

Linnea Wallin, Vanessa Mohlin (the Circle by Sara Bergmark & Mats Strandberg)

« previous 1 3