The Challenge Factory discussion

The Invasion of the Tearling (The Queen of the Tearling, #2)
This topic is about The Invasion of the Tearling
2017 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > Nathalie & Samantha - The Invasion of the Tearling

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new)

Denise (destiny_chan) | 5314 comments Mod
Nathalie & Samantha - The Invasion of the Tearling

Nathalie (natelena) | 169 comments Do we start this tomorrow, or what would you prefer?

message 3: by Samantha (last edited Feb 28, 2017 11:33PM) (new) - added it

Samantha Harvey (missymaysreadingnook) | 404 comments Okay, sorry this is late DX let me know what you think:

Wednesday, March 1 - Ch 1
Thursday, March 2 - Ch. 2
Friday, March 3 - Ch. 2 (if didn't finish)-Ch.4
Saturday, March 4 - Ch. 5-7
Sunday, March 5 - Ch. 8-9
Monday, March 6 - Ch. 10
Tuesday, March 7 - Ch. 10
Wednesday, March 8 - Ch. 11
Thursday, March 9 - Ch. 12
Friday, March 10 - Ch. 13-end

I'm not quite sure how things will go with this one since most of the chapters are pretty long. I've spent the past week not reading anything so I'm not burned out. I should be able to keep up with the schedule, but we should stay in touch (as we do anyway :P) in case we want to change the pace on any of it. I know that I wanted to just read through the last third of the first book almost all at once and here it's spread out over 2-3 days. We can always start on a different date too. We don't have to start on Wednesday - we could wait until Friday to start. Just let me know what you want to do and we can adjust the schedule.

Nathalie (natelena) | 169 comments Thanks for the schedule! :) I am reading this on my kindle therefore I am not really able to check the chapters in advance (like, how long they are). But all of your schedules have been working perfectly so I'd say this one is totally fine. And like you said, we can always adjust it later on.

I will get on reading the first chapter now but probably won't post anything before tomorrow as it's getting late here already. Maybe there won't be much going on anyway, let's see... ;) But I am excited to see how the story continues!

message 5: by Samantha (new) - added it

Samantha Harvey (missymaysreadingnook) | 404 comments Sounds great :) I probably won't get to reading until tonight as well so it's all good :) I'm looking forward to it!

message 6: by Samantha (new) - added it

Samantha Harvey (missymaysreadingnook) | 404 comments Ch. 1

(view spoiler)

Nathalie (natelena) | 169 comments Yeah, Hall seems really creative when it comes to war! :O Really great how he brought down a whole lot of Morts without even putting his own men into danger! I am hoping he will be able to retrieve the canons!

I know what you mean with Ewen. Brenna is something so I really hope he will see it coming. He does know she is evil so that's at least something.

That's what I was thinking, that she has another vision. Who is Arliss again? Is that the monk/priest that was doing the coronation ceremony? And father Tylor is the successor of the last father and not really a nice guy? Uff, please refresh my mind :)

message 8: by Samantha (new) - added it

Samantha Harvey (missymaysreadingnook) | 404 comments I had to do some searching because I forgot who Arliss was as well. I had just assumed he was one of the Queen's Guard. He was the shady bookkeeper that Lazarus/Mace suggested be the Royal Treasurer.

I'm pretty sure Father Tyler was the nice one. I can't remember the name of the other one that was bad. I wish I had the book so I could look it up :(

Nathalie (natelena) | 169 comments Yes, of course! Arliss is the treasurer! Thanks for clearing it up :) Then you're right, father Tyler is the one who did the coronation ceremony and is now in the keep to spy on Kelsea. But he kinda told her about that and is helping with copying books and also lends some to Kelsea from his own collection.

message 10: by Samantha (new) - added it

Samantha Harvey (missymaysreadingnook) | 404 comments No problem :) Ya, I'm hoping that Tyler being a spy won't really be too much of a factor in the plot, especially since Kelsea is somewhat in on it.

Nathalie (natelena) | 169 comments Ch. 2:

(view spoiler)

Nathalie (natelena) | 169 comments Ch. 3 - 4:

(view spoiler)

message 13: by Samantha (new) - added it

Samantha Harvey (missymaysreadingnook) | 404 comments Ch. 2

Ya, things are a bit slow. I remember feeling this way with the first book too, especially after reading The Starlight Archives, this series has a lot slower pace. I think it's just taking its time to build up the invasion, but I wish it would speed up a little bit.

It took me a minute to wrap my mind around being in the past, which is our future. I wasn't totally grasping that whole scenario, but after a few pages, it finally started to make sense. It's kind of cool to see what their past is like, but I'm not sure how it relates to what's going on in the book now.

My eyelids are pretty heavy so I'm going to call it a night for now. I'm going to have a lot more time to read tomorrow. Hopefully things will pick up a bit!

message 14: by Samantha (new) - added it

Samantha Harvey (missymaysreadingnook) | 404 comments Ch. 3 & 4

I like the direction things are going in. We've got some actual conflict going! That Holy Father is extremely annoying -.- He needs to be removed, but I feel like he's going to be a big villain for a while.

I feel like Pen is the gay guy that the Holy Father was talking about. I could be wrong, but I've kind of got a feeling about it. She was going a little strong wasn't she?! Geez Louise! I've noticed that she seems more angry in this book as well. I know she was angry in the other book, but here, it seems to be more constant and magnified. Maybe its her sapphires doing that?

Nathalie (natelena) | 169 comments Yeah I agree with you, I too think we have to endure the Holy Father a while longer :| Hope at least in book 3 he has what is coming to him.

Kelsea does seem to have issues, right? I haven't figured those sapphires out yet, they do seem to have a mind of their own...

Ch. 5-7:

(view spoiler)

Nathalie (natelena) | 169 comments Ch. 8-9:

(view spoiler)

Nathalie (natelena) | 169 comments Hey Samantha! I thought I'd ask if you wanna adjust the schedule? ;)

message 18: by Samantha (new) - added it

Samantha Harvey (missymaysreadingnook) | 404 comments Gah -.- I know :( Tonight there's no husband because he's helping a friend move, so I can read without feeling guilty or with distractions. We'll probably need an adjustment (and by we, I mean me) for the schedule, but I want to see how far I get today before I call it. I'll make sure to let you know how far I get before I go to bed. It seems that you are on here about the time I'm about to go to sleep, so it should work out. sorry for the delay again :( I thought I was back in the groove, then I started working full-time at my job and it cut into my reading time drastically :(

Nathalie (natelena) | 169 comments Oh I assumed already that you changed to full time as you said you would soon. So I totally understand! :) Yeah, just let me know, I haven't read any further than chapter 9...

Nathalie (natelena) | 169 comments I haven't heard back from you? I guess life is crazy right now? ;)
I did continue reading though because I don't wanna let too much time pass between the single chapters. I tend to forget what happened...

Ch. 10:

(view spoiler)