The Challenge Factory discussion

You (You, #1)
This topic is about You
2017 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > Elena, Diamond & Rachel - You

Comments Showing 1-46 of 46 (46 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new)

Denise (destiny_chan) | 5316 comments Mod
Elena, Diamond & Rachel - You

Elena | 1381 comments checking in ! when do you guys wanna start?

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 650 comments I put the book on hold at the library and it's being transported to it :) so I will pick it up Saturday. I can start it whenever!

Elena | 1381 comments Monday?

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 650 comments Sounds great! Really looking forward to this one.

Elena | 1381 comments I started ... did you ?
wow, the guy's a creep... i'm listening to it on audio and the narrator does it perfectly ... he's creeping me out, lol!

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 650 comments I'm going to start it tonight! I'm so excited...!!!

Diamond Jones-Cox (mzaware28) Just picked up my copy from the library. I have the audio version also and will start Tomorrow

message 9: by Elena (last edited Feb 08, 2017 09:06AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Elena | 1381 comments the girl is honestly such a ditz ...
I mean (view spoiler)

Joe - (view spoiler)

i'm almost 1/2 way through. ..

message 10: by Rachel (last edited Feb 09, 2017 07:53AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 650 comments I just started it! Sorry for a little bit of a delay :)

I love it so far. It's really messed up. This main character, Joe, is so creepy!!! I kinda wish I was listening to it on audio too, it would definitely up the "creep" factor!

Beck is definitely a ditz... I didn't click your spoiler cuts yet but just the little I read (which was up to this point: (view spoiler)) is driving me mad.

*oops, wrote the wrong name at first, lol

I can't wait for my lunch break later so I can keep on reading! I'll come back and post more coherent thoughts when I have the book in front of me lol

Elena | 1381 comments hahah yeah, i'm totally hooked... I m a bit more than half ...

you can read the spoilers if you are at that point - I didnt' write anything major that you wouldn't already know at this point :)

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 650 comments Elena wrote: "the girl is honestly such a ditz ...
I mean [spoilers removed]

Joe - [spoilers removed]

i'm almost 1/2 way through. .."

OMG you're so right about what you wrote about Joe!!!!

Elena | 1381 comments lol! :D:D:D:D

Elena | 1381 comments omg - so Beck keeps on annoying me ... she is so attention seeking and self centered... but then she just lets Peach run her life and ruin her dates and just boss her around!?!?!?

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 650 comments OMG i just got to page 70 on my lunch break... which is right up to Chapter 10. (view spoiler) I can't believe it's only 70 pages in, so many more pages to go!!! what the hell else is gonna happen?!

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 650 comments Got up to page 135 (which is just a little bit into chapter 14):

(view spoiler)

This was a great choice! I'm so glad i'm reading it.

Elena | 1381 comments yess!!! when Benji says that Beck is a stalker - I was like "omggg, she is meant for Joe!!!" :DDD I thought that maybe she was also a bit stalkerish based on how obsessed with Benji she was, while he obviously kept blowing her off...
yeah, who knows , maybe Beck and Joe are meant to be!!!!

I'm gonna wait for you now :) I have a about 100 pages left (estimated, because i'm listening to it on audio) :):):)

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 650 comments I got up to page 207, which is chapter 23. Omfg. I can't put in a spoiler cut because I'm on my phone. I wish I could sit and read thru the rest in one go because it's getting so tense!!! he just left that costume party on the boat... And learned about Peach. OMFG lol

Elena | 1381 comments lol , hahaha I know it's a total page turner! I wish I didn't have to work or do anything else :D

message 20: by Rachel (last edited Feb 10, 2017 12:57PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 650 comments OK now I'm home and can write a proper comment with spoiler cuts!

I'll use chapters since that's probably more helpful for you both since you're listening to audio --

Chapters 14 - 18
(view spoiler)

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 650 comments Chapters 19 - 22

(view spoiler)

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 650 comments I got up to chapter 34, so I'll post some more comments in a bit to catch up with where I'm at :)

Elena | 1381 comments Rachel wrote: "... Chapter 18 was really good, with the date. Again, I got so mad at Peach for interrupting the date (but why?! this dude is a psycho and I should be happy Beck got away from him! LOL).

YESSSS !!!! I got so upset that Peach ruined their date - and then i was like 'what the hell?!?!?! he's a psycho - i should be relieved!' But Beck is MORE annoying than him!!!

Peach is so manipulative!
- yeah , what the hell is the deal with PEach ... you will see more, later on - but really?! i pretty much hate her !

Elena | 1381 comments Rachel wrote: "Chapters 19 - 22

OH my god at Peach having all those photos of Beck... and now we know she's in love/obsessed with Beck, too! And she's totally insufferable... At this point I am just waiting for..."

--- yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees, you got to the part where PEach has naked pics of Beck!? Gross....

Elena | 1381 comments considering how much i hate Peach, i was thinking "omg, bitch got what she deserved" and then i felt bad, lol!
this book is making me into a bad person :D

message 26: by Elena (last edited Feb 10, 2017 05:03PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Elena | 1381 comments Ok finished!

Are you at Karen yet? Around chapter 35-36 (view spoiler)

Around chapter 38 (when Peach and Beck go to New England... Little Compton): (view spoiler)

Around chapter 42-45: (view spoiler)

Soooo the end: (view spoiler)

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 650 comments Elena wrote: "considering how much i hate Peach, i was thinking "omg, bitch got what she deserved" and then i felt bad, lol!
this book is making me into a bad person :D"

LMAO, me too!!!

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 650 comments I'm gonna finish it now. I'm so excited! I'll come back and post my thoughts.

Elena | 1381 comments Ok !! :DDD

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 650 comments I JUST FINISHED HOLY SHIT

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 650 comments Yeah, I wonder -- (view spoiler)

I was surprised by the ending too - (view spoiler)

your previous comment made me LOL. I was so happy when (view spoiler)

Diamond Jones-Cox (mzaware28) Hey Ladies!!! OMG this book is insane and I'm loving it.
On my way to work and can't wait to get there so I can finished listening

message 33: by Elena (last edited Feb 12, 2017 02:11PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Elena | 1381 comments Rachel said: (view spoiler) ---- YEEES!! I thought this too!

Ok so i see that this is a series... (view spoiler)

Elena | 1381 comments Diamond wrote: "Hey Ladies!!! OMG this book is insane and I'm loving it.
On my way to work and can't wait to get there so I can finished listening"

Comment as you go along - this book was insane for me, lol!!

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 650 comments Elena wrote: "Rachel said: [spoilers removed] ---- YEEES!! I thought this too!

Ok so i see that this is a series... [spoilers removed]"

I really wanna read the next book... I wonder what's gonna happen in that????

Elena | 1381 comments me too !
we can do it next month as a buddy read if you want???

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 650 comments Elena wrote: "me too !
we can do it next month as a buddy read if you want???"

HELL YES!

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 650 comments Hidden Bodies is the next one

Diamond Jones-Cox (mzaware28) Ladies I just finished the last disc. I definitely want to read the next book too. This was crazy....

Elena | 1381 comments Diamond wrote: "Ladies I just finished the last disc. I definitely want to read the next book too. This was crazy...."

I know! how psycho is Joe??? love it !! :)))
Did you hate Peach and Beck as much as we did, lol ?? :D

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 650 comments Diamond wrote: "Ladies I just finished the last disc. I definitely want to read the next book too. This was crazy...."

lmao yeah it was. it was so messed up!

Diamond Jones-Cox (mzaware28) I had a love/hate relationship with Beck. There were times when she got on my nerves and other times I just felt sorry and wanted to give her a hug.... .lol!

Diamond Jones-Cox (mzaware28) Is it crazy that even though Joe was a crazy psycho I like him better than Beck...... lmao

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 650 comments Diamond wrote: "I had a love/hate relationship with Beck. There were times when she got on my nerves and other times I just felt sorry and wanted to give her a hug.... .lol!"

omg same. sometimes i saw myself in her, even the ugly parts, so even though i didnt like her i felt a little bad for her at times lol

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 650 comments Diamond wrote: "Is it crazy that even though Joe was a crazy psycho I like him better than Beck...... lmao"

SAME!!

Elena | 1381 comments yup yup ...